• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most EXTREME course you've ever played?

There is a course just outside of Bremerton Washington, on the road to Silverdale? Maybe NAD? Anyway, I played it about eight years ago. When I got there, it was roped off for munitions removal, someone had found a shell. I had come a good ways and, well, I played it anyway. Got to the end and the removal crew had arrived. They shook their heads and gave me the, "what a dumbass," look. I have to admit, I walked very gingerly and with much fear. Now, if I ever catch my sons doing something that stupid, I'm kicking some donkey.

LOL, yep, that was NAD Park. Don't know how many times I played it when suddenly they said there were possible unexploded munitions out there. We always thought it would be hilarious if one of our drives exploded on impact.

NAD= acronym for "Naval Ammunition Depot". No, it wasn't named after male genitals.

The course outside of Lindrith, New Mexico is my extreme submission. Partly in a Pinon Pine forest, partly in a canyon/badlands area. Way out in the middle of nothingness but a really cool way to spend a weekend camping and discing. I'm not sure it's still available it's been quite some time since I've played it.

Lindrith is alive and well! Played there a few weeks ago!

China Peak. Longest and hardest permanent course in California

I played China Peak (twice) last weekend. It is rugged Western disc golf at its finest. It is long, it is hard and it is extreme. Just not sure I would say it is the "most" extreme course I have played.

Still on my 2017 schedule:

Diamond X, Montana
Sugaree, North Carolina

^ I did that once! It was clumsy since I'm not a lefty, but still very cool. The tour guide at the Hard Rock vault in London was a nice dude.

Shoutout to Brickyard Bayou in Gulfport(i think it's closed now) on a floodplane in a area that was decimated by hurricane Katrina, and in a bad neighborhood. Also the IDGC because of the 5 venomous snakes I saw on the three courses.

The Brickyard in Menomonie can be pretty hardcore in the spring too, when it's really wet and partially flooded. Kensington Toboggan isn't dangerous per se, but it's a hardcore walk out there.

I haven't played a lot of the Ski Hills etc, but to me the most dangerous was a little 9 hole in Portland where I broke my wrist while planing in the rain.

One of the more extreme personal experiences I had was on CP Adams in Hastings, MN. The course itself isn't too extreme in normal conditions. 2 or 3 of the holes can get a little dicey, especially when you cover them in snow and ice, and then attempt to navigate on one leg (iWalk suspending the non weight bearing surgically repaired right foot). The walk down to hole 5 is pretty treacherous in said conditions, to add to the extremeness I aced that one, worth about $100. Then the walk down hole 11 fairway is pretty nuts. But the most extreme part was navigating back up hole 11 fairway. Those that had 2 working feet were struggling. I just took it slow, occasionally making backward progress, using my hands and grabbing whatever rocks and trees I could to pull myself forward. Solid day of golf made for a quite memorable experience.

One of the more extreme personal experiences I had was on CP Adams in Hastings, MN. The course itself isn't too extreme in normal conditions. 2 or 3 of the holes can get a little dicey, especially when you cover them in snow and ice, and then attempt to navigate on one leg (iWalk suspending the non weight bearing surgically repaired right foot). The walk down to hole 5 is pretty treacherous in said conditions, to add to the extremeness I aced that one, worth about $100. Then the walk down hole 11 fairway is pretty nuts. But the most extreme part was navigating back up hole 11 fairway. Those that had 2 working feet were struggling. I just took it slow, occasionally making backward progress, using my hands and grabbing whatever rocks and trees I could to pull myself forward. Solid day of golf made for a quite memorable experience.

I have played CP Adams (extinct layout) during an icy spring. Trying to get up the steep ice and mud covered slope of Hole 14 was nearly impossible. That was extreme for sure. There is no way I would have played that in your condition!

Latest posts