• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

Yes, I do believe that Agape, Mammoth Cave, Tomah Shinga, and a few we haven't announced yet are all going to be top-tier courses.

Anything new on Agape? We have a group that will be traveling through that area in October, so it would be fabulous if it was playable by then. ;)

But everyone needs to keep hope (and prayers) alive for Selah. There still may be a solution.

I sincerely hope so - I missed out on playing there last year, and would kick myself forever if that was my last opportunity. :wall:

we have a top destinations button on the top courses section. so it depends on your definition of "destination course"

The answer to my question is...There are now so many. And in 20 years it'll feel like 2022 was nothing compared to 2042.

I did most of my runnin' around in 1999-2001. I think DeLa was considered the best course in the world when I was there in '99. I sure loved it!

Plus the fact that you've watched so many pro rounds at Maple Hill, Idlewild, etc. really adds to the experience when you get to play it yourself.
It's genuinely cool playing a hole thinking "this is where the pros land their drives!" or "McBeth hit a putt from here!". :clap::clap::clap:

Yes. This. I played Idlewild a week after the pros and I was more like "I made it almost as far as Paige and Katrina on this shot"

I played the Selahs 5 years ago, and they were in great shape then. BUT, I never understood why Creekside was in the top 10 yet Hobbs Farm, Milo and several others I felt were much better weren't.

Yes. This. I played Idlewild a week after the pros and I was more like "I made it almost as far as Paige and Katrina on this shot"
It's funny--whenever we play Idlewild and get to hole 6, we all laugh and go--there's Paul's tree...in reference to the tree he famously slammed one year (first available). Makes us feel better knowing even he is human. Cause we know we ain't getting to that green in two even without hitting a tree (well I did once, still missed the putt).

There is also a tree (I know this one personally) on hole 14 that KJ slammed every round a few years back.

Why? You can only play one at a time. Are you supposed to take the quality of each layout into account when rating the one you play? I can think of at least a couple courses with multiple pin placements where the added layouts should result in a downgrade if that is the case.
Maybe downgraded is not quite right but regardless of which layout you play having a choice is an upgrade in my opinion. To me the very best courses have multiple tees to appeal to a wider range of players. Let's say I play 2 courses and I like them the same but one course has another set of tees I would rate it higher even though I didn't play the other set.

As someone who lives in St. Louis, I'll probably play it once or twice a year, more likely once given the number of courses in the St. Louis area.
What are the best courses in the area for a short armed guy lol?

What are the best courses in the area for a short armed guy lol?

I don't live in St.Louis, and not familiar with all of them, but played quite a few.

As a noodle arm myself, I can say:
Quail Ridge was a lot of fun
Same for Jefferson Barracks, original.
Also enjoyed Indian Camp Creek.

Not a fan of Wilmore.

Last edited:
On that note, any updates on Highbridge anyone? I have a few days in late summer, curious if it might still be there?

Highbridge doing fine; Tom actually doing a ton of grader work this year. (Future course maintenance persons are going to be very grateful.)

His "I'm done" was just a shout out to the generation behind him that it is time for them to step up more and more, as 60+ year old guy (even one named Mountain Man!!!) has put four years of largely solo effort into the complex.

...With that said, he's working harder than ever this year...

Highbridge doing fine; Tom actually doing a ton of grader work this year. (Future course maintenance persons are going to be very grateful.)

His "I'm done" was just a shout out to the generation behind him that it is time for them to step up more and more, as 60+ year old guy (even one named Mountain Man!!!) has put four years of largely solo effort into the complex.

...With that said, he's working harder than ever this year...

That's great to hear. That complex had largely flown under my personal radar til this came up. Now I am WELL aware of it and it has shot to the top of my 'gotta go play' list.

I've only seen it on YouTube a few times.

Sounds like you had a good time. If you could play it regularly how frequently would you choose to pay to play it? Ie spend $ on it?
If I was close, maybe 1-2 times a year, just to see the changes and it breaking in. It's not one of my top 10 courses at this point, too many cons...but again, unique enough to try at least once if in the area. A lot of the appeal is its novelty, IMHO.

And we need to get more reviewers to book trips to Prince Edward Island! After 10-ish years, Hillcrest still needs more reviews to leap into the Top Ten!

This one is pretty high on my wishlist. Anything TVK says is in his personal top 5 gets me excited hah. It has 14 reviews - is one more all we are waiting for?

This one is pretty high on my wishlist. Anything TVK says is in his personal top 5 gets me excited hah. It has 14 reviews - is one more all we are waiting for?

i believe it would need a total of 21 reviews to make the DGCR worldwide rankings list.

If I could have only 5 bucket-list courses. Hillcrest would be one of them.

Latest posts