• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

the Anode is AWESOME on hammers.
has this come up yet?

Sorta, I started an MVP thread about utility shots but it quickly ceased to exist: HERE.

LOVE hammers and thumbers with Anodes:thmbup:

Man, Anodes go WAAAAY better in the warm weather. It is suddenly the disc I wanted all along, and all that was missing was normal throwing conditions. Anyone else noticing that these things love the spring weather?

Man, Anodes go WAAAAY better in the warm weather. It is suddenly the disc I wanted all along, and all that was missing was normal throwing conditions. Anyone else noticing that these things love the spring weather?

Played 4 rounds yesterday and today at Lions Park getting ready for the Spring Rip It. These things are MONEY in this 70 degree weather we are having!

Oh yeah the medium woke up today 76 here, the softs got softer for sure too, I only used the medium today, gotta pull out the medium ion now too. Such a difference 20 degrees makes with this plastic.

I would be putting with an anode if I didn't take the time to grind a soft ion down to half of the bead height on my driveway. Putts like a dream now :D

Ya was high 60s today hit a 55' (soft anode)
2012-03-14_14-01-54_163.jpg

Anode def improved my approach shots

That is sooo sick.. Yeah I'm going to be getting a Soft Ion next fall to prepare for the cold weather. Regular should do just fine!

My friend just bought an reg Ion and Axis. First MVPs I have seen or thrown. They are really nice discs. Just curious how the softs compare in feel/flexibility/firmness of my ESP FLX or Crystal FLX Challenger. I know the Protons feel alot like my crystal challenger.

New to the forum, but just recently got into MVP discs. The soft anode is the straightest putter I've ever used to date. I was using a wizard as a driver and a putter, but the anode is taking over my putter spots. I never used an Ion and to be perfectly honest, I don't think I ever will. MVP discs are money!:thmbup:

New to the forum, but just recently got into MVP discs. The soft anode is the straightest putter I've ever used to date. I was using a wizard as a driver and a putter, but the anode is taking over my putter spots. I never used an Ion and to be perfectly honest, I don't think I ever will. MVP discs are money!:thmbup:

Ions are great for windy conditions. If you want an even straighter Anode try out the regulars.

Welcome to the addiction family too! :D

Soft Anode is better in cold conditions I've heard.. The Medium slips out of my hands when wet..

I was carrying all Anodes today. A 171 Soft and a 175 med. The wind was terrible. Many times I found myself wishing I had an Ion with me....usually as I missed the putt cuz the wind hit it.:doh: The Anodes did very well fro the most part...just needed something more in the extreme wind situations.

I was carrying all Anodes today. A 171 Soft and a 175 med. The wind was terrible. Many times I found myself wishing I had an Ion with me....usually as I missed the putt cuz the wind hit it.:doh: The Anodes did very well fro the most part...just needed something more in the extreme wind situations.

This is exactly why I carry a heavy soft Ion. Seems like the soft Anodes hold their zone in fairly windy conditions tho.

My anodes do fine in the wind @175g. I've had no real problems throwing softies in wind and it's been windy here.

Unless a gust hits the flight plate perpendicular.

And addiction is spot on.

Last edited:
Towards the end of the round, I was starting to get the hang of the the wind with the Anode, but I still missed some I know the Ion would make. I really just need more time with it. It really did do well into the wind and with the wind...its the crosswinds that are getting me.

Latest posts