• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Holes Played in 24 Hours

How many holes have you played in 24 hours?

• Total voters
Donovan, do you know how many holes you played between 10am and sunset on the first day?

I kind-of hate that the "repeated holes" and "distinct holes" records are incongruent. That is, one is a 24-hour record, and the other is an "in one day (during daylight)" record. Oh well.

Repeated Holes:

Most holes in one 24-hour period: 1002 by Donovan Baker, at Tommy and Sue Brown Park, North Richland Hills, TX; June 24-25 2010.

Most holes in one day, during daylight(footnote 3) hours: Unknown. Either 504 by Rodney Gardner, or some fraction of 833 by Dann Schultz and DL Redman.

Different Holes:

Most DIFFERENT holes in one 24-hour period: no known record (footnote 2)

Most DIFFERENT holes in one day, during daylight hours: 380 by Alan Hansen Begg in Minnesota (footnote 4)

Footnotes:

(1) For the old 24-hour record of 833 holes in 24 hours, it is not known how many were done during daylight. Donovan Baker completed 444 holes during daylight hours in one calendar date.

(2) By default, Alan Hansen Begg also owns the 24-hour record, even though he did all his during daylight.

(3) "daylight" is a little unclear, but it seems like any claims within officially published Civil Twighlight hours would be recognized

(4) To my knowledge, Alan Hansen Begg did NOT use any short/long tee variants to achieve his record. That is, he DIDN'T play 2 rounds at a single course with 1 round from the longs and 1 round from the shorts, and count it as 36 different holes.

Last edited:
grodney, I can check.

Sunset was officially 8:41 pm.
Making sure I stay short of that time, I for sure only had 450 before 8:40 completed.

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH, DO NOT LOOK AT THESE PICS!

If you want to see how bad my feet got.....click here to my DGCR Photo Album.

I will adding playing photos later.

Just out of curiosity Donovan, what kind of socks and shoes were you wearing, and how often were you changing them?

Donovan,

I don't know how you're getting on the internet right now, but I hope you've seen the "New World Record" thread that's dedicated to your feat. That would be the best place for you to post more information related to your shiny new record.

Just out of curiosity Donovan, what kind of socks and shoes were you wearing, and how often were you changing them?

This was obviously due to the heat. I was wearing 2 pairs of shoes I always play in. New Balance and Asics Trail Runners. They never did this to me before and I have played in them well over 14 hours before in the hot sun. But just not dead straight through. I was wearing the thick bottomed wick away socks.

I was as shocked as anyone. I have played through wet feet from plowing through a creek and all before and never had this happen. I ca only think that just non-stop walking and sweating was too much. I changed socks 4 times in the first 6 hours and changed shoes 3 times. Once the 6th hour mark hit, I said screw it! I am not taking them off again or I won't be able to get my shoes back on. So, that was the result.

Donovan,

I don't know how you're getting on the internet right now, but I hope you've seen the "New World Record" thread that's dedicated to your feat. That would be the best place for you to post more information related to your shiny new record.

I got a little laptop above my head in bed. Thanks man, that is so cool! I will go check it out!

Awesome job!! I just watched the news clip... I like how you had everything set up for easy play. Congrats on the record, Donovan!