• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most EXTREME course you've ever played?

The Ozark Mt Trio is hard to beat.
Totally agree. So glad I got to play all three just before they sold the property.
All three courses were extreme in their own way.
Akita's was extremely steep
Ozark was extremely long
Spencer Davis was extremely difficult (at least for me).

And at points, all of them exhibit extreme elevation.

Gotta give a shout out to wellsbranch250...I had the privilege to play his private 9-hole course in Alabama this past April (and hopefully can make it back there this coming April) and it's basically on the side of a mountain. Was a challenging course but not terribly so. However, I swear you have to be part billy-goat to get your way around there. VERY steep compared to what I am used to. Very well done course IMHO and I love following his updates on Facebook. NOT cart friendly (not even big bag friendly) and certainly the most extreme 9-hole course that I've ever played.

Langley Pond outside of Aiken, SC, Jackson at the IDGC and Beaver Ranch in Conifer, CO are all worth the struggles.

Langley Pond outside of Aiken, SC, Jackson at the IDGC and Beaver Ranch in Conifer, CO are all worth the struggles.

i personally red that as another recommendation to play Beaver Ranch, having played the other two. My backyard course has some land similarities to both Langley and Jackson, although V-rock is shorter, only has dry creek beds and has more elevation.

I invite everyone to come and play North Boundary, outside of Pittsburgh. DGCR's SSE is 78 with the current basket positions, 80 at the long positions, for the par 71 gold tees.

There's a video on YouTube with a few 1010-1020 players who shot +1 and +2 - they estimated par at 1020.

My mediocre scores may not be the best comparison, but I shoot about +5 from Knob Hill's longest tees, +11 from Moraine's golds, and I'm happy to break 90 (+19) at NB's golds, currently playing 10,300'+.

No cliffs or climbing ropes, but 25% grades up and down, several valleys to cross, and lots of trees.

North Boundary is no joke, I played 11 holes there last July when it was brand new and simply walked the last 7 just to see it. So many uphill shots and walking uphill in between holes.

Probably Magic in that it's a pretty solid hike on the back 9 and has ridiculously scenic views.

Zephyr Cove near Lake Tahoe, Inverness in Birmingham, and Hornings Meadow course. 30% gradients, heavily wooded (Zephyr not so much, but 9000' elevation), relentless. I've had weary slogs on other courses, but those were due to rain.

Played my first H.B. Clark course last weekend in Madisonville KY called Mahr Champ... 10,000 ft of up and down... it was a blast. However as I grow older, age 58, I need to start planning better for a course this Extreme. Example...play on mild days... carry as little weight as possible... be in better disc golf shape... to name a few changes I need to make. It's been 7 days since I played this course and my body is still recovering. Mahr Champ is one badass course.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8359

Zephyr Cove near Lake Tahoe.

Have to agree here, this is the course that physically exhausted me the most. I think part of the challenge was just the surprise of it. Stopped by to play on a road trip and bag a course in Nevada. Left incredibly dusty and exhausted.

In a very different sense, I've had some combine physically and mentally exhausting rounds at Toboggan because its only open during the warmest/most humid months and you tend to get stuck in the sun waiting on backups in the back 9.

Latest posts