• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moving to Michigan

!st one maybe, they were ranked 3 and us 4 last time I looked, but i don't think we'll have a problem with Ohio State this year. I didn't see Ferris in the top 25!:D

I think OSU runs the table this year for the sole reason we can't play in the bowl game. Because my luck just runs that way, FML.

Welcome to Michigan and specifically to Ann Arbor, home of the Michigan Wolverines! :thmbup:

You have some quality courses in your neck of the woods in Hudson Mills MetroPark, Bandemer Park, Independence Lake, etc...

As for outdoor winter clothes, take exit #175 Saline Rd from I-94 and check out REI, my go to place for outdoor gear. Northface, Patagonia, Marmot, Merrel, etc... Sign up and be a member, get 10% back at the end of the year. :thmbup:

Good brew's all around, but I am another fan of Bell's. Make the drive on I-94 West and head to Kalamazoo some time. Plenty of cool DG courses along the way and you can end the day in K-Zoo at Bell's Brewery. Good food, quality beer and live bands some nights. This is a staple for us when buddies come in town.

Hope all goes well and you enjoy the Great Lake state . Welcome ! :clap:

Welcome to Michigan and specifically to Ann Arbor, home of the Michigan Wolverines! :thmbup:

You have some quality courses in your neck of the woods in Hudson Mills MetroPark, Bandemer Park, Independence Lake, etc...

As for outdoor winter clothes, take exit #175 Saline Rd from I-94 and check out REI, my go to place for outdoor gear. Northface, Patagonia, Marmot, Merrel, etc... Sign up and be a member, get 10% back at the end of the year. :thmbup:

Good brew's all around, but I am another fan of Bell's. Make the drive on I-94 West and head to Kalamazoo some time. Plenty of cool DG courses along the way and you can end the day in K-Zoo at Bell's Brewery. Good food, quality beer and live bands some nights. This is a staple for us when buddies come in town.

Hope all goes well and you enjoy the Great Lake state . Welcome ! :clap:

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words and advice.

Why is Bandemer so popular as it's only a 9 hole course?

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words and advice.

Why is Bandemer so popular as it's only a 9 hole course?

You're welcome!

Just my opinion, but it has the feel of an older, historical kind of course. Also has 3 sets of tee pads, red, white and blue. Not only are they different in distance but also in location, so red may be dog leg right, while white could be dog leg left. Completely changes the course not just adding length.

Also, it appears they do a ton of night DG there as the baskets usually have glow-sticks, bracelets and necklaces hanging from them. One of these times I need to get up their at night and try it, sounds like a blast.

I just think it is a fun, short course that can be played quickly. Almost zero interruptions as the normal park circles it rather than cut through it. Not the prettiest course by any stretch of the imagination, but a fun and somewhat technical course. And its free to play. :thmbup:

How's mary Beth Doyle and Rolling Hills?

Mary Beth Doyle "MBD" or "Brown PAAARK!" didn't turn out as designed, originally it was supposed to start around the pond but they day they came to install it the city said they don't want that anymore and forced us to jam the holes in tight. It's very short and easy, half wooded half open, some hills, nice tees and baskets- good for beginners. Rolling Hills is a nice technical tournament level course with dual tees on half the holes, hills, woods, open spaces, and a mix of shots but slightly favors lefty or sidearm players. Big leagues on Sundays and Tuesdays. Check out Water Works in Ypsi too, big changes and upgrades this year- working to get cement tee pads out there next year.

Great info in here. Thanks a lot, everyone.

Hopefully I'll meet a few of you on the course one day.

Mary Beth Doyle "MBD"...It's very short and easy, half wooded half open, some hills, nice tees and baskets- good for beginners.

Yup, it's a putter course.

Check out Water Works in Ypsi too, big changes and upgrades this year- working to get cement tee pads out there next year.

I hope so. This course was a turd when I played it. Concrete tees and signage would go a looooooong way.

I made it to Ann Arbor. Played MBD yesterday and both Hudson Mills parks today. Had blast, glad to be here.

Latest posts