• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most embarrassing Drive Moment

I've never understood why anyone would put a basket near a parking lot.
I've thrown backward, almost nailed my fiancee. I hit a tree about 5' off a teepad, and I've tripped off the end of a teepad and spun around like a top. I believe that was pretty much on one game.

I remember one time right after my buddy and I first started playing. It was like our second or third time playing and it was really windy out and we had absolutely no idea how to throw in the wind. So I stepped up threw my drive, the wind caught it and it landed about 10 feet in front of the teepad. My buddy laughed and goes that was pathetic. He then stepped up and threw his drive only to have a gust of wind blow it about 10 backwards behind the teepad. Thats my best bad drive story.

I tried out a backhand throw with a drive. I gave it everything I had and it ended up about 20 feet behind me... I'm still learning.

I didnt really have a moment like this yet.... but my buddy I go disc golfing with was driving off didnt let go on time and it went backwards and almost beheaded a kid with it. we were like you lucky their is a tree there.

This past winter I slipped off the front of an elevated tee pad and went rolling down a snowy hill. My disc hit an early tree, so I ended up going farther than it did.

Last edited:
I've had a few bad drives in my day. A few months back I tossed a sidearm drive straight into the ground about 20' off the tee. Worst part about it was that our group was holding up about 3 others because of a lost disc. We were playing leagues so they couldn't pass.

Long ago when I was just starting out a friend of mine griplocked a big drive straight at me. i was standing about 85 degrees to the right of him and took it straight into my throwing arm. I had the deepest horrible bruise ever.

I fell of the end of a slightly elevated teepad once and somehow landed straight on the top of my head. Apparently it was quite the sight to see, but sadly no video. I didn't hurt anything more than my pride and at least my throw actually still went where it was supposed to.

my most embarrassing moment is when i released my DX Destroyer way too late and it cut through a maple tree like it was butter and hit a 3 year old girl in the back of her head WHILE she was swinging on a tire swing. yeah. that happened

^^ ouch. I haven't hit anyone yet but I imagine it's up there on the butt clencher chart.

I've fallen a few times on wet or slick areas but that happens off the teepad. It's just embarrassing. I've tried to walk across a bunch of nasty pond sludge dirt that I thought was dry and solid but ended up sinking up to my knee and needing help getting out from a friend. He laughed.

Only time I've been on the teepad and made a bad mistake it turned a big hyzer flip into a roller shot. I fell on my butt but parked the roller a few feet out and birdied.

Had a buddy throwing, while another group was finishing putting near by. The group were arguing about something, then just as he is in his run-up a guy yells "the BEST slayer song is obviously..." My buddy throws it 90 degrees straight into a house. He didn't even look at the disc he walked right at them screaming "how the hell am I supposed to throw when I'm hearing something like that..." I was on my knees in laughter. We let him rethrow except we couldn't stop laughing.

I've got a couple really good ones.

About four years ago, I was playing Highbridge in Spokane, we are teeing off on hole 9. Hole 8's basket is 90 degree's right of the tee-pad. We were playing Ripit Revenge. I get on the pad, line my shot up, get into my throwing motion when my buddy plays the scream card. He screams like a little girl (at about 110 decibels). Scares the crap out of me, I grip lock and card a black ace on a basket 40 feet from me. Take my 5p and walk off on a hole that I never 4.

Two years ago, I'm talking with a good friend of mine who can bomb side arm and not throw a back hand to save his life. I'm trying to demonstrate that backhand is easy to learn and so much better for distance. Get up to the pad, do my x-up and trip over my shoes which had the sole coming off at the toe. Accidentally release my disc in the midst of this and shank it at straight at a little league game far off the fairway. Disc lands 15 feet in front of the pitchers mound as the pitcher was releasing his throw. He hits the batter, the batter takes his base and I ruined a 14 year old's perfect game. I could not apologize enough to him, his team and family. Needless to say I didn't play at Corbin Park again for many moons.

Once griplocked a drive into an empty parking lot, well empty except for the one car that my wraith left its mark on. Oh, did I forget to mention that there were two teenagers in it doing their thing. Dude got out of the passenger side so I said I was sorry picked up my disc, I didn't get close enough to look at the drivers side door since my disc skipped a ways off of it but I'm sure it must of done some damage.

Truly trying to learn a backhand drive after many years of sidearm. I unwind a drive with the power grip.... and my disc floats over the heads of my pals - who are standing about 20 feet behind the tee! After a moment of shock and silence, we all die laughing. A similar incident happened months later. Nowadays if my friends should accidentally walk out into the fairway before I have had my chance to drive, I yell "one more drive", and they reply "we should all be safe right here!"

Last edited:
scaled.php

First post... Yay!

I was playing a new course earlier this week. Wooded course up in the mountains. The holes aren't marked all that well and I'm by myself. I step up to 16 and look around for the basket (cans on sticks actually). It appears to be a downhill hole 275-280 pretty straight up shot. I rip my eagle down there and its just the perfect shot! Hits square in the middle of the cans. I start screaming, jumping and pretty much crying... it's my first ace. I run all the way to the disc. There are four guys standing there laughing at me, Im still jumping up and down. The guys look at me and say "Great shot, but this is hole 4, hole 16 goes the other way..."

Needless to say I felt like an idiot and slunk off to go throw at the correct basket.

I've got a couple really good ones.

About four years ago, I was playing Highbridge in Spokane, we are teeing off on hole 9. Hole 8's basket is 90 degree's right of the tee-pad. We were playing Ripit Revenge. I get on the pad, line my shot up, get into my throwing motion when my buddy plays the scream card. He screams like a little girl (at about 110 decibels). Scares the crap out of me, I grip lock and card a black ace on a basket 40 feet from me. Take my 5p and walk off on a hole that I never 4.

Two years ago, I'm talking with a good friend of mine who can bomb side arm and not throw a back hand to save his life. I'm trying to demonstrate that backhand is easy to learn and so much better for distance. Get up to the pad, do my x-up and trip over my shoes which had the sole coming off at the toe. Accidentally release my disc in the midst of this and shank it at straight at a little league game far off the fairway. Disc lands 15 feet in front of the pitchers mound as the pitcher was releasing his throw. He hits the batter, the batter takes his base and I ruined a 14 year old's perfect game. I could not apologize enough to him, his team and family. Needless to say I didn't play at Corbin Park again for many moons.

If he's 14, he shouldn't be playing Little League.
No wonder he had a perfect game going.

Why would you take a 5p?