• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mounting discs on the ceiling?

ballardthedome

Par Member
Hello DGCR! My wife and I just moved to a new property in Leaburg, OR. There is a large room above the garage that I'm using for my office and man-cave. The room has a peaked roof, so the best place for me to display some of my collectable discs would be on the ceiling, which is at about a 45 degree angle.

Does anyone know of an easy way to mount a disc to a 45 degree angled celing?

Any ideas appreciated, thanks!

BDA

Hello DGCR! My wife and I just moved to a new property in Leaburg, OR. There is a large room above the garage that I'm using for my office and man-cave. The room has a peaked roof, so the best place for me to display some of my collectable discs would be on the ceiling, which is at about a 45 degree angle.

BDA

I do not. However, the term your looking for to describe your ceiling is a 12 Pitch Vaulted Ceiling. I'm sure that doesnt help your quest.

...3 or 4 thumbtacks around the edge might work? Or, you could just rip a huge hyzer right in the middle of your office and leave it sticking straight out of the drywall. :thmbup:

Another option would be to get some 2x2's, get one ripped with a miter saw to create 2 triangular pieces. Nail triangle to 2x2 nail assembly to wall. The triangle should now be a vertical face you can put nails in to hang your discs.

create a rail with 2 1x1s. router one side of each and nail them up parallel a disc length apart with the routered part against the ceiling then slide discs in there

BDA

Go to your local Lowe's/Home Depot, I'm sure you can find some kind of clip/bracket to suit your needs.

Good ideas so far, thanks guys. My favorite is Rom's suggestion of ripping a huge throw inside and letting it stick in the ceiling. :D

I'll definitely take a walk thru Home Depot soon and see if I can find anything that would work.

Was hoping someone on here had actually done this before and found a good working solution (maybe there still is that someone out there that hasn't seen this yet).

bda

something like this could work...

th

but the angle would need to be different.

Last edited:
Geez, it ridiculous how many kinds of mounting bracket/clips/pins there are, lol. Was looking for something like the removable clip on the back of a Stanley tape measure but couldn't find anything.

Ahh, something like this maybe?..

th

Looks like its springy anyway...Though you might want something plastic for really nice discs...

Last edited:
Two flathead screws into the ceiling so that the distance from the outside of one head to the outside of the other head is a couple of mms longer than the inside diameter of your disc. Heads should stick out of the ceiling less than the depth of the rim. Place the disc over one screw, then gently stretch the disc over the other screw, so that the tension of the (slightly) stretched disc holds it to the ceiling.

I wrote this in unemotional statements to make it seem like I know what I'm talking about, or have done this before. I haven't. I have no idea if this would work, or if it would just mess up your discs and they would all fall off the ceiling the first time the door is shut, causing you to raise your arms in the air and scream my name while you are showered in forever slightly-stretched discs.

Good luck.

Geez, it ridiculous how many kinds of mounting bracket/clips/pins there are, lol. Was looking for something like the removable clip on the back of a Stanley tape measure but couldn't find anything.

Ahh, something like this maybe?..

th

Looks like its springy anyway...Though you might want something plastic for really nice discs...

I have a bunch of things like that from a picture mounting kit that are thin brass. You could easily bend one to hold a disc.

The ceiling seems too far away, unless your friends have telescopic vision (or you have a low ceiling) (or you have reaaaallly tall friends?).
IMO ceilings are for flags or posters (& cobwebs). I have nothing worth displaying but I feel like if I did, I'd want them where people could read them.

I think I'd just put a couple drywall screws around the disc.

Velcro applied to opposite sides of a small square of half inch thick foam.
A small tab of Velcro stuck to wall. A small tab of Velcro stuck to back of disc.
Hobby Lobby.

2:00 AM insomniac solution.

Latest posts