• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

Speaking of top 10.......this place seems legit. :thmbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA-RzTPRa5o&t=1458s

That place is too legit. The link below the video worked. The distances on the hole displayed are off, No. 7. is 382 feet, and No. 8 at 554. I made my disc donations on both holes with throwaways. For scoring purposes on No. 7. I played the forward tee or the drop zone you saw less than 200 feet, but teed way off from the long tee, and 8 the forward basket less than 300 feet. giving up two throwaways, one from the legit tee, and just seeing if I could get myself to the long basket from the hump past the short basket. I think I'll pick a warm day next month and give it another try.

BRP is going to be one of the nicest looking/most well kept courses that you have played. It has a bit of WOW factor on Hole 4- 400+ tunnel between tall trees. It has water and decent variety of distance.

What it doesn't have is any elevation. Almost completely flat. It has a number of holes that are pretty open with just a little stream in the middle. It's also not overly challenging compared to most highly rated courses. I have enjoyed every time that I have played here. I initially gave it a 5 as an 18 year old with limited DG experience. Eventually, I had to change it to a 4.5 as I played it more and played many other courses.

No respectable reviewer will give it less than 4.0. Most will give it 4.5. Those that are homers or haven't played other high end courses will give it a 5.

^This is a great summary.

I loved it there and I hope to go back again. BRP would be on my list of "most fun places I have ever played disc golf," but not top ten courses I have ever played.

Others have nailed it, BRP was a lot of fun and very well kept. Disc shop on site, practice basket, net for practice drives, bar & food during your round, etc... Really enjoyed it and was a lot of fun but the 4.5 range sounds about right. That burger and beer between holes could bump it to 4.75 though :D

We were lucky playing it days before Minnesota Majestic so it was in pristine shape.

In the spirit of the Olympics, the ongoing Udisc top ten features;
#2 Norway
#3 Canada
#4 Norway
#5 Finland

BRP is a fun course. It also has a bunch of filler holes that drag down the experience...personally, I'd like to see it be an 18 hole course somehow. It also has a couple really kitschy holes that, for me, take away from the experience.

And flat. Oh so flat. And I don't really care about all the amenities.

At one point it was world class. These days, it's a 4.0 all day. Anybody that rates is a 5.0 has never been anywhere really good.

BRP is a fun course. It also has a bunch of filler holes that drag down the experience...personally, I'd like to see it be an 18 hole course somehow. It also has a couple really kitschy holes that, for me, take away from the experience.

At one point it was world class. These days, it's a 4.0 all day. Anybody that rates is a 5.0 has never been anywhere really good.

Truth.

I had the same exact feeling about Harmon Hills. It is great... but like top 200 great.

People are allowed to have their own preferences and differences of opinion. It's best to keep DGCR a place where we don't pounce on others for having a different opinion.

All I ask is that they have share tangible reasons for making statements, rather than just blathering unsupported, homeristic tripe.

Minority opinions can be quite eye opening when people explain why they said, whatever they said.

Last edited:
From the Hawk Hollow Facebook page:

"Holes which will be easier going forward than they were prior to the Great Tree Break of 22: 3,4,5,7,12,13. If you have a big arm 3,4,5 will be particularly friendly." There was a follow up comment that included hole 11. I don't have a big arm, but I would rather see the course remain difficult.

There were thousands of trees down from the January storms in the area. I have an invitation to play Blockhouse a private top 10 course in Virginia but was asked to wait until May. Loriella Park that hosted the 2019 USDWG Championship had tree damage and cleanup is complete. I would think those courses have been altered as well along with others in the area.

From the Hawk Hollow Facebook page:

"Holes which will be easier going forward than they were prior to the Great Tree Break of 22: 3,4,5,7,12,13. If you have a big arm 3,4,5 will be particularly friendly." There was a follow up comment that included hole 11. I don't have a big arm, but I would rather see the course remain difficult.

There were thousands of trees down from the January storms in the area. I have an invitation to play Blockhouse a private top 10 course in Virginia but was asked to wait until May. Loriella Park that hosted the 2019 USDWG Championship had tree damage and cleanup is complete. I would think those courses have been altered as well along with others in the area.

Loriella had a ton of stuff down but no fairways that changed appreciably. Was cleaned up to a great degree prior to events in late February/early March. Hawk Hollow is back to playable after yesterday's work but still has a lot of down stuff. A whole lot of the cleanup of big stuff there has been accomplished as part of cleaning up the farm (with heavy equipment) rather than the dg course per se. Still a solid day's work to do out there that doesn't involve heavy equipment but it is in much better shape than a week ago. I am most disappointed to have lost one small tree dividing the fairway on 13 and the stuff that defined the ceiling on 3. More people will be going for the green on 3 and making it at this point. Remains to be seen if that is good or bad I suppose.

i got some new ammo from a recent driving trip i took from mpls/stp to charlotte

idlewild is def a top 10 course and was a pleasure to play (cons include a safety risk on one walk however a wooden mini tunnel could take care of this issue or moving the tee pad slightly forward) course played tighter than it looks on video with the pros and i loved it

harmon hills is way too open for a top 10 course and the back 9 feel like a completely different course and of those back 9 they are roughly the same length/type holes which seems to be better served as a separate entity however it was a great course and appears they are adding moar holes to the open side of the course (so maybe 36 total eventually)

sugaree is a wonderful course with great/fun pin placement and visually overload on stimulation i loved it (some will gripe about the teepads but tbh i love natural teepads so i look past it) mando was very welcoming and easy to talk to

harmony bends broke my heart the whole time i was in awe at the design and use however kept havin to dodge standing water which was a cryin shame also worth noting the walk from 12 to 13 distracts putters on 14 and the flow seems off this may benefit from refining a bit really quality course tho

winthrop at rock hill is a terrible course and plays worse in person (someone should start a new thread of "what course should usdgc be moved to")

lastly the charlotte area was super easy to navigate and the quantity/quality of courses were amazing there is no top 10 worthy courses but a bunch of 3.5-4.5 courses i loved it

overall my top 3 of the trip were in order idlewild sugaree harmony bends

Selah Ranch - Lakeside is now the #1 rated course on DGCR after Knobby325's review of Harmony Bends.

Nice review and solid points, Knobby. That course is such a wild card if rain is in the forecast.

interestingly the course is marked 'unplayable' due to water just 3 days ago so I wonder what the status was when Knobby played in april. I would just hope someone doesnt go all the way out there and play when its marked unplayable and then review the course lowly for standing water.

It made me think - we dont downgrade northern courses like beaver ranch or maple hill even though they are unplayable due to snow in the winter; so why downvote a course near a river thats unplayable in the rainy months? Why is standing wet water different from standing frozen water?

My guess is folks are well aware of where/when there's going to be snow in the north; but maybe less folks aware of where/when the rain is going to cause issues. Then they show up at HB and are surprised to see water everywhere.