• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Most overstable driver you've ever thrown

I got a Z Flick back in the day that was wicked. The parting line was so high that the top of the wing was flush with the flight plate; the whole diameter of the disc was board flat on top. I had a number of Champ Firebirds in the bag (back when FAF 11x was regular stock) but that Flick made them all seem pretty tame in comparison.

That Flick was unworkable for me, even back in my days of misguided torque usage. I lost it after a few rounds and didn't even mind.

That flick sounds like a thumber bomber!

Flicks can vary in stability as all the ones that I've thrown recently were not much more OS than a FB or Felon.

I think that this could be narrowed down to 10 drivers and 5 shorter range discs as THE MOST OS. Would be a fun poll. But it depends on what people have thrown, I've never thrown a Spirit, but i hear they are OS as heck.
I still say Z FLICK and Lucid JUSTICE as most OS I've used. I bag a Stiletto and a FAF Firebird, but Flick beats all

I got a Z Flick back in the day that was wicked. The parting line was so high that the top of the wing was flush with the flight plate; the whole diameter of the disc was board flat on top.

Kind of early on in playing, I had a FAF Firebird that was just like this. I had no business trying to throw that thing at that point.

Wound up in a watery grave before it's time, unfortunately.

I'd forgotten about that guy, but it may have been the most OS I've thrown.

A buddy found a pink 4x mcbeth destroyer right in the middle of the fairway. There is no way the person didn't see it. All dirt fairway, bright pink disc. The obviously got pissed at it and left it. Holy hell, is it OS.

My champ XXL destroyer is the most beef I currently own. Once it beats in it will be close to perfection. It'll be a few seasons.

Some star monsters prob take the spot though. They taught me how to use alllll my arm.

A buddy found a pink 4x mcbeth destroyer right in the middle of the fairway. There is no way the person didn't see it. All dirt fairway, bright pink disc. The obviously got pissed at it and left it. Holy hell, is it OS.

Yeah, I'm convinced there's something wrong with that mold. I found a pink McBeth Destroyer on the course too and its borderline unthrowable. More stable than my champion Xcal.

I MUUUUCCCHHHH prefer earlier runs of Destroyers. These new ones are way overstable.

Recent runs of Grooves have been massively overstable too.

Yeah, I'm convinced there's something wrong with that mold. I found a pink McBeth Destroyer on the course too and its borderline unthrowable. More stable than my champion Xcal.

I MUUUUCCCHHHH prefer earlier runs of Destroyers. These new ones are way overstable.

Recent runs of Grooves have been massively overstable too.

agree on all accounts.
My buddy bought a champ groove from a bookstore and we went out to play that day, I couldn't get any sort of turn whatsoever from that sucker. I wouldn't say it was massively OS but definitely not -2,2. He lost it and bought a 4x Destroyer with similar results, it was a beefcake. I'm pretty sure he quit buying discs at that point.

agree on all accounts.
My buddy bought a champ groove from a bookstore and we went out to play that day, I couldn't get any sort of turn whatsoever from that sucker. I wouldn't say it was massively OS but definitely not -2,2. He lost it and bought a 4x Destroyer with similar results, it was a beefcake. I'm pretty sure he quit buying discs at that point.

Sure will suck the fun out of the game in a hurry. I have no idea what the point is of publishing the flight numbers on the disc if they aren't even going to be close to how the disc actually flies.

I don't think a Groove or Destroyer are discs any new player ought to throw, but they AREN'T EVEN CLOSE to the published flight numbers.

I've had a Flick in the bag for years too, and I love it. It's fairly severely overstable, but not even close to the most stable thing I've thrown. It lacks glide badly, but I can still muscle it out 330' or so. Very good for short, accurate drives. Just lay it out hard and right of the hole and watch it arc in with a heavy fade.

I carry the Flick and Champion XCal in the bag. I like them both equally. The Xcal is maybe a hair less stable and has far better glide. It can be pushed out to 350'.

The Xcal combines overstability with usefulness. It can be finessed or muscled. Very predictable late fade though. I like it better than I ever liked the Max or Monster.

I had a Star Xcal for quite awhile. Agree completely with your description with slightly less distance. The Xcal was great into the wind as well. Not sure why I took it out of the bag. But I think it's time to put the Xcal back in the bag.

Most overstable I have ever thrown was a champ Ape. I'm a noodle arm, so lots of things look overstable to me, but this was on a whole other level.

FAF Opto Stiletto is the most OS disc I have ever messed with. I'm pretty sure it would have flexed out of a FH roller throw.

Still want a Stego.

The guy who cut me off today, he was really overstable -- quite a tombstone when he finally landed.

Champion plastic Banshee!

For a speed 7, it was nothing but a meathook in all cases. It's at the bottom of a pond now :(

MVP Energy and Gateway Spirit. The Energy absolutely bombs on a high flex line, but trying to rip it low and flat its another story :D