• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Overstable Discs?

Spirit for most overstable that is still in production. Z Xtreme for most overstable but is OOP. The flick is high speed stable (0), not overstable, when new. It will turn over pretty easily once it's beat in.

Really though, just buy a new predator. It's called cycling out plastic.

Also, to all those saying monster. Champion plastic is the X mold, Star plastic is the L mold. Champion for most overstable of those (still not anything close to the spirit or Xtreme)

Depending on how fast / far you want the disc to be...
...in ascending order of speed.

FLX Drone
CFR Viper
Z Xtreme
Z Flick
"tuned" Epic*

* ridiculously turning / bending up the edges (when the disc is rightupside)

Or just kind of look at the Marshall Street flight guide.

Karl

Spirit for most overstable that is still in production. Z Xtreme for most overstable but is OOP. The flick is high speed stable (0), not overstable, when new. It will turn over pretty easily once it's beat in.

Really though, just buy a new predator. It's called cycling out plastic.

Also, to all those saying monster. Champion plastic is the X mold, Star plastic is the L mold. Champion for most overstable of those (still not anything close to the spirit or Xtreme)

this ^^^

If you want truly overstable rather than just speed stable I think you want to be looking at the XXX

the XXX is available in premium plastics

the Spirit is crazy overstable also...but Gateway plastic which isn't the greatest

Z or ESP Drone
Whippet or a Trident with a mild dome (these are apparently very stable and more so than their flat counterparts)
Firebird or XXX

I think would be good choices for a truly overstable disc going from Mid to Fairway to Distance

yea no kidding. i threw a couple of the AO champ glo whippets and they are PIGS. I think the only way I could throw one more than 250' is to roll it.

Hey, those are my pigs you are talking about.

I carry a cfr whippet x, kc pro whippet (a touch less overstable with a little more glide) and a champ fb. Also the xcalbier is a good long distance overstable driver without being stupid.

Also I have found that on windy days I throw new champion versions of my regular discs. This is enough most of the time to compensate for the effects of wind. I threw my highest rated round yet using a champ starfire for almost all my upshots in the wind. That disc is money in the wind.

the most over stable are
Discraft - Flick, Extreme(oop), Z drone (limited edition)
Innova - Max, whippet x, gator
Lat 64 - XXX

the most stable would be the XXX or the discraft extreme, they won't turn unless you do it manually.

Speed with some glide- Monster

Speed with glide/ more skip- Star Boss

I have tried other discs stated, but if the disc's diameter isn't small like Innova, I wouldn't mess with it. Wider discs are generally less stable.

Personally I keep a Z - force, 2 Champion FB, and 2 Hornets (2010 ace race).

yea no kidding. i threw a couple of the AO champ glo whippets and they are PIGS. I think the only way I could throw one more than 250' is to roll it.

exactly. That thing goes maybe 80ft and takes an immediate left. skipps like 50ft and buzz saws the ground.

I want to find something so overstable it will just beat in to less overstable, not stable.

Careful with this logic...I had discs that were super overstable...then I realized that they never would beat in because I never threw them...because they were super overstable.

I find more use now for a new S-PD as a moderately overstable driver. Or even a C-PD.

I have a Firebird: I use it for OH, some FH, and other beat-the-crap-out-of-the-disc shots, including raging-mad-frustration-slams....it hasn't budged on stability in 6 months.

Not sure of how you plan to throw it or what your power range is, but keep it in mind...actually, a Predator is very usable out of the box.

z flick is the most over stable thing I've ever thrown, its incredible. More overstable than a firebird, force, drone, its crazy. lay off of it when trying to make short curves and it will meathook like you wouldn't believe. I love it.