• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Lighting wasn't bad, they just didn't last.

But anyway. Has anyone else had issues driving anodes. Namely oat creeping into ones throw and release issues due to the curved rim? I think I have a way to remedy the rim... but we will see on a day less windy.

Yeah I have had driving issues with it.. I had to use the Buzzz instead lately. I still use the Anode for approaching though. & those longggg putts :) I LOVE THE ANODE!! :)

Ignorant kids... NO disc is a bad disc, they just aren't right for you. I find it fascinating that people can't wrap their head around this.

Not jumping on your nuts like everyone else, but the Groove is just awful. Maybe someone can launch it far, but that mold is no hand's friend.

Lighting wasn't bad, they just didn't last.

But anyway. Has anyone else had issues driving anodes. Namely oat creeping into ones throw and release issues due to the curved rim? I think I have a way to remedy the rim... but we will see on a day less windy.

I thought the same thing myself. I was told that that with practice they were great for drives. Honestly, I still only like the Ion for driving, but I must say the Anode is just a great approach disc. Just dead straight for me, not much fade.

What's this remedy? Do tell. The Anode doesn't seem to like anything more than 5 or 10 mph in my experience. Mainly why I have come to love putting with the Ion, there's always wind here in the Appalachians.

Not jumping on your nuts like everyone else, but the Groove is just awful. Maybe someone can launch it far, but that mold is no hand's friend.

I thought the same thing myself. I was told that that with practice they were great for drives. Honestly, I still only like the Ion for driving, but I must say the Anode is just a great approach disc. Just dead straight for me, not much fade.

What's this remedy? Do tell. The Anode doesn't seem to like anything more than 5 or 10 mph in my experience. Mainly why I have come to love putting with the Ion, there's always wind here in the Appalachians.

I have a friend who throws a groove as a skip disc and hes damn good with it on heavily wooded holes. I think its a horrible disc (for me). He keeps two of them on hand in his bag.

Vibramesque? :D
Mmmmmmmm not really. Haven't tried the soft ones yet (only med and stiff), but the overmold plastic more brings to mind putter R-Pro than Vibram's rubber.
The real reason why the Groove is so bad is the inconsistency. There are some Grooves out there (I know, I had one) that are good distance discs, between the Boss and Katana in stability though with a bit less glide. But then again some are amazingly fliptastic, some are more overstable than any FB you've ever seen (I might be exaggerating a bit), and there really is no way of telling before you throw them.

Out of the good ones, the only real problems with them are the lower glide compared to other drivers, and the nose angle sensitivity (seems to be common to the grooved rim discs, the Monarch suffers from this too). The good Grooves really are not that bad, but taking the inconsistencies into account the mold is just horrible.

I'm really starting to figure out all the subtleties to driving this disc and I can say that it is mind blowing what you can do with it off the tee.

Dead straight 250-320' line drives - check
Straight with some fade drives up to 250' - check
All degree of hyzer shots - check
Smaller L2R Annies that hold all the way past 250' - check
Shorter more extreme annies that hold all the way - check
Slight flex shots - check
High shots that go out straight and then fade down - check

Go play a round with just this disc.

I'm really starting to figure out all the subtleties to driving this disc and I can say that it is mind blowing what you can do with it off the tee.

It is amazing what just this disc will do. I played 2 rounds yesterday with just an anode and a Blizzard Wraith. 2 of my best rounds ever. It is nice to never have to put any thought into what disc to throw.

You are describing pretty much every neutral to stable putter out there.

Could you please explain how these two things are possible with the same disc? Does a "flex" shot not fade its way out of an anhyzer by its very definition?

You are describing pretty much every neutral to stable putter out there.

yeah no, let's see you get out your putter and make a video proving me wrong. i've spent hours in my yard driving putters and nothing really comes close to versatility and ability to hold lines like an anode.

the only thing even close is a wizard, it has the versatility but doesn't hold lines nearly as well.

Could you please explain how these two things are possible with the same disc? Does a "flex" shot not fade its way out of an anhyzer by its very definition?

it's all dependent on the angle and speed you're putting on it. if i put a good amount of anny and speed on it'll hold all the way, if you back off a bit and lessen the angle you can get a flex shot of it.

it's all dependent on the angle and speed you're putting on it. if i put a good amount of anny and speed on it'll hold all the way, if you back off a bit and lessen the angle you can get a flex shot of it.

That's what I thought you meant. Implying a shorter extreme anny that would hold to the ground seemed to contradict a "slight flex" shot in my mind though.

Simple addition of nose up would also suffice. You slow the disc down enough, it's going to fade.

Wow! Back to your regular scheduled programming. Any who, took the anode to the course with my roc and challenger. Man who the heck needs rocs! The anode is really screwing with my bag. It's a mid discussed as a putter. Drives, approaches does it all. the challengers are banging chains all over the place for me lately. It's probably the new putter effect, but the switch to a base line putter has done wonders. I think that putting with the anode made me a better putter, even though I'm not putting with it. Is that weird?

Forums aren't just for dickriding buddy.

Over looked this earlier, just because multiple dumbasses have challenged UPS' statements doesn't mean I'm riding his dick...it means he has a ****ing brain. This isn't a pissing contest, just stop with the banter and talk disc golf.

was it really necessary to bring a gun, I mean logic, to a slap fight?

354yk6.jpg
:D

Oh and MRGLASS, not at all. The spin (or lack there of) involved in putting with MVP discs is a great tool, whether people realize it or not. Just because they weren't for you doesn't mean you didn't gain something from them:thmbup:

I think that putting with the anode made me a better putter, even though I'm not putting with it. Is that weird?

How so? And why would you move away from it? I like my medium Anode for approaching/anyhyzers, but I wish I had a soft to putt with. But I'm not too picky about the grip. The soft is nice, but I still use the medium for putting.

Latest posts