• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

the ion is your character when you start WOW.

the anode is your WOW character after you've slain 10,000 boars.

What difference do you notice? I have thrown both limitedly, but could not tell much difference. I thought the anode may have a little more glide, but could have just been the way I was throwing

the anode does have more glide and the little drop in stability the anode has makes a world of a difference; it makes straight shots way more effortless, it makes putts more effortless.

Here is what I've noticed in stability between the Ion and Anode. Anodes also have much more glide than Ions.

Less stable -----------------------> More stable
regular Anode, soft Anode/regular Ion, Soft Ion

putts are never effortless, neither are straight shots. as to the stability out of all of my ions, they all are similar. i havent found a difference between soft and med(if anything my softs start with less fade), and havent found a difference between early to late runs like others have said. only difference i have seen is when you get a mid 160's, they start way straighter. for reference i have only about 10 ion but have all types. only have two anodes and theyre identical(soft, med)

Medium anode is my go to dead straight approach disc, It's my mini axis :p
If I need some hyzer I break out the soft. The medium is really kicking mucho butt on forhand approaches.

Comparing Anodes and Ions, I see a very noticeable increase in glide with the Anode, and it fades later and less laterally at the end of its flight. This translates into a putter that stays straighter from further outside the circle for me, and increased upshot precision.

I have been hitting 1 or 2 jump putts in the 60-90' range per round with the Anode since getting used to it. With the Ion those rarely happened. I also feel like the standstill putts outside the circle (55-30') are easier to hit. Inside the circle they putt real similar.

For me the Anode is pretty neutral and the Ion is slightly overstable. If I throw them each at max power with a tiny bit of anny, the Ion will hyzer out at the end and the Anode will hold a slow right turn the entire flight. I am in love with the Anode for FH approach shots.

I also think the Anodes fly just a hair faster than Ions, though both are fast for a fairly deep rimmed putter.

I finally got a chance to check out the new softs today, not sure if they were IONS or Anodes, but they did feel really nice in my hand, like a delicious candy apple flavored gummy bear.

I'm still not a MVP guy, but Chad, hey, nice job man. :thmbup: :clap:

EDITED FOR STUPIDITY:doh:

Anode's ****in rock, just bought a few more as practice putters. SO happy these came out, and I love how they tell you if you ever happen to torque them:)

Ions are great for windy conditions. If you want an even straighter Anode try out the regulars.

Welcome to the addiction family too! :D

Yeah, I've been getting some flack from the guys at the course because this is only my 2nd season in the sport (just started) and I already have 18 discs, with 4 of them being Anodes (2 soft / 2 medium). I haven't touched my Aviar, polecat or 2 of my mid ranges since I got them...

Addiction is right. I'm seriously contemplating a putter only round this Sunday... They fly dead straight all the time no matter what and hold almost any line I throw them on (mediums). Like someone else said... when I need just a tiny bit more hyzer, I pull out a soft.

These things are incredible. I'll have to beat everyone with my putter only round to make them shut their mouths :)

Yeah, I've been getting some flack from the guys at the course because this is only my 2nd season in the sport (just started) and I already have 18 discs, with 4 of them being Anodes (2 soft / 2 medium). I haven't touched my Aviar, polecat or 2 of my mid ranges since I got them...

Addiction is right. I'm seriously contemplating a putter only round this Sunday... They fly dead straight all the time no matter what and hold almost any line I throw them on (mediums). Like someone else said... when I need just a tiny bit more hyzer, I pull out a soft.

These things are incredible. I'll have to beat everyone with my putter only round to make them shut their mouths :)

Only 18?! I think you're doing pretty damn well.

Only 18?! I think you're doing pretty damn well.

REALLY! Second season and only 18 discs? You got some catching up to do! :D

Anyways I stopped after our club event today and bought an Anode. I gave it a 20 minute test spin in the back yard, seems to putt almost exactly like an Ion to me, at least out to 50-60 feet. Both of my Ions are pretty well beat in it seems. I enjoy driving with them as they seem to do whatever I want, so I was a little hesitant to even bother trying an Anode. We'll see how it goes!

I'll mention that my two Ions are 175 and 172 softies, and the Anodes is a 172 soft.

My putting in general has been well above average the last few rounds for me, hopefully my back yard time is starting to pay off.

I've been throwing around my Anode for about 2 weeks now, and although I do like driving with it and using it sometimes for approach shots.. I still much prefer the gummy feel of 2nd run Ions.

Latest posts