• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I might give that one more day to arrive Adam. First class mail is actually pretty speedy but it usually takes a full 3 days for my shipments to reach the midwest yet they'll get to San Diego in 2 days. It's weird but fairly consistent.

I REALLY hope you're Adam by the way ;)

You are pretty sharp my friend.

Placed 12th at a tournament yesterday getting 15 dollars in funny money so I picked up a bright medium eclipse Anode for 17 dollars so I can say I payed 2 dollars! Haha this thing looks sick and I can't wait to try it out today and see what I am missing!

Bringing this thread back to say that I am quickly becoming enamored with the Anode. I bought a Neutron for my wife a couple weeks back, and after becoming disenchanted with my Pure I gave it a few tosses over the weekend. Money off the tee. I have been throwing it on the practice basket all week and really learning what it likes and how it operates. I have black Neutron on the way (I will henceforth refer to it as the "Blanode") and am thinking of picking up a Soft Proton to accompany it.

Anyway, I felt like MVP wasn't getting enough love on the boards lately, so I thought I would add some. ;)

Not that it needs mentioning, but the Anode is in my opinion a truly classic disc. It can hold any line you put it on and can seemingly take any amount of power. It is maybe the most stable disc I've ever thrown. Not a lot of people throw them that I've seen, but people are always commenting on the lines that disc can handle (I probably throw it around 50% of my throws). I hit a field ace with one yesterday at leagues, the second in two weeks.

I think I'm dropping the Aviar p&a for the Anode. I have two soft proton Anodes, and I was draining putts in a 15 mph wind. The Anode grabs the chains better than any putter I have ever tried. I almost felt like I was cheating.

I recently lost out on an Anode on ebay - the research I did on the dics makes me think I should just get out the plastic and get this plastic. Not feeling the Aviar of late, although gloves might have something to do with that....

Just switched to the Anode from a Pure, but I've also thrown the P&A. Get the Anode in Neutron or Proton Soft, it is so nice to throw.

Played a money round today. Comes down to the last hole. My opponent is parked for a likely tie, and I'm 40+ feet out after my short drive with water behind and to the strong side of the basket. He says, "You gonna lay up for the playoff, or are you gonna go for it?" I told him, "Lay up? I'm gonna run." Black Neutron Anode in the air, perfect chain splash. Money in my pocket. Opponent says, "I can't even be mad."

I got a couple of soft anodes for the winter thinking I might like that plastic better, but today I was on the course at sunrise in 38 degree windy weather, and I was still draining putts with my regular proton anode. The plastic was really stiff, but I didn't have a problem with it.

Stiffer than when it was warmer was what I was getting at. I was afraid the regular plastic might become more slick as it got stiffer and my hands got colder and drier. I don't care for soft putters, but I figured in the cooler air that they would firm up to the stiffness of the regular proton.

I'll find out for myself if the soft putter in cooler weather is false over the coming weeks if it stays cool like this. I still want to give them a try.

I get a cut-through once or twice a round on my home courses, and yesterday I had three, so I am wondering if a softer putter would help with that or not. I know the older baskets have a lot to do with it, because I may get one every two rounds or so on other courses with newer baskets, but that still seems like a lot to me. Trying out a slightly softer putter is a lot easier than changing my putting style.

I was able to test my soft Anode on the course today. I mistakenly thought this disc would be dead straight, like a Zeppelin. The fade at the end was a bit surprising. I bought it for straight approach shots, and so far it handles very well. I just need to keep throwing it so it beats in a bit to get that zero fade flight I want. I have a feeling it'll take a while.

The soft Proton plastic feels great for a the fan grip I use for short (60-130 feet) approaches. It's nice and grippy, and flexible. The only thing I'd switch it for would be a soft Neutron Anode, if they're released.

So, while the Anode has more LSS than I hoped for, it will stay in the bag for now.

I was able to test my soft Anode on the course today. I mistakenly thought this disc would be dead straight, like a Zeppelin. The fade at the end was a bit surprising. I bought it for straight approach shots, and so far it handles very well. I just need to keep throwing it so it beats in a bit to get that zero fade flight I want. I have a feeling it'll take a while.

The soft Proton plastic feels great for a the fan grip I use for short (60-130 feet) approaches. It's nice and grippy, and flexible. The only thing I'd switch it for would be a soft Neutron Anode, if they're released.

So, while the Anode has more LSS than I hoped for, it will stay in the bag for now.

I've got about 10 soft Anodes, and the domier/higher shouldered ones fade and the flat ones don't. My flat red one is what you were looking for...dead straight on approaches with hardly any fade at all, and a slow understable turn when powered. It has taken some beating, but it was pretty straight to start.

I've got about 10 soft Anodes, and the domier/higher shouldered ones fade and the flat ones don't. My flat red one is what you were looking for...dead straight on approaches with hardly any fade at all, and a slow understable turn when powered. It has taken some beating, but it was pretty straight to start.

This one that I bought is pretty much the first Anode I've had a chance to look at closely. It's a pink one, that's flat, and even slightly concave.

I don't really know what to look for in the "shoulder" though, and have nothing to compare it to.

Since the Ion is my putter, I don't need to buy a bunch of Anodes, so this one will be fun beating it.

This is usually based on feel...At 30-40 degrees a soft will feel exactly like a medium/regular at 70-80 degrees.

This is very true. That was my only gripe with MVP initially. Proton plastic feels like a slick dinner plate in the winter. That's since been addressed with soft and Neutron. I've always switched to softer putters in the winter. I threw Yetis for a while and I would switch to JKs in the cold since they are essentially the same disc just different plastic. I have REALLY been putting well with the Anode lately though. I like the Ion/Anode combo for drives and appraoches as well. I fought it for a while but I can't deny the great results I get with them.

This one that I bought is pretty much the first Anode I've had a chance to look at closely. It's a pink one, that's flat, and even slightly concave.

I don't really know what to look for in the "shoulder" though, and have nothing to compare it to.

Since the Ion is my putter, I don't need to buy a bunch of Anodes, so this one will be fun beating it.

You've got the straight kind of soft Anode, it will just take a little beating. I gave my straight/understable Anode a little help beating in with some concrete...