• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

As for the pay-to-play, I think it's more than just maintenance that elevates them. Private courses have more freedom of design, and often better property to start with. Plus, they can be less crowded, and have less overlap with non-disc-golfers than you encounter on public property.

Absolutely. Also, many of them have significant amenities that aren't within the realm of public parks' missions. I've visited courses with pro shops, warm-up areas, clubhouses, driving ranges, a three-story gazebo, restaurants, food trucks, a swimming pool, paintball, cabins for rent, fishing poles for rent with a stocked pond... It can be tough to decide how to factor in those amenities when rating a course, but those things certainly add something positive to the experience.

Looks like Holler in the Hills will be dropping out of the top 25.

I greatly appreciate the recent review. It would have been extremely disappointing to drive out of the way to play there, only to find decay and knee-high grass.

I hope that the locals are able to resurrect the course's former grandeur.

I played Holler in 2015 and absolutely loved it. Strong 4.5 course with many spectacular holes combining woods, elevation, and rock formations.

It was in good shape then, but the ownership was in flux. Old owner had very recently got arrested and I got a really weird vibe from the young guy who seemed to live in the trailer by 18s tee. I remember reading that a section of the course was partially logged within a year or so of my visit. Really sorry to hear that it's continued to decay since then. Just goes to show how much effort it takes for a private course owner to maintain a place like that.

Echo the hope that THEY can get the course back in shape. The property is amazing.

Played Holler a couple of months before Covid hit, and it was in pretty good shape. Spectacular course. You gotta be part billy goat to get through the back 9.

Shame it's gone downhill. I hope the locals can find some way to restore it.

Mayflower Hills got one review closer to making the top 25 today. It's at 19 reviews now and needs 2 more. A 4.63 Rating with only 4.5s and 5s.

A couple comparison quotes from Craig's review.
Here's my controversial take. I live in Charlotte. If it's not the best disc golf city, it's top 3 at worst. I'd trade any of our courses for Mayflower.

Out of my 510+ played courses, this will easily be in my top 20

I came here to say this and wellsbranch beat me to it, of course. :)

Mayflower Hills would currently be at No. 19 on the Top 25 list, pending enough reviews.

I've got it at #10 on my unofficial 'official' list. Tremendous use of the rolling hills to create some outstanding layouts. Throw in great views of the mountains, and it's a must play.

Back to back reviews of Eagles Crossing by Wolfhaley and Pizza God mean that it has reached the threshold to make the Missouri list. It is now the #1 course in Missouri at a 4.91, bumping Harmony Bends to second in the state.

Back to back reviews of Eagles Crossing by Wolfhaley and Pizza God mean that it has reached the threshold to make the Missouri list. It is now the #1 course in Missouri at a 4.91, bumping Harmony Bends to second in the state.

Wish Wolfhaley and Pizza God would "bump" up some PA courses in our very strange and lacking top 25 list!
A lot of semi-new courses with minimal reviews as well as ones with silly reviews that got them off to a bad start in the rankings. Pinebrook, Ryan Kelly Green Monster, Klines Run, Hidden Hollow, Hasson Park, and Aga Farms are just a few that almost assuredly should be firmly embedded in those rankings.

Wish Wolfhaley and Pizza God would "bump" up some PA courses in our very strange and lacking top 25 list!
A lot of semi-new courses with minimal reviews as well as ones with silly reviews that got them off to a bad start in the rankings. Pinebrook, Ryan Kelly Green Monster, Klines Run, Hidden Hollow, Hasson Park, and Aga Farms are just a few that almost assuredly should be firmly embedded in those rankings.

tyler sp surprises me as a top 25 worthy course currently on here

i thought it was pretty standard for the region

(i thought tyler sp was better than muddy run tho but neither would crack my top 25 list at all)

nobo doesnt get enough love imo

Wait, so fill me in: If Eagles Crossing is now #1 in MO over Harmony Bends, how come it is not in the top U.S. rankings? Are the DGCR criteria different between state rankings and the country?

Wait, so fill me in: If Eagles Crossing is now #1 in MO over Harmony Bends, how come it is not in the top U.S. rankings? Are the DGCR criteria different between state rankings and the country?

Yes, the state rankings have a minimum of 10 or 11 reviews and the national 19 or 20 or 21. Sorry I can't give an exact answer.

I believe it's a minimum of 11 for the state ranking and 21 for top overall.

And if you hook me up with some gas money maybe I can help out some of your discriminated PA courses ;)

Actually Lake Marshall - Lions has a sliiiightly better average and is 4 reviews closer to qualifying (whatever the threshold is).

Yes, the state rankings have a minimum of 10 or 11 reviews and the national 19 or 20 or 21. Sorry I can't give an exact answer.

I believe it's a minimum of 11 for the state ranking and 21 for top overall.

And if you hook me up with some gas money maybe I can help out some of your discriminated PA courses ;)

I thought that was stated officially somewhere, but hell if I can find it. Maybe it was just a message board post by timg.

Me and my wife will be heading out of the snow belt in mid April to get in some MLB games.
I am hoping to make it to Waterworks and Eagles Crossing. I haven't really looked at what other top courses are in our path.

hey i played calumet the other day

i just wanted to say it was an awesome course (and not just sayin it cuz youre a poster on here)

i felt like it was a volunteer version of brp which is quite the compliment and i would place both at about 4/5 despite the contrast

it was one of those courses where i didnt want it to end which is usually a personal sign for me that im highly enjoying it