• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Most over stable disc

This is what I have found from each company;

Innova-Viper, Firebird, Ape
Discraft- Flick, Nuke OS
Gateway- Speed Demon, Spirit
Prodigy- H1, X1
DD-Enforcer
Lat64-XXX, Stiletto
Westside- Giant
Kastaplast- Rask
Daredevil-Sabertooth

A few others, but those are a good start.

That is sooooo real! I have a noob buddy who cycles z nuke OS's. After a month or two they aren't overstable enough to flex out of his full power sidearm annie drives, so he buys a new one. His max distance is under 300

Haha my brother can pretty much do the same thing when he throws his 175g Z line nuke OS can make it go side ways the entire time and fade out right at the very end with a side arm throw. Its crazy, I can only do that with a regular nuke :(.

This is what I have found from each company;

Innova-Viper, Firebird, Ape
Discraft- Flick, Nuke OS
Gateway- Speed Demon, Spirit
Prodigy- H1, X1
DD-Enforcer
Lat64-XXX, Stiletto
Westside- Giant
Kastaplast- Rask
Daredevil-Sabertooth

A few others, but those are a good start.

That is very helpful! Thank you very much. I am surprised I do not see more posts about Innova Max though. I have a Firebird and Ape and both of them do not feel any where near as much as my Max :/. But those 2 are still very stable. Going to be checking out that Spirit soon a lot of recommendations.

I haven't thrown regular star maxes that much but the metal flake champ max is some ridiculously stoney stuff, most OS in my experience. Flat high-PLH stiletto (although tends to lose stability very quickly), flat firebird and flicks are good runners-up

That is very helpful! Thank you very much. I am surprised I do not see more posts about Innova Max though. I have a Firebird and Ape and both of them do not feel any where near as much as my Max :/. But those 2 are still very stable. Going to be checking out that Spirit soon a lot of recommendations.

Ah, yes the Max is very Overstable. Monster too, but they Max is OOP so I didn't include it.

I haven't thrown regular star maxes that much but the metal flake champ max is some ridiculously stoney stuff, most OS in my experience. Flat high-PLH stiletto (although tends to lose stability very quickly), flat firebird and flicks are good runners-up

Yeah a stiletto I had in my bag lost its overstability after about 2 months of throwing it, was probably the first disc I ever purchased in person, it holds a very special spot in my heart. It and the Nuke from discraft are probably the 2 most discs I have control to the point where I can easily approach with them from a good 100+ feet and land under the pin or even hit chains.

100 feet approaches with a Nuke sounds crazy. Skip to the chains?

Whatever works for you as always, but I think most people would just float a putter up there and have it sit down.

I own a Spirit and a first run Rask. The first run Rask was more OS than the Spirit when new. Part of this is probably that the Rask so such a fast disc for its wing size, Marshall Street claimed one needed 500 ft on power to throw it.
The current runs have been retooled and are less OS from reports.
Speaking if this, does anyone know where any first runs are still hiding? I need some backups.

MVP Phase is fairly ridiculous. I threw a 171g on a skip shot, the only round I had it in my bag, it was so OS that it landed upside down...

Spirits are almost unthrowable, even in ultra light weights.

I agree. My Rask(first run )was unthrowable and my 129g Spirit was almost. I used the Rask to troll arrogant d-bags on the course and the Spirit for skip shots....until I figured out how well both worked for Thumbers.

Thumbers and forehand rollers are the reasons either go in my bag now.

Spirits are ridiculous. Not worth it unless you have an ape arm. Fun to watch people who can actually throw it tho.
XXX is probably the most OS while still being useable.

100 feet approaches with a Nuke sounds crazy. Skip to the chains?

Whatever works for you as always, but I think most people would just float a putter up there and have it sit down.

I forget which tourney it was, but McBeth threw a Firebird upside down from ~100' out this summer to park a basket going under a ton of brush. Pretty epic shot.

I forget which tourney it was, but McBeth threw a Firebird upside down from ~100' out this summer to park a basket going under a ton of brush. Pretty epic shot.

Sure, Ive thrown my fair share of ridiculous upshots with a FAF firebirds. No way am I using that to approach wide open though. (even if it is super windy, then I might go Premium Jokeri which I consider to be the firebird of putters)

I have a 160 Tachyon 4.1 LF that is squally OS to Justice and more so than a Firebird.
The Tachyon LF 4.1 run was really beefy. They were Metalhead Viper overstable. The Ram was another stupid overstable disc for that timeframe. Lightning also had a disc I couldn't throw; I think it was the F-18 Hornet.

I have a OOP Discraft Elite-Z Xtreme. That's silly OS. Even more OS than a Flick.
This is my vote. The Z Xtreme was 100% all beef. The Spirit is stoopid, but I can't throw a disc that fast so I really can't tell how overstable it realy is. The Z Xtreme isn't that fast. I should have been able to throw it, but it went nowhere (unless waaayyy off to the left counts as somewhere.)

The Spirit is stoopid, but I can't throw a disc that fast so I really can't tell how overstable it realy is.

OK, valid. When I ordered my FR Rask, Marshell Street did say it was so fast that no-one there could throw it, nor could anyone here. While it was still fresh, I would have loved to have seen Will or Garrett throw it.

It's hard comparing over stability across speeds. The Spirit is at the top of my power...maybe a bit beyond, so I will back off it as well.

So discs I know I have enough power to throw, either a puddle top Ti Drone or the Blaze. Both, for their speed, are more OS than a Firebird.