• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I've had my 170g soft anode for about two weeks now. Punishing it. Too be honest, the thing is fine. Like everyone says, mainly scuff marks. 8-9/10.

Also, as the temperatures rise I'm liking the soft anode even more. The grippiness of the disc flight plate is getting ridiculous. :thmbup:

Without going through this entire thread, what weight are you guys throwing? I see people claiming they fly like max weight putter in lower weights. Will 170g hold up well in the wind? Can you notice anything different between the Ion and Anode from putting only? Thanks!

I am throwing a 170 soft but would prefer a 167ish. I tend to like lighter stuff. I have been able to get out much to test it so I can't provide much insight into its performance.

Without going through this entire thread, what weight are you guys throwing? I see people claiming they fly like max weight putter in lower weights. Will 170g hold up well in the wind? Can you notice anything different between the Ion and Anode from putting only? Thanks!

Review(s) in my sig compares the soft and regular anodes to one another, along with the ion.

I recently played in pretty windy conditions, 20-25mph gusts, and the Anode held lines almost as good as my Pro Rhyno. Where my SS Wizard would turn over the Anode was fighting and raising up and down in the air. Hit some long putts, and had even more basket hits that day mainly because of the gusting. The Anode was fine, I throw a 172g.

I've thrown a 175g, 173g, and 172g Medium Anodes.. They are all good. I would imagine 170 wouldnt be a lot different.

There is noticable difference in the anode and ion for me. The Ion sucks as a putting putter. I've heard many people say this and I was missing putts that my Anode sinks all day. As far as placement shots go and everything. Anode and Ion can both do that job. Anode is better IMO.

I've thrown a 175g, 173g, and 172g Medium Anodes.. They are all good. I would imagine 170 wouldnt be a lot different.

There is noticable difference in the anode and ion for me. The Ion sucks as a putting putter. I've heard many people say this and I was missing putts that my Anode sinks all day. As far as placement shots go and everything. Anode and Ion can both do that job. Anode is better IMO.

The Ion doesn't suck as a putter, YOU suck at putting with it... "It's the archer, not the arrow." I love using my Ion as a putting putter, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that does.

^^^Kinda sorta, but what really gets me is I swear the Anode feels deeper than the Ion, though just about everyone else says otherwise..

(To save a stupid post from someone, I know they share the same core so it's technically the same, I said feel.)

is it just me or does the anode's profile remind anyone of the aviar? Maybe it is small bead aviar-ish overall?

^^^Kinda sorta, but what really gets me is I swear the Anode feels deeper than the Ion, though just about everyone else says otherwise..

(To save a stupid post from someone, I know they share the same core so it's technically the same, I said feel.)

I can see where you are coming from saying the profile is similar to the aviar. To me, the anode feels more shallow than both the ion and aviar. I grabbed a glow aviar for some night rounds and was amazed at how deep it felt after getting used to the anode.

I actually gave up putting with my anode in favor of an old stormtrooper Ion for just this reason.
The soft anode still has a lock on approach shots and drives though.

is it just me or does the anode's profile remind anyone of the aviar? Maybe it is small bead aviar-ish overall?

Before mvp I had been an aviar putter for years and my first thought when I got my anode was it looked like a faster aviar.

I got my anode after trading it for a
Blizzard here. At first I was highly skeptical of all the hype. It just was not working for me and I could not understand what everyone loved about it.

But after the last couple days I am SOLD!!

I have been playing for 10 months. Most of the time without a real putter and I am now making better approaches and longer putts with this disc.

The winds were gusting 30+ today and I still found this very reliable.

Give this disc a shot a week to get used to and you will find it awesome!!!

Yeah.. I have 3 anodes. One is dead and the others are in each bag.. Im gonna pick up a soft for putting duties. The medium will continue being my placement disc.

now that the weather is warmer, the soft anode is being used less and less. in the colder weather i loved my softs, now with the weather getting warmer the softs get floppy. Its still in the bag for putts, but off the tee the mediums just feel way better for me. I welcome this in the mvp line up it means that my softs essentially become my mediums in the winter and colder weather.

Latest posts