• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

35 (13 of the top 20) off that list. The WI listed courses are...ummm...interesting. Sandy Point is a nice spot, but not even close to the best in WI. And no Highbridge courses?

35 (13 of the top 20) off that list. The WI listed courses are...ummm...interesting. Sandy Point is a nice spot, but not even close to the best in WI. And no Highbridge courses?

You can't really take that list seriously if there's not a single Highbridge course on it.

I think each of the courses has had some drive-by and "poor maintenance during a stretch of years" reviews pulling them out of possible top 10. Makes the case for R.I.P.ing each of the courses once their redesigns/upgrades are completed and the overall complex itself is in upgrade mode.

imo, the energy drain of idlewild is comparable to panther creek.

Idlewild can be a grueling march (maybe second in KY to Mahr Park) BUT Idlewild has nothing like the extreme uphill slogs you have on holes 5 and 11 at Panther. My thighs are burning just thinking about hole 5.

another 5 rating for Maple Hill.

I wish it was noted somewhere that the course is the highest rated among trusted reviewers with at least 10 TR reviews.

here's an uncomplete list of a some notable TR course rankings with at least 10 TR reviews
Maple Hill 4.88
Harmony 4.87
Flip 4.85
Idlewild 4.83
Saleh L 4.80
Rollin 4.73
Harmon 4.65
BRP 4.63
Bucksnort 4.62

vq hasnt had a review in over a year

i wanted to include VQ in that graphic, instead of BRP, but it only had 7 TR reviews with a 4.43 average. i've heard that the course has gone way downhill in the last year.

I think each of the courses has had some drive-by and "poor maintenance during a stretch of years" reviews pulling them out of possible top 10. Makes the case for R.I.P.ing each of the courses once their redesigns/upgrades are completed and the overall complex itself is in upgrade mode.
Speaking from personal experience, that is way too much trouble, unless...

i wanted to include VQ in that graphic, instead of BRP, but it only had 7 TR reviews with a 4.43 average. i've heard that the course has gone way downhill in the last year.

All I can say is VQ was in nice shape when I played it 8/25/2019. But my son and I were the only ones out there during our round.

If a course isn't generating enough to cover the cost of keeping it up, it's not hard to see how it could go south big time over the course of 12 months.

Last edited:
In my opinion, only one of those cons (standing water) is legitimate. YMMV

Yeah, to each his or her own. I think the issue with this one wasn't so much the review as the fact that a 4.5 review can bump Lakeside down two spots. It's way crowded at the top.

I still feel Jarva doesn't deserve the top spot. Dear TimG, maybe we could make 25 the new minimum number of reviews to make the top 10? ;)

Yeah, to each his or her own. I think the issue with this one wasn't so much the review as the fact that a 4.5 review can bump Lakeside down two spots. It's way crowded at the top.

I still feel Jarva doesn't deserve the top spot. Dear TimG, maybe we could make 25 the new minimum number of reviews to make the top 10? ;)

there is a certain amount that still upsets me that outside of the us courses are allowed in top 10 when far majority of us (dgcr) baggers havent been there

i recognized 1-2 names total of the 134 that have played it

i know i understand it applies to the whole world and that perspective and so on

i just dont agree with it

it seems irrelevant

there is a certain amount that still upsets me that outside of the us courses are allowed in top 10 when far majority of us (dgcr) baggers havent been there

i recognized 1-2 names total of the 134 that have played it

i know i understand it applies to the whole world and that perspective and so on

i just dont agree with it

it seems irrelevant

I haven't gone to look back in the thread for when it was relevant, but my problem has to do with the flurry of drive-by reviews that catapulted Jarva into the top 10 a couple years ago, clearly trying to draw attention in its battle against extinction.

mrclc is a TR, but the other 9 reviews on the front page are all 5.0 and have a total of 9 reviews for those 9 users. To be honest, I'd love to believe that the best course in the world is in Europe or that there are courses better than HB, HH, RR, Selah, Moraine, Deer Lakes across the Atlantic. But color me skeptical.

Last edited:

Latest posts