• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music While Playing?

Music While Playing

• I like a soundtrack to my game

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Unnecessary noise

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Depends on mood, weather, other circumstances, etc.

Votes: 53 35.3%

• Total voters
Are we talking about an ipod just for us or speakers and all of that? I like the ipod thing but cant stand the speaker thing because Im not always into the music of the guy playing the music

We are the priests of the temples of Syrinx....all the gifts of life....are held within our walllllllsssss!!!!!

My wife just got a new ipod so I'm taking over her old, albeit pink, mp3 player. It's super light unlike my 60gig so I'm loading it up with the walking the dog/disc golf playlist now.

most of the time i bring my daughters wagon with my small boombox and play my ipod threw it. cooler and my bag ride in the radio flyer too.

To me it depends on the atmosphere. If it is a beautiful day, I usually will play without music. On horrible days (weather or gameplay) I usually will play music to keep my mood positive. Sometimes the right song can make a hole play well.

Never played music during disc golf. I thought it might be distracting.

Only when I'm by myself. I had my iRiver with me for the first time the other week, and it helped me not to get so pissed at myself when I missed easy shots. Then the battery died and my round went downhill :thmbdown:

With a group, never. If I'm playing solo, I listen to my ipod about half the time. GOOD music makes everything better, and the earbuds don't bother me...

I like music for a casual round or when I am by myself.

I hate the feeling of having headphones dangling and find them distracting from my arm motion. So I stopped using my ipod.

Recently, I bought a wind-up radio with battery backup and am really enjoying it. It works great, is light, and fits in the outside pocket of my bag nicely.
emerson-wind-up-radio.jpg

Sounds like me!!!

:) I have my ipod pluged into the wall charger next to my bed, and of course the head phones are in while im sleeping! Music on way to class, music while waiting for class, Music in class (morning class) Music on the way home, ipod on till night class. My day is music! lol

i do headphones when im golfing solo, which is a lot during the winter months.

one of the best days of golf i ever had ace wise was rocking solo with the headphones.
although now im mixing it up, sometimes i feel like being oblivious to all the sounds around me is not the best thing (like hearing some tree hits on a blind drive).