• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

Going on a limb & say DX Teebird. I KNOW there are plenty of people on here that praise its greatness, but even after I throw a well seasoned one dead straight down the fairway I have guys that chuckle when they see I threw a DX disc. I think DX in general gets a bad rap because "better" players think it's beginner plastic. Just my noob opinion!!

10 Meter Brick

a close second being the pop top gumibear nippled 100 Meter Laser

I'm going to agree with Curveball. DX plastic is underrated, and even I don't quite appreciate it. Taking some longer drivers in DX is fantastic, especially without a lot of trees in the way. My vote goes to the DX Destroyer.

And the Groove... ;)

Viking, Duh.

BTW, why the F dont they make a star viking. Innova has made every disc they make in star, why not the vike?

Latitude Core. Feels like a Buzzz in the hand, but glides much better. Buzzz has a little more stability, but they are fairly comparable discs. Buzzz is universally loved and respected, but Core is a distant after thought to most players. Core may not be the best disc, but it is a very good straight mid.

Innova Monarch. Favorite roller disc and like it more than the Avenger SS that I used to use for long anhyzers. Another is the Ringer. Think it is the best driving, and even love putting with it also. Kicked all the wizards out of my bag which I have had since I started!

ESP Wasp. OOP now but you can rip on it a bit and it won't turnover. The flight reminds me of a Z Buzzz with more fade at the end of it's flight.

I'm going to agree with Curveball. DX plastic is underrated, and even I don't quite appreciate it. Taking some longer drivers in DX is fantastic, especially without a lot of trees in the way. My vote goes to the DX Destroyer.

I have to second this vote. DX Destroyers bomb, a ton of glide and will eventually turn into a great turnover distance driver.

Innova Monarch. Favorite roller disc and like it more than the Avenger SS that I used to use for long anhyzers. Another is the Ringer. Think it is the best driving, and even love putting with it also. Kicked all the wizards out of my bag which I have had since I started!

My friend/doubles partner swears by his Ringer, so I'll agree with that.

Impact. I know very few people that throw it, but I love it for nice glidey (I know that's not a word) approaches. Tons of glide and nice soft landing.

Whippets

While it gets some board love, I still get scuffs and 'whys?' when I pull it out at tourneys for all of my open/hyzer shots under 280'. Yet I still end up within 20' more often than not regardless of what the wind is doing.

Whippet-X > Drone/Gator

The Pulse!!! Everybody say's that it sucks, but they fly so nice for me BH or FH.
I throw a first run that is money.

Aurora MS. Arguably the best if not one of the best, truest flying mids around.