• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Ever heard of Quest, Lightning, or hell even last year's discraft proto, floaters.. Plenty of bad discs.

Lighting wasn't bad, they just didn't last.

But anyway. Has anyone else had issues driving anodes. Namely oat creeping into ones throw and release issues due to the curved rim? I think I have a way to remedy the rim... but we will see on a day less windy.

I have noticed some OAT when I drive with mine, though usually I can control it. It just means I have to throw a little slower. I changed my grip slightly due some tendinitis in my hand though.

Lighting wasn't bad, they just didn't last.

But anyway. Has anyone else had issues driving anodes. Namely oat creeping into ones throw and release issues due to the curved rim? I think I have a way to remedy the rim... but we will see on a day less windy.

instead of hooking it under the middle knuckle on my index i hook it on the last knuckle. i do this when driving with any puuter because the deep rim is troublesome. i find i still get all the power but less OAT and the possibility of griplock.

Ever heard of Quest, Lightning, or hell even last year's discraft proto, floaters.. Plenty of bad discs.
What the, last year's Ace Race disc is a marvelous thing! A great compromise between a beveled putter and a lid, combining aspects of both. Maybe it doesn't fit you (and when I was in the Ace Race about 90% of people didn't have a clue how to throw it and damned it to hell), but there are plenty of people who like discs like that.

What the, last year's Ace Race disc is a marvelous thing! A great compromise between a beveled putter and a lid, combining aspects of both. Maybe it doesn't fit you (and when I was in the Ace Race about 90% of people didn't have a clue how to throw it and damned it to hell), but there are plenty of people who like discs like that.

That is the funny thing about ace races, with so many people showing up to throw the same disc, you are going to see a variety of bad ways of throwing it, and then a small handful who can perfectly dial it in after just a few throws. This is true of any disc they throw out there, so I would never blame the disc.

I hit two aces with it last year, sadly one was during practice and the other during our after Ace Race fun round. It was fun to throw, but it could not find a way into my bag. I do know several people who still use it though.

That is the funny thing about ace races, with so many people showing up to throw the same disc, you are going to see a variety of bad ways of throwing it, and then a small handful who can perfectly dial it in after just a few throws. This is true of any disc they throw out there, so I would never blame the disc.

I hit two aces with it last year, sadly one was during practice and the other during our after Ace Race fun round. It was fun to throw, but it could not find a way into my bag. I do know several people who still use it though.
The biggest problem was that about 100% of the 90% that couldn't throw it had insane OAT. =)

They literally couldn't get it to not flip on a 100' throw, and looked at me like I'd just summoned up a world eating demon from thin air when I threw it on a 280' laser beam without any hyzer. Missed the basket by about 2.5' on that one... =)

Ignorant kids... NO disc is a bad disc, they just aren't right for you. I find it fascinating that people can't wrap their head around this.

Exhibit A: The Epic
Exhibit B: 10 M Brick
Exhibit C: No. 1 Roller

Ah, don't mind those. You're right....no bad discs. What was I thinking? It's not that they're bad discs - they're simply just not right for anybody.

Exhibit A: The Epic
Exhibit B: 10 M Brick
Exhibit C: No. 1 Roller

Ah, don't mind those. You're right....no bad discs. What was I thinking? It's not that they're bad discs - they're simply just not right for anybody.
There are a few people who would disagree with you on the Epic.

All of you that are trying to disprove me are just helping me prove that the world is full of arrogant/ignorant people...

You're being pretty judgmental and dramatic here bud, and there are some pretty craptastic discs out there. There's no point in going on a moral crusade in these MVP threads or on these boards at all. If you don't ignore the stupid stuff on here you're going to give yourself a stroke or an ulcer or something. Taking it way too seriously!

You're being pretty judgmental and dramatic here bud, and there are some pretty craptastic discs out there. There's no point in going on a moral crusade in these MVP threads or on these boards at all. If you don't ignore the stupid stuff on here you're going to give yourself a stroke or an ulcer or something. Taking it way too seriously!

Not taking things seriously, I'm being open minded/realistic.

There are a few people who would disagree with you on the Epic.
The Epic is absolutely amazing and even more amazing are those who throw it over 400'. You really have to see it to believe it. Plus regular Joes like us can throw that for a tight spiral on your overhand shots so if you're throwing downhill on a tight fairway or over something and you really don't want you rdisc to fade left or right much throw that Epic.

The 10 Meter Brick was a very fun disc. I remember when Quest was the talk of the town the way MVP is now. I still can't believe the PDGA approved the Ion considereding some of the designs they rejected from companies like Quest.

dear mvp,

its been said a tons of times so i am gonna say it again. Please release a base line for your putters. I recently went back to the challenger for my putting putter because of the base plastic feel. The anode and the ion are great, but they could be fantastic in base line type of plastic. I could care less about a driver i know its coming please for the love of everything sacred give us base line!!!!!

Is it just me or isn't the overmold fairly basline-ish? I know it's very durable, but it certainly isn't slick like Champ/Z/ESP/Star/MVP Core plastic. Ions and Anodes seem to really stick to the chains very well.

Is it just me or isn't the overmold fairly basline-ish? I know it's very durable, but it certainly isn't slick like Champ/Z/ESP/Star/MVP Core plastic. Ions and Anodes seem to really stick to the chains very well.
I'd say "rubbery" instead of baseline'ish.

Latest posts