• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music While Playing?

Music While Playing

• I like a soundtrack to my game

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Unnecessary noise

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Depends on mood, weather, other circumstances, etc.

Votes: 53 35.3%

• Total voters
I can't listen to music on the course. I'm out there to do my improve, I want to focus with as little distraction as possible. It's worse having to listen to someone else's poor choice in music. Sometimes I feel like sitting at a table blasting Wagner at some of the players. :eek: So far I've stayed above that level. :)

i generally have songs just playing in my head. depends on what i was listening to the on the way to the course. i tried to play with the ipod but it was way to distracting. and taking it on and off was down right irritating.

I have tried a few solo rounds with my ipod and I don't care for it. I love being outside in nature and listening to the sounds on the course. plus, I don't like not being able to hear what's going on around me, especially when there are flying objects near by.

I'm with you Skinner. I can't live without music, whether I'm in the car, at home, or at work, but out on the course I just love the peace and quiet I can get while playing alone. Also, a lot of times I'm with friends and I feel like if I'm playing music, then it's taking away from time together. A friend of mine brought music one time, and halfway through the round everyone agreed that it wasn't necessary.

I am not a big fan of music while out playing.

This last summer, my brother was up from Texas and I hadnt seen him for like 10 years, and I took him out discing. It was nice having my 2 brothers who never played and my fiance who was new to the game, and my one brother had never met, all talking and enjoying the course for the company.

Well; at the end of the 4th hole, we run into a lone teenager with his gear and he asks if he can join. We accepted and while it did hamper family talk, it was still nice to see someone with a different style play; but then he turned on a stereo. I think it was an ipod hooked up to speakers and to me, it seemed like it just ruined the experience.

Strange kid though. He played up until about hole 7 and then decided he had to go. I seen him hooked up with the stoners since that meeting, so I think he realised we didnt have any stash we were going to be breaking out.

If I'm playing solo absolutely.

I also like to listen to music when I'm playing in a tournament, It keeps out small noises and keeps my mind clear. Also, the music I choose depends on the course. If its a long bombing course I listen to hard rock and metal to get pumped up to throw the bid distance.

I usually listen to music during a dubs round when $ is on the line. If I'm just hanging out with friends playing for fun I don't usually have my iPod on me.

Of course I always use headphones.

Headfunk Speakerbag

Check it out. Works nice with my Ipod. Changes songs when drive automatically. Ipod set to shuffle when its shaken.

Attachments

• speakerbag.jpg
    speakerbag.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 14
Man o man...I have been thinking how sick it would be if a course had speakers scattered throughout it with a little soft music playing. Im not sure if its worth doing it for what it would cost, but i think that would be amazing. Clearly this wouldn't work for tournaments that are really worth anything, but just going out after a long day and playing with other people and listening to some tunes while throwing discs around sounds like a dream.

Only song I know of with a chainsaw solo :D

If the cord for your earbuds gets in the way, run it under your shirt instead of on top. Or buy a hoodie with a passthrough for the cord like I did :hfive:
Van Halen had a power drill intro.

Check it out. Works nice with my Ipod. Changes songs when drive automatically. Ipod set to shuffle when its shaken.

Thats exactly the speakers I have. I usually get it out when its break time, when Im playing I like to hear what everybodys saying and focus on my game.

I have a little cooler that has built in speakers that I bring for glow rounds only. Other than that I never listen to music just nature and chains.

I don't mind some small speakers or my blackberry in the bag. It's the same feeling we use on construction sites, no headphones do to the safety factor. If you can't hear through your headphones you are accident waiting to happen. Good example of this is recently I saw a nasty hyzer spike almost take out some twat wearing headphones, he couldn't hear people yelling "fore!". What made him a DB in my eyes is that he actually got mad at the kids throwing, not realizing he was the one in the wrong. I say wear the headphones, you will provide endless entertainment to the rest of us as you get nailed by flying discs. I should probably specify that the guy wearing the headphones was a player and not a jogger or other park user. If it was one of the latter, then they would have been in the right to be a little pissed.

on another note I am guilty sometimes of wearing headphones, but only at deserted courses where I have little or no chance of walking into the flight path of a disc.

that is a huge change from the beginning of summer, when I absolutely despised music. I still hate being able to hear other peoples music, it always sounds like tinny crap from small speakers.

I like it if I'm wearing a sweatshirt in winter and I'm doing a lot of feildwork. The cord has to be completley secure though, no flying around. I like the headphones hole through hoodie pockets thing for this.

Latest posts