• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I think I'll be picking up a couple or three of these. Any idea for whether I should get Medium or Soft? I carry a M DGR Ion for my main approach disc at the moment, and I would want the Anode I carry to be a good complement to that. I don't want to carry more than 2-3 (prefer 2) putters. I am excited that people like putting with the Anode, because the Ion has never felt quite "right" to me for putting, even though I do use it for that.

I think I'll be picking up a couple or three of these. Any idea for whether I should get Medium or Soft? I carry a M DGR Ion for my main approach disc at the moment, and I would want the Anode I carry to be a good complement to that. I don't want to carry more than 2-3 (prefer 2) putters. I am excited that people like putting with the Anode, because the Ion has never felt quite "right" to me for putting, even though I do use it for that.

I prefer the softs but it is all personal preference.

It was in the high 70's the other day when I was playing and my regulars were gummy, a little bit softer and grippy as hell. I can't imagine how soft these will feel when it is ^100 every day this summer...

Because I'd rather get 3 that fit my needs and practice for consistency. I guess what I'm looking for is what the flight ratings for the two plastics are.

I can't wait for some DN stamped Soft Anodes! I went back to putting with my soft Ions yesterday and seemed to like them. Not as straight on short putts, think I can work with that. I really like them better on longer putts.

I threw a few putts with my friend's Medium Anodes, and they just felt like they were launching off my hands. Maybe I need to try medium?!?

I threw a few putts with my friend's Medium Anodes, and they just felt like they were launching off my hands. Maybe I need to try medium?!?
I'll say that the Anode is possibly the easiest releasing disc I've ever thrown but in a good way. We're all different so perhaps that translates to an early release for you (if that's what you're describing).

I think the thing to consider is where you're gripping the disc as in the flightplate or the rim. If most of your pressure is on the rim which is the same on the med and soft then a soft probably won't help. You're talking about putting though so I'd imagine you've got fingers and a thumb pressing more on the flightplate. I'll stop analyzing now.

Hehe, big talk from a Least Coaster. Try playing in real winter sometime.

LOL. We get real winter here.

I'm sure you have a lower average temperature, but I wouldn't scoff at our winters.

Snowpacalypse last year? Yeah, played in it. Played with 3" of ice on top of 2' base of snow.

I had to clean snow off my car about a week ago. That was the first time this season. No need to own a shovel this year and I'm not the least bit upset. It's going to be upto 66F tomorrow. Ahh...New England...

Yea, I was wishing I had a soft Anode all last week in the frigid cold and then I finally get a chance to throw mine today and it was high 60's and sunny. I'm not complaining...

Latest posts