• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

most embarrassing moment in disc golf?

all these poo stories and no one carries a little walgreens travel packet of tissues with them? sheesh.

i've got ibs so it'd be stupid of me not to, but i can't believe more players don't take that precaution.

lol I've been backpacking enough to were I don't mind using leafs in an emergency.

I was in Birmingham earlier this week, and I took in George Ward Park for the first time. I was also introducing a relative of mine to the sport of disc golf as well. It wasn't too busy that day, but there was a group ahead of me. Well I thought I was looking at the right basket when I tee'd off on #3. As I'm walking up to make my putt, I see three indignant faces looking at me and trying to aim at the same basket. That was the moment I realized I was playing the wrong basket. I offered up my apologies, but I don't think they were amused by my mistake. Which made me feel even more embarrassed in front of my relative! They acted like Ball Golfers!

I was in Birmingham earlier this week, and I took in George Ward Park for the first time. I was also introducing a relative of mine to the sport of disc golf as well. It wasn't too busy that day, but there was a group ahead of me. Well I thought I was looking at the right basket when I tee'd off on #3. As I'm walking up to make my putt, I see three indignant faces looking at me and trying to aim at the same basket. That was the moment I realized I was playing the wrong basket. I offered up my apologies, but I don't think they were amused by my mistake. Which made me feel even more embarrassed in front of my relative! They acted like Ball Golfers!

I've done that a number of times, I play a lot of different courses so on the ones with poor signage or lots of holes crammed together it's bound to happen. I've never had someone get upset about it though, all my experiences have been with friendly locals who are happy to point the way to the correct basket or offer to play the round with you and show you around.

all these poo stories and no one carries a little walgreens travel packet of tissues with them? sheesh.

i've got ibs so it'd be stupid of me not to, but i can't believe more players don't take that precaution.

I almost always play with my gf, and she keeps a mini roll of tp in the bag just in case. It's been a lifesaver a few different times for me. Definitely something to tuck into a pocket somewhere when you're playing more remote courses.

I've done that a number of times, I play a lot of different courses so on the ones with poor signage or lots of holes crammed together it's bound to happen. I've never had someone get upset about it though, all my experiences have been with friendly locals who are happy to point the way to the correct basket or offer to play the round with you and show you around.

Yeah, you'd think. I smiled, waved, gave the standard "oops, my bad!" ...Not a word. :confused: So I let them get a good lead, just in case it happened again. LOL I guess that was the 1%. (rounded up, I'm sure). I still like George Ward though, I'll be back the next time I'm in B'ham.

Last edited:
Crapped myself on the 5th hole one time. Spotted a porta-pottie, but the walk was about 600 ft. away, so I continued to crap myself all the way there. There's more to this story, but I'll let it be.

Ended up driving home while sitting on a empty McDonalds bag or something.

Dude I know how it goes. I've had ulcerative colitis for 3+ years and was playing one time as it was getting late. I tell my buddies I need to go to take a dump and turns out the stalls are locked. It's pretty dark so I sit on a picnic table and fit myself over the edge for a nice sitting station. I find something to wipe and all of the sudden a man and woman each come out of the stalls while my pants are half up. As I pulled the pants over my A$$ crack, I started running so they would never recognize me.

I have a lot of these stories so my buddies just thought of it as a good laugh. Minus one inflamed large intestine later and I'm good to go without any issues on the disc golf course.

It's not like crapping myself, but game wise the other day at the Grange in Va, I threw a shot trying to get through a wooded area I ended up in and hit a tree three feet in front of me only to have the disc rebound right back at me! I instinctvely caught it! and dropped it behind taking a stroke! Worst throw ever!

I don't know what it is, but I think my body has some sort of "disc golf, so we need to poop" thing. No matter when I am going to play, about an hour to 30 minutes before I am about to leave, I end up spending 10 minutes on the toilet. After that, I am good for the rest of the day. I don't plan it like that, my body just does it like that.

I was playing in one of my first doubles advanced tournaments and it was alternating shot. My partner through a nice approach just five feet from the basket. I went to putt while he went to the next Tee. You guessed it, I missed and had to go get him and explain that I missed the easy five footer. It's bad enough when you do it to yourself.

^ damn that sucks, esp in doubles alternate throw

it's pretty embarrassing when step up to the tee box on one of few ace-able holes and throw completely off line or straight into ground ... I hate bad drives on makeable holes

I hit a 60 year old ninja with a disc. My buddies and I were playing a short 9 holer. We stepped up to a hole with a double mando directly off the tee. You had to split 2 trees that created a 20 foot gap and they were only like 10 feet off the front of the tee. I step up and say, "why is this a posted mando? you can't miss this thing." As I tee off, I sawed off my throw and it goes immediately left totally missing the "unmissable mando". It is headed directly towards a group of old men practicing tai-chi (or some crap). I shout "WATCH OUT!" like four times before my disc proceeds to hit the tallest man in the sternum. They promptly left and my buddies razz me everytime we see that mando. I did get a good ninja drawn on top of that disc to keep the memory alive.

I had just recently met someone who is now my girlfriend. Of course, the topic of disc golf came up and she was interested in learning about it. I got out a few discs and started telling her all about the game. I then preceded to show her how to throw one. There was a grill near by (100 feet) in the park so I told her to pretend that was the basket and threw my disc. I threw it straight into the woods way off in the wrong direction. I started laughing and was so embarrassed. I still laugh when I think about it and I still never play very well when she's along.

I enjoy these types of polls... for me, it was on #17 at Will Rogers in OKC. It was excessivly windy (headwind), and I wanted to bear down and throw low and hard. There was a group of about 6 people behind the tee that let us play though and another group of 4 or 5 approaching the tee after playing #16. Quite a gallery... I was just learning the power grip and held on too long on my drive. The disc went almost straight up, to the right and because of the strong wind, the disc actually landed behind the tee box. It took me weeks to get over the embarrassment.

Latest posts