• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Most overstable drivers+xXx vs. Firebird vs. Trident

This is a two part thread guys. The first part discussing the most overstable drivers out there based on your experience. The second part discussing xXx vs. Firebird vs. Trident.

The 12x FAF Firebirds are definitely the most meathookey discs I've ever thrown. But my factory store Champ Viper is damn overstable too.

I wouldn't put a Prometheus anywhere close to a Firebird or any of those in stability. My Prometheus' are easy to throw and hold on an anhyzer line, can't do that with a Firebird...
My FR Prometheus is a glideless meat-hooky POS. Bar none the worst disc I've ever thrown, and utterly useless.

The XXX is the second most beefy disc in my bag. It doesn't get used often anymore as I'm using the Resistor for the OS fairway slot.

I have not thrown a Trident, but the GL XXX is significantly more OS than my Star Firebird.

The Prometheus is not an overstable disc lol.

Once they beat-in the disc actually has a ton of turn. @1:50 you see the anhyzer not even flex out at all.

Last edited:
I carry a zone, a FAF firebird, and a villian.
The Firebird flys such a short distance for me, that I use it like a midrange.
I used to carry a * Whippet X in that slot, but the Firebird is way more OS.
Then the villian is my OS driver because at 350' of power it's pretty beefy ( but will at least fly somewhere)

NukeOS is stupid overstable. Its a worthless disc in my bag, so I don't carry it. Firebird on the other hand is a great forehand skip trick shot utility disc.

Stiletto is the bunny here. That thing is super beefy, very fast, and will not turn over.

Not a lot of glide either, once it runs out of steam it dumps hard and stops.

Great flex bomb disc.

Anybody try the new C-LINE PD2's? they have been described as "the devourer of worlds" it's up there with the best of them. I think way more overstable than all of these three.

to answer the question. the FAF firebirds are the most overstable of the three in the question.

FAF Firebird. PD2 Topped destroyers. Champ Pigs. Stiletto. Lavender D1's. Z Xtreme.

My buddy has a Nuke OS that's been around for years and it puts my month-old FAF Firebird to shame.
Dude works some dirty lines in the woods with that thing.

A FAF Firebird is the most OS disc I have thrown. A XXX is comparable, but the FB is the original. I find the Firebird to be extremely predictable, and it also powers down well and ages very well.

Latest posts