• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I'm normally a mvp hater, but the anode is very nice. It goes so far so easily and doesn't just drop out of the air on putts like the ion did. I have found the anode to be better than the ion in the wind too both on drives and putts. It pretty much makes the ion look like a turd. The vector is still trash and the axis is pretty mediocre.

Like I expected, I love my Anode, nice long straight putts given a good spin. I still have Ion in my bag and I use it when I need harder fade at the end. Love all MVP discs and cannot wait for new drivers!

Does anyone know how the anode compares to the 2nd run Ions with the smaller bead? I throw one of those and have been told that they're less stable than the newer Ions... just curious to know if the anode is similar or if it's even less stable...

Stability between the anode and ion is really close. Hss is about the same, the fade kicks in late on the ion and it fades more than the anode. Not a ton of difference between the two, it comes down to feel. I only carry anodes now, because the ion overlapped a ton. 2nd run ions were a less stable run. Anode is almost identical at least to me and my arm.

on full drives there's not that much difference except the ion kind of drops as it fades where as the anode fades forward and overall fades much less.

the big differences are when you're doing low power throws. the anode glides much more and is much easier to keep on a line than ions at low power.

Stability between the anode and ion is really close. Hss is about the same, the fade kicks in late on the ion and it fades more than the anode. Not a ton of difference between the two, it comes down to feel. I only carry anodes now, because the ion overlapped a ton. 2nd run ions were a less stable run. Anode is almost identical at least to me and my arm.

Thanks. I'll stick with my 2nd run ion then.

Ace today, Medium Anode, Hole 4 Plymouth Creek. A short shot but an incredibly narrow fairway. I have been close so many times with a variety of putters and mids, but it took an Anode to finally reel it in.

2nd run Ions and Soft Anodes have about the same stability to them, whereas the medium Anodes have much less LSS while still keeping it's great HSS. I feel that the Anodes are much more HSS than Ions.

Soft Anode was much more stable for me but didn't go nearly as far. Soft Anode for putting, Medium Anode for placement and driving for me!! 400th post!! :)

Just ordered a medium to test against my soft. Anyone putt with a medium as well as drive? I really like to only carry one putter and I'm worried I might have just wasted a purchase if the medium is no good for putting

I use mediums for putting. My softs seem to stick to my fingers and get pulled right. If I need a dead straight drive with no fade then I'll throw my medium, if I need a little fade at the end then I'll throw my soft.

Just ordered a medium to test against my soft. Anyone putt with a medium as well as drive? I really like to only carry one putter and I'm worried I might have just wasted a purchase if the medium is no good for putting

I use my medium anode for putting as well. It does great. Like others have said "point and shoot" it goes straight to the basket.

I like to spin putt with a slightly more stable putter, so I go between regular run ions and some nice 2nd runs. However, the Anode is my go to for approach shots and putting off the tee, especially shots between 100-200 feet.

Anyone else notice these things drop fast on putts? Spin and push I am having my putts fall quick at the end of flight. Im glad they do as its predictable and keeps from blowing by on spin putts but wasn't sure if everyone was experiencing this.