• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unique holes played in one day

Congratulations Mr. Butlertron, you now hold the record for most unique holes played in FL. Welcome to the club. I pity the fool that tries to go after you to break that record.

Technically, it was while visiting Atlanta. I still have waking nightmares.

I've played the Great 8 "Disc Golf Iron Man" tournament in NC twice. You play 8 different courses, 144 holes.

I once played 99 holes in one day last year. My enjoyment dropped significantly after the 3rd course. Anything above that sounds like a serious grind. I pitty the fool(s) that currently hold the record

Funny, my personal most in a day is also 99. I pondered throwing one last hole at my local course on the way back... but after a 3 hour car ride, i drove right on by.

we have a local event called the Paradise 54: 3 courses in a single day. I played it once, and will never do it again. My enjoyment of disc golf vanished soon into the 3rd course. It was just a matter of finishing at that point, but there was no fun in it.

In June '18, in a 27-hour stretch (1pm Saturday to 4 pm Sunday), I played close to 180 holes in six different states: Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Part of a 50-hour, 1100 mile, 13 course trip. All that said, I still looked at the lost time sitting in traffic, sleeping in until 5:30, and not playing until total darkness as lost opportunities to squeeze in 3-4 more courses.

Some of these numbers in this thread are just amazing! My son and I did a 90 hole day a couple summers ago (5 different courses in and around Des Moines, IA). My shoulder told me the next day we possibly played one course too many, but I will gladly trade a sore shoulder any day for a fun day playing disc golf with my son.

Some of these numbers in this thread are just amazing! My son and I did a 90 hole day a couple summers ago (5 different courses in and around Des Moines, IA). My shoulder told me the next day we possibly played one course too many, but I will gladly trade a sore shoulder any day for a fun day playing disc golf with my son.

Amen! Even though the Great 8 (8 courses, 144 holes) nearly killed me, playing it with my son is a memory I'll enjoy forever!

I had planned to up my previous record of 223 this year around solstice time as there are a lot more tracks in the ground now than there were when I did it. Unfortunately, the weather, too many other duties beckoning, and just a lack of passion made that a no go. I'm not sure I could stomach 54 holes anymore let alone five times that many.

Maybe next year.

Necro bump rather than start a new thread.

Wow, some of these runs are insane. I recently played 70 unique (plus a few repeats) near STL (Endicott, Hudson, Dunegant, Carrollton) in a morning/afternoon, and I was COOKED. I'm getting to where anything less than 36 on a disc golfing day is not enough, but my back and shoulder try to quit around 45.

My 99 day is planned already - Endicott, Hudson, Dunegant, Sioux Passage, Briscoe, then a final 9 at Carrollton. But that will take some time to prepare lol.

I once played 99 holes in one day last year. My enjoyment dropped significantly after the 3rd course. Anything above that sounds like a serious grind. I pitty the fool(s) that currently hold the record

I know this is old, but since I play ATL courses all the time do you mind saying which they were?

My record is 108 and I played; Boundary Waters 1, Hunter, Deer Lick, Frog Rock, White Oak, and Oregon Park. Didn't really set out to do it, bu it was a long summer day and I had no plans(wife was out of town).

Wondering if we had overlap.

Necro bump rather than start a new thread.

Wow, some of these runs are insane. I recently played 70 unique (plus a few repeats) near STL (Endicott, Hudson, Dunegant, Carrollton) in a morning/afternoon, and I was COOKED. I'm getting to where anything less than 36 on a disc golfing day is not enough, but my back and shoulder try to quit around 45.

My 99 day is planned already - Endicott, Hudson, Dunegant, Sioux Passage, Briscoe, then a final 9 at Carrollton. But that will take some time to prepare lol.

Good luck man, on days I play more than 72 its a grind. Always fun though.

My record is 101 unique holes in one day. During summer 2019.

18 at Crockett Park (Brentwood, Tenn.)
9 at Fellowship Bible Church (Brentwood, Tenn.)
10 at Liberty Park (Franklin, Tenn.)
9 at Common Ground (Murfreesboro, Tenn.)
18 at Barfield Crescent (Murfreesboro, Tenn.)
18 at HV Griffin (Shelbyville, Tenn.)
19 at Winchester City Park (Winchester, Tenn.)

I think it is time to give this a try this year. I have a road trip to Highbridge this June, but I do not think there is enough holes out there to get a record, unless you are willing to count the mashed together courses unique holes. If not, maybe sometime during the week after when I still have plenty of daylight.

I think it is time to give this a try this year. I have a road trip to Highbridge this June, but I do not think there is enough holes out there to get a record, unless you are willing to count the mashed together courses unique holes. If not, maybe sometime during the week after when I still have plenty of daylight.

I dont know how many holes are on Chestnut now, but if it's 9 holes, that'd be 99 holes. That would be almost superhuman to play everything up there in a day though. I'd be dead the next day.

Look up how to get ready for a marathon that's three months away and do it.

Look up how to get ready for a marathon that's three months away and do it.

You and I talked a few times about setting up such a day in the Twin Cities. Not making too light of the current pandemic situation, but if this all carries over into May or June, traffic may actually be light enough to pull this off. That is assuming that a few of the courses would not be off limits.

I dont know how many holes are on Chestnut now, but if it's 9 holes, that'd be 99 holes. That would be almost superhuman to play everything up there in a day though. I'd be dead the next day.

On our trip, at best we may play one round on Sunday before caravanning back home. If there was a day to do it, it would be Saturday. The again, playing with others would only slow you down. It needs to be a solo effort, and the whole point of a road trip is to play with others.

However, if I did attempt such an endeavor, I would pack a couple of EMac Truths to stay in the fairway and a couple of Marshalls to keep the approaches near the basket. I would have back-ups stashed to replenish between rounds in case I had to leave one or two behind.

Prep work and logistics would be the hardest thing to do. Would need to have water with but also have water and snacks at the pre-determined locations so I do not have much down time between rounds.

You and I talked a few times about setting up such a day in the Twin Cities. Not making too light of the current pandemic situation, but if this all carries over into May or June, traffic may actually be light enough to pull this off. That is assuming that a few of the courses would not be off limits.

Going for 500+?

Any given number of holes would certainly be a lot easier to achieve in the Cities than at Highbridge. Highbridge is all hills, all big, and no break from driving between courses.

The only time I ever played so much in one day I couldn't play anymore was at Highbridge. It was not an impressive number of holes. (Unless measured by quantity of throws, maybe.) There was plenty of daylight left.

Going for 500+?

Any given number of holes would certainly be a lot easier to achieve in the Cities than at Highbridge. Highbridge is all hills, all big, and no break from driving between courses.

The only time I ever played so much in one day I couldn't play anymore was at Highbridge. It was not an impressive number of holes. (Unless measured by quantity of throws, maybe.) There was plenty of daylight left.

If I did anything at Highbridge noteworthy, it would be closer to saying, "look, I played all the holes they have in one day." However, if I was going strictly for numbers, I would definitely be better served staying closer to home.

Last time we talked, I believed we said the best place to start was Kaposia, Hole 10. But that included hitting up HSSA and Bryant as I swung northward on the 694/494 loop, but Bryant is not going to be open until, what?, August?

Would starting at Oakwood, swing up to The Valley, Kaposia, then Lakewood work? That gets me on the northside. Originally I was going to bypass BRP simply because of the drive and lack of options once I leave, but in the same breath, if BRP is not busy (assuming noonish on a weekday), I have played the full 27 in 50 minutes before.

If I did anything at Highbridge noteworthy, it would be closer to saying, "look, I played all the holes they have in one day." However, if I was going strictly for numbers, I would definitely be better served staying closer to home.

Last time we talked, I believed we said the best place to start was Kaposia, Hole 10. But that included hitting up HSSA and Bryant as I swung northward on the 694/494 loop, but Bryant is not going to be open until, what?, August?

Would starting at Oakwood, swing up to The Valley, Kaposia, then Lakewood work? That gets me on the northside. Originally I was going to bypass BRP simply because of the drive and lack of options once I leave, but in the same breath, if BRP is not busy (assuming noonish on a weekday), I have played the full 27 in 50 minutes before.

Best place to start depends on how many you are shooting for. Actually, Kaposia to Lakewood is one of the longest drives between courses on most optimal paths. A whopping 17 minute drive.