• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I snagged a firm anode over the weekend... It may be the most stable disc I have ever used. I think it has kicked the challenger out. I love my challengers. But that anode is such a nice putter. I hit some killer putts with it.

For drive and approach I often thought to myself "Wow, that was closer than I thought."

After playing today. The anode was way too stable lol. Almost zero fade. I had to use my 177g ESP Buzzz as a placement and approach disc instead of my M Anode.

I'm trying so hard to like putting with my Anodes but we just aren't gel'n. For some drives and most upshots I dig the Anode. I love to throw the Anode but I don't like putting with it. I prefer putting with Ions.

I'm trying so hard to like putting with my Anodes but we just aren't gel'n. For some drives and most upshots I dig the Anode. I love to throw the Anode but I don't like putting with it. I prefer putting with Ions.

I completely agree, I tried putting with them and they just didn't work out. I was rooting for them too. I tried for about a month to putt with them, but in the end I went back to my Rhynos. I just love a putter that dives into the basket instead of floats. They aren't leaving the bag though. The best driving putter and upshot/approach disc in the game in my opinion.

I think ill be switching back to my aviars as well. I like the anode, as a putter its beautiful, right up to the point where it hits the basket. I've never heard so many "how did that not stay in?" Or "there's no way, that hit dead center" or varius other how the eff did that fall out statements from my fellow golfers.

Before switching to mvp I honestly thought chain outs were some made up forum thing, I mean I've had contact with the chains and still missed but it was always because it just caught the outer edge. Now I chain out from anywhere on the basket. And I'm not saying this is an all the time thing, its once, maybe twice a round but that's enough to kill your mood and your momentum.

I still don't see the anode ever being replaced as an approach disc in my bag but as a pure putter its most likely getting retired.

Why aren't others loving the Anode as much as me? Approach and Putter for me. I have 4 of the disc (3 Med, 1 Soft)/

I have to agree with a couple of the others, the anode always gets me close to the basket when I need to approach, but my soft 2nd run black ion, has the perfect feel and grip, I sink the chains any time I am 40ft and in.

I also am in love with the Anode for approaches and drives off the tee. I originally bought one to compliment my soft Ion that I throw, but it has slowly taken over that role in my bag. I now only throw my soft Ion 1-3 times a round with all the shots going to my soft Anode. The Anode ended up being more stable than I thought it was going to be.

On the other hand, I couldn't get down putting with it. I tried for a few weeks like others in this thread, but eventually went back to my 2nd run medium Ion's for putting duties. The Anode seemed too nose angle sensitive for me when putting. Any little nose-up and they would climb like crazy. The Ion is just more forgiving when running at the chains. But boy do I LOVE throwing my Anodes!

Why aren't others loving the Anode as much as me? Approach and Putter for me. I have 4 of the disc (3 Med, 1 Soft)/

Because not everyone is you! People need to realize this more. Not everyone has the same style/feel/opinions, so not everyone will feel the same about it. I can guarantee that there are people that love it more than you tho.

Because not everyone is you! People need to realize this more. Not everyone has the same style/feel/opinions, so not everyone will feel the same about it. I can guarantee that there are people that love it more than you tho.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.. Dear god. Calm down. I do understand, I am asking a question. Why don't people like it? Like really. Why?

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.. Dear god. Calm down. I do understand, I am asking a question. Why don't people like it? Like really. Why?

Perhaps you didn't notice the 1100 posts in this thread before your's. The most common reasons are the feel of the plastic and the curved joint where the inner rim meets the flight plate.

Never have I been more impressed with a disc. The my 170g soft anode is crazy versatile. Very straight, huge glide, point and shoot putter. Best feel IMO for a driving putter.

Pretty sure UPS wasn't being bitter/grouchy...there's a knowledge plateau once you read enough of anything, one of which in disc golf (or most any other activities) is that everyone is unique so there isn't one single answer/way/solution/etc. The amount of times I have told people that gets frustrating at times, I'm sure UPS felt the same way.

It was fairly polite though, he could have said what he said a lot more douchbagily if that were his intentions..

EDIT: . . . IMO

Last edited:
Like it for approaches and drives, not so fond of it for putting, and I'll be trading mine with a friend soon...not in the bag and not going to keep it. If they come out with one that has a much softer rim and perhaps less glide, I'd probably try that one out and like it. I'm not a fan of high glide on putting putters anyway, but around here it's just constantly too windy for that to be anything but a disadvantage (and no, I do not have accidental nose up issues when putting...nose goes up only when I want it to). Anode is really a very nice disc, though. I look forward to MVP putting out some other discs sometime and hopefully those will fit my needs better. They really are onto a good thing here.

Pretty sure UPS wasn't being bitter/grouchy...there's a knowledge plateau once you read enough of anything, one of which in disc golf (or most any other activities) is that everyone is unique so there isn't one single answer/way/solution/etc. The amount of times I have told people that gets frustrating at times, I'm sure UPS felt the same way.

It was fairly polite though, he could have said what he said a lot more douchbagily if that were his intentions..

EDIT: . . . IMO

I'm saying it because I've heard so many people like it more then not liking it. I just don't understand. I can understand the grip but other then that. I'm not sure. The disc is very very good.

Didn't think the soft anode would kick my medium out of the bag for driving but it did! And in one day. just a touch more fade at the end than the medium which i like.

Didn't think the soft anode would kick my medium out of the bag for driving but it did! And in one day. just a touch more fade at the end than the medium which i like.

Fade? I must have gotten a weird soft. The thing just went straight and then landed. That's it. It just landed the same way it flew. Straight as hell. Too straight. Even with anhyzers. That is why my Medium is keeping approach duties.

Fade? I must have gotten a weird soft. The thing just went straight and then landed. That's it. It just landed the same way it flew. Straight as hell. Too straight. Even with anhyzers. That is why my Medium is keeping approach duties.

well im throwing it really high because its a 320ft hole. and its probably 100+ft in the air (slightly downhill hole). Approached its not even noticable.

Latest posts