• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

For as long as I've been on here, Blue Ribbon Pines has been in the top 10. If it's ever been knocked out, it quickly made it's way back in.

I agree 100%

However, it appears a lot of others don't. At least, the majority of those writing reviews.

It's an old and worn argument. What's "top 10 worthy"? What you say it is? What I say it is? There is no standard for what the "top 10" is or should be---other than a course that gets higher average reviews than all but 9 other courses.

I haven't played these courses, but apparently, by that definition, they are.

If I played them they might not make my top 10 either---I'm not swept away by polish and amenities---but saying it's not "my top-10 worthy" is about as much as any of us can do.

However, it appears a lot of others don't. At least, the majority of those writing reviews.

It's an old and worn argument. What's "top 10 worthy"? What you say it is? What I say it is? There is no standard for what the "top 10" is or should be---other than a course that gets higher average reviews than all but 9 other courses.

I haven't played these courses, but apparently, by that definition, they are.

If I played them they might not make my top 10 either---I'm not swept away by polish and amenities---but saying it's not "my top-10 worthy" is about as much as any of us can do.

Yea that's kinda what I gathered with BRP. It had some of the best amenities and landscaping on a course I had ever seen. But it was also mostly flat and got a little less interesting as a design as you went back and forth across the field.

So I could see why many would consider it a 5* course but it just didn't get there for me personally

I've often said that on my personal list, there is a huge gap between my Top-6 and numbers 7 on down.

It occurs to me that only 1 of my top 6 even has concrete tees.

But, of course, I'm only one person, and until this site has a way to filter for "reviewers who think like me", I'll accept the ratings for what they are. And, if I'm lucky, hope to go see the courses for myself.

A pro level friend of mine recently got back from a year long trip around the country and I was surprised he said that BRP was his favorite. I think he was suckered in by the amenities.

I think a lot of people get suckered in by amenities and pretty landscaping because they're such an exotic component on most disc golf courses.

The thing is BRP is hardly the most guilty party in the Twin Cities when it comes to a pretty facade on a less than challenging course. Bryant Lake to me exemplifies a place that gets by largely on its looks.

Not necessarily trying to defend Blue Ribbon here; but:
The hole down the pine row at Blue Ribbon is one of the "infamous" holes in all of disc golf (hole #4).
cff7ed21.jpg
335166a2.jpg

The hole that brings the water into play on the first shot (#17 I think) is also a quite unique shot. Add the amenities, 27 holes to play, and the pro shop and it's easy to see where it earns some bonus points. They are also continuing to upgrade; having added at least one more water hole recently.

I think a lot of people get suckered in by amenities and pretty landscaping because they're such an exotic component on most disc golf courses.

The thing is BRP is hardly the most guilty party in the Twin Cities when it comes to a pretty facade on a less than challenging course. Bryant Lake to me exemplifies a place that gets by largely on its looks.

Prior to upgrading one of our local courses and making it pay to play a few years ago; the main designer there asked to take a tour of Blue Ribbon, Bryant Lake and the Eau Claire pay to play courses: Tower Ridge 1 and Tower Ridge II. There were roughly six or seven of us in that full crew. Most of us had played all of them previously; except for the designer mentioned.

From a play stand point, they were ranked Tower, Blue Ribbon, Bryant; by the "playing portion of our crew." From the designer, looking to get an idea of what he needed to present, and make his course a: "proper pay to play"...he ranked them Bryant, Blue Ribbon, and the Tower courses a distant third.
Two different mind sets going on there....

An obvious fake review takes down VisionQuest, BRP moves back to the 10 spot. It's been an interesting month for the Top 10...

An obvious fake review takes down VisionQuest, BRP moves back to the 10 spot. It's been an interesting month for the Top 10...

B9xs9xc.jpg

ya gotta screenshot the fake ones so we can all point and laugh even after they've been removed :D :thmbup:

B9xs9xc.jpg

ya gotta screenshot the fake ones so we can all point and laugh even after they've been removed :D :thmbup:

Yeah, what a clown. First he says it's only cool the first time you play it, then two sentences later says it's only fun after the first time. These bozos that pull this crap do nothing but cheapen the quality of this site. (I'm also picturing a shirtless bro for some reason).

Realizing that infamous BRP hole is only 242 ft changes my opinion on that hole drastically.... there are plenty of 250 ish hallway shots in dg albeit few as visually stunning

Realizing that infamous BRP hole is only 242 ft changes my opinion on that hole drastically.... there are plenty of 250 ish hallway shots in dg albeit few as visually stunning

That hole is over 400' idk where you get the 242 from

Latest posts