• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Unique baskets/targets you have putted into

Course at Round Peak Vineyards, NW North Carolina.
4fceccdbc43f4210f980ad5880beacaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Totally love the bike rim / wine cask combo!

Krops

Krop's Crops in Virginia had a variety of strange homemade baskets. I see someone recently marked it unplayable (no explanation) and also someone updated it to say all baskets were now tire bottoms. When I played it (years ago), one basket was a dishrack. The last hole was the unique one where you had a large plastic funnel (like the gramopohone pictures of RCA) that you had to throw through (mando) to hit the chains. Short hole so of course we had our throws bounce off the edge of the funnel for easy 2s.

Krop's Crops in Virginia had a variety of strange homemade baskets. I see someone recently marked it unplayable (no explanation) and also someone updated it to say all baskets were now tire bottoms. When I played it (years ago), one basket was a dishrack. The last hole was the unique one where you had a large plastic funnel (like the gramopohone pictures of RCA) that you had to throw through (mando) to hit the chains. Short hole so of course we had our throws bounce off the edge of the funnel for easy 2s.

So tires off the wheel for baskets and the tops are something else? That would be cool seeing how most of the modern car/vehicle tires are 14-16 inches diameter so a more standard size unless a fancy car with the exception of extra low profile tire with the big wheels.

Too bee is no bargain either,when it involves yellow jackets...

We did have the Basket of Doom at the DeBell Weekly, but now its the Fist of Doom. The basket is whatever you care to use, so it's mostly aesthetic, but it can increase the chance of roll-aways. Created by Duncan C. aka Skullboy: https://skulboy.storenvy.com/

Attachments

• Basket of Doom.jpg
    Basket of Doom.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Fist of Doom.jpg
    Fist of Doom.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 67
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=7663&mode=media#

The original homemade tire baskets at bootleggers cove were quite fantastic actually. I'm sad they added longer pin positions with "normal" baskets actually. A lot of charm was found in the original layout with those baskets.

I remember seeing pix of those at some point in my DGCR past. There's a fine line between being charming and just being wonky. Those look look like they have more wonk than charm... but that's just the opinion of someone who's never played the course.

I suppose in the right setting, if they seem to fit with other features of the course, my opinion might differ.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=7663&mode=media#

The original homemade tire baskets at bootleggers cove were quite fantastic actually. I'm sad they added longer pin positions with "normal" baskets actually. A lot of charm was found in the original layout with those baskets.

Well in the 2010's it seems more and more brands are making under $100 in the USA Baskets one can buy off Amazon and other places that have the larger modern bottom disc cage , that can take the second set of inner chains as well for a $130-150 basket , then for better quality there is the $180 Grow the Sport basket 2 from Disc Store.

Bootlegger's Cave DG Course

9cAmyFB.jpg

I do like seeing tires used for disc golf basket components as they are more uniform then other low cost homemade baskets to be more to what a basket is like. It nice to see a tire that can't get the retread to be used for something rather then get to sit forever in a landfill to turn back to Petroleum.

I do like seeing tires used for disc golf basket components as they are more uniform then other low cost homemade baskets to be more to what a basket is like. It nice to see a tire that can't get the retread to be used for something rather then get to sit forever in a landfill to turn back to Petroleum.
Considering all the different sizes tires come in, I wouldn't quite say they're uniform.
Tire diameter and tread width can vary greatly, not to mention rim width and sidewall dimensions.
Hopefully, all the baskets on this course use the same size tires... but that's certainly not guaranteed.

Latest posts