• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Holes played in a day

One of the things that should be taken into account is the difficulty of the courses -- playing 100+ holes at somewhere like Renny Gold is very different than playing 100+ holes at your neighborhood pitch-n-putt.

Friends and I have frequently played 100-200 holes in a day on medium-distance/challenge courses. But none of those hurt nearly as much as playing less holes on harder courses.

Not long after ACL surgery (while I was still in physical therapy), I was out in a full knee brace and hiking boots at Lestor Lorch Park (Cedar Hills, TX), where they've got two full 18-hole courses. My brother and I made it through four full rounds of 36 holes, plus a few extras to push us over the 150 mark... that was the most tired/sore I've ever been after a day of disc golf.

There is a totally different mental game required to play well over the long-haul at some really intense, high-penalty, championship courses. I would love to hear stories of most holes played at courses with lots of elevation change, rocks, thorns, etc, and SSAs in the mid-60s or higher.

Probably the best I've done in that regard is 4 rounds in one day at Paw Paw... which will knock you on your @$$. Hoping to get out there someday with a friend of mine for a marathon challenge and see how many rounds are really possible. I'm betting 6 is doable, but to do that you'd have to start early, and leave the beer in the car until the last round.

The benchmark for my Brother in law and me usual day and a half disc golf weekend adventure is for at least 100 holes. I been looking at the NC Great 8 event and thinking this event would be worthy adventure for this pair of 50 plus year old guys. 100 holes over the weekend and I'm throwing on Monday.

Last edited:
Most I ever played was 90 in a day on two courses. Not pitch and putts, but not gold level either.

Played 36 the next day, by then I was really beat and had to take a few days off. But, in my defense, i'm 55!

I'm at 108 over 6 courses. My wife and daughter were out of town so I went to Douglasville, GA to play the three courses there. Was done by 2 was played Frog Rock in Australia, White Oak in Dallas and Oregon Park as the sun was setting.

If I hadn't run out of new courses to play, I'd have done anothe one.

Latest posts