• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

My Anode was sucking today.. It's beat to complete s*** though.. It was point and shoot for a while but it's way too inconsistent. The wizard was 100x better.. No putter will ever come close to what the wizard can do. The anode is better then the Ion.. Possibly having the M Proton made a difference in today's melty wet conditions.. I hit the middle of the chains and it slipped out.. Maybe it was just the putter in wet conditions?

My Anode was sucking today.. It's beat to complete s*** though.. It was point and shoot for a while but it's way too inconsistent. The wizard was 100x better.. No putter will ever come close to what the wizard can do. The anode is better then the Ion.. Possibly having the M Proton made a difference in today's melty wet conditions.. I hit the middle of the chains and it slipped out.. Maybe it was just the putter in wet conditions?

You already have beaten in an Anode that much?!?

If you look closely there have been small circles on all MVP discs since the Vector. It is part of a technology they have on their molds to keep the discs popping out consistently. I don't know why the circles are more pronounced on some discs than others. It definitely has no effect on flight or durability.

My anode was sinking putts and nailing shots that I usually can't make today.. It has been placed next to the Wizard as my all time favorite putter!! Thank you MVP!!

I'll bet anything you haven't done anything to that Anode to break it in. Sounds like it was grip issues resulting from the conditions. Baseline plastic rules in those conditions, but with practice, experience, and vigilance(keeping them dry) Ions/Anodes can be used just as effectively.

You already have beaten in an Anode that much?!?

Yes. My anode is beat to complete hell. I have a spare but I don't like the color nearly as much. I've been using the disc for catch and have thrown 300+ throws at school, 15+ in an open field (driving), and it's been the only putter and for approaches within 100ft since it came out. Only 7-8 Round of something.. The disc when a 7/10 was excellent and so consistent. Now it is a 5/10 I'd say.. Really damn beat for only being out for a month. I got my money's worth I suppose.

If you look closely there have been small circles on all MVP discs since the Vector. It is part of a technology they have on their molds to keep the discs popping out consistently. I don't know why the circles are more pronounced on some discs than others. It definitely has no effect on flight or durability.

when we got them in at marshall street i was curious about it. looks like it is an issue with different colors cooling at different times

There's not way it's 5/10 already. MVP discs pretty much have their own scale because they just don't take abuse like any other discs. I've used mine vigorously since they came out, playing multiple Anode only rounds, putting/upshot practice everyday. And they are barely scuffed.

Really beat to sh!? Must mean oat city. Really, I have ions that are way older and have way more miles and they are still like new. Wow this may be the first ever 5/10 anything MVP. Pictures or I don't believe it.

Yes. My anode is beat to complete hell. I have a spare but I don't like the color nearly as much. I've been using the disc for catch and have thrown 300+ throws at school, 15+ in an open field (driving), and it's been the only putter and for approaches within 100ft since it came out. Only 7-8 Round of something.. The disc when a 7/10 was excellent and so consistent. Now it is a 5/10 I'd say.. Really damn beat for only being out for a month. I got my money's worth I suppose.

It's all in your head. I've tried really hard to beat my first new generation Ion in to no avail. I've folded it in half in every direction...at least 100 times. I've thrown it on pavement dozens of times and hit trees on purpose many more. It still flies with zero high speed turn and the only difference between it and a brand new one is that it fades later.

I threw my MVP only bag for 5 rounds at Buffalo Ridge, Phoenix last week and none of the discs are remotely damaged.

Buffalo Ridge eats up discs like nobodies business. I ruined 3 Z discs, a flex disc, and a gummy champ a couple years ago. Frankly I wouldn't play the course because it killed my discs off in a matter of throws. I couldn't believe it when I threw 5 rounds and none of my discs died or even show more than superficial wear.

yea 5/10 is total shenanigans! My worst conditioned MVP disc is a 6/10 2nd run soft Ion. Just b/c of scratches and ink, not b/c of the flight.

It's all in your head. I've tried really hard to beat my first new generation Ion in to no avail. I've folded it in half in every direction...at least 100 times. I've thrown it on pavement dozens of times and hit trees on purpose many more. It still flies with zero high speed turn and the only difference between it and a brand new one is that it fades later.
ive found that the kinda overstable proton ions lose some of that hard fade fairly early, but then they stay where they're at for a very long time after that. ive got a glow ion that has been in the bag since they came out, has chunks missing from the overmold, and has been my driver the whole time. it still wont turn. but on the other end of that, a newer run(navy blue) ion i just got is already much straighter and actually drifts a little left on flat throws(LHBH). i know most of you guys say that mvp is super consistent between all of their runs, i just dont really see it that way. i also like having some fly less/more stable than others cause it lets you set your bag up how you want without having to break in multiples. assuming you have enough discs to pick and choose from.

Grab your pitchforks and torches someone said something negative about mvp!

Lol
My anodes have been abused and if you look at them you would think they were 5/10, they really do look that sh*tty. But its only because that pretty plastic scuffs up so easy. Structurally speaky they're both still easily 9/10 and fly just like they did when I bought them.
Im not dgcr enough to think I know more about someone else's disc than they do but I'm pretty sure your form is probably in worse shape than your disc.
Just my .02 :)

My white soft Ion was the first batch of no texture bottoms.

I use it for every round, every hole more or less (my approach disc and driving putter). I play Nockamixon and South Mountain a lot, these two courses are BRUTAL on discs. Brutal, as in turn a 10/10 DX disc into flip city in a round, brutal.

I play every weekend, at least 36 holes, plus 18-36 during the week. I practice long step-through putts with it at work, on my loading dock, with a cinder block wall as a backstop.

My friend and I use it as a catch disc, and warm up before rounds throwing it around.

We play all winter too, no sissy **** here.

With that said, this disc is NOWHERE NEAR 5/10. I can rip it flat yet, and it gets they very smallest of turn (more an L to R drift, no flip).

I don't buy it.

Bring it to the Wabun ace race on March 31st. I'll trade you a Wizard and show you how to throw it...

I can't say enough good things about MVP's discs. I hated the Axis at first, but after putting due time in with it, it's kicked the Comet out of my bag. Never thought that would happen. I'm using the Anode more for short drives than anything. For me, it's proving to be a short range Axis.

Latest posts