• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I'm in love with the anode, and have had zero problems with it spitting through but "Anodes Law: If it can roll, it will roll."

these things sure are bright

asWvr.jpg

Just bought 3 anodes, 1 medium, 1 soft, and 1 eclipse, all in the navy blue. Can't wait to get them when I get back from Austria and Italy!

Spitouts

I have had several, I mean several spitouts the past week with both my soft ion and anode from various distances, but mostly the easy 10-20 ft range without a lot of power behind the putts.

What makes it even worse, is that I have been hitting the chains dead center. The disc (without hitting the pole) flips up / and falls out the other side.

Is this a common occurance with MVPs softs?
Fyi the temp was in the 90's

I have had several, I mean several spitouts the past week with both my soft ion and anode from various distances, but mostly the easy 10-20 ft range without a lot of power behind the putts.

What makes it even worse, is that I have been hitting the chains dead center. The disc (without hitting the pole) flips up / and falls out the other side.

Is this a common occurance with MVPs softs?
Fyi the temp was in the 90's

I've only had it once, on the worst baskets ever (kingpin) it wasn't the discs in my case tho because the same was happening to vibram, kcs, and whatnot. It could just be your putting style, or a combo of the disc and your putting style. But if it was fine before, and now it's not, I'm going to assume the disc hasn't changed...

I usually do fine with both the soft anode and ion, but the past four rounds have been great throws with bad luck. I usually play two rounds at a time. (one round with ion, one round with anode)
I really like the soft anode an ion and normally in the -5 to -6 range per round with each.
After the first 30 holes, I was +2 with 5 spitouts. I ended the two rounds with a -1 only bc I switched to my Cyrstal Challenger and ended the round by hitting birdies on 4 of the last 6 holes.

I did notice that most of the spitouts were defleted down initially by the chains to this angle /
the fell out the other side.

Should I look into a medium? or just say it wasnt my day and pray they stay the next round lol

I have noticed that softs are wayyyyyy soft in the heat. My mediums ( which are softer for mediums ) work way better in this heat. Hitting the chains at that angle / with a soft i can see the soft flexing right through. The regular anode/ion should remain rigid enough to not flex through the chains. Me and the mvp putters are fighting right now and I have grounded them for putting. Not because of spit outs but because of the humidity and slickness. I feel that the regular mvp's may help, but do not discount a bad luck kinda day.

I may have to try a medium. I didnt notice much diff in the softness with the heat. It was maybe a touch more flexiable, but nothing like what happens to my crystal flx in the heat. I just have trouble deciding which putter to choose....ion or andoe....i do so well with both lol.

is there any flight difference between the soft and the mediums? I apologize because this has probably been answered. I have a soft anode that I love, got lured on the UV ice blue which is pretty cool. Next day I realized they had great glow discs so I got a glow axis. Might pick up a glow anode for two disc rounds. I do like the soft, especially for putting, but I do not know about the flight characteristics of each, if they are different. Thanks!

las8 the flights are nearly identical it comes down to feel. I prefer regulars/mediums off the tee because of the flex the soft has. but again its feel.

las8 the flights are nearly identical it comes down to feel. I prefer regulars/mediums off the tee because of the flex the soft has. but again its feel.

I agree, I carry a medium and soft Glow and a regular soft and I can't really tell any difference in flight. Since I don't like the feel of the soft for long approach or tee shots a medium is a must in the bag. The soft is probably the best putter out there imho.

another note, if you are buying some softs i'd get the glows, they are much easier to find on the course and of course they glow for those glow rounds in the fall.

The softs are a little more stable all around. Won't turn as easily, and Have a bit more fade. I use softs for driving purposes because they won't get squirrelly when a lot of torque is applied.

another note, if you are buying some softs i'd get the glows, they are much easier to find on the course and of course they glow for those glow rounds in the fall.

Just be sure to keep one glow disc in the dark if you want it to glow for a while. The eclipse my friend throws daily wont charge up at night any more.

Awesome, thanks for the quick responses. I might have to buy a regular axis too so I can have a set for the day and night. I hope my glow axis is in the mail today, anxious to toss it.

Awesome, thanks for the quick responses. I might have to buy a regular axis too so I can have a set for the day and night. I hope my glow axis is in the mail today, anxious to toss it.
I might give that one more day to arrive Adam. First class mail is actually pretty speedy but it usually takes a full 3 days for my shipments to reach the midwest yet they'll get to San Diego in 2 days. It's weird but fairly consistent.

I REALLY hope you're Adam by the way ;)

The softs are a little more stable all around. Won't turn as easily, and Have a bit more fade. I use softs for driving purposes because they won't get squirrelly when a lot of torque is applied.

This is my experience with driving and long approaches too. If I need uber straight in the 125'-175' range I'll break out the medium but anything longer or with a good wind and the soft is the ultimate driving/approaching putter.

Latest posts