• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I love putting with my soft anodes. I use mediums for upshots and get out of crap shots. I personally didn't really care for the neutron, too stiff.

Also have some Eclipse ones too!

Are any of these floppy at all? What's the softest putter they offer?
I would never call any of the MVP discs floppy.

Soft Proton/Eclipse/Neutron (Ion only) are as soft as they get and I would say they're more supple than they ever are floppy. If you took away the overmold, maybe they'd be floppy, but when I think floppy I'm thinking Vibram Soft, Gateway 4s, and Blowfly/Gumbputt flop.

I would never call any of the MVP discs floppy.

Soft Proton/Eclipse/Neutron (Ion only) are as soft as they get and I would say they're more supple than they ever are floppy. If you took away the overmold, maybe they'd be floppy, but when I think floppy I'm thinking Vibram Soft, Gateway 4s, and Blowfly/Gumbputt flop.
I call my soft Magnet, but not my soft Judge floppy. No experience with those you mentioned.

I probably shouldn't switch putters every time I lose one, but I was thinking about trying an Anode. Just because I've never used an MVP disc. And it looks nice and workable, from flight charts.

One problem I was having with my Summit was when I missed putts, it went pretty far past the basket, so I had another putt from the same distance away. How's the Anode's stability when thrown putting distance? The summit just goes straight forever.

And is there a notable difference between Neutron, Proton, and Eclipse Proton? Other than Eclipse looks cool >.>

Quoted from me, in my bag thread~ I figured this was a better place to ask.

^^ If there is a difference in flight, I haven't noticed it.

Most putters are very similar inside the circle. You only see a difference if you go to extremes in stability, like Anode vs Zone. Or Summit vs Pig.

The difference in flight at "putting distance" for the Anode, and Summit really won't be different enough to matter. The Anode goes straight forever too, if you get good snap on your putt.

anode is pretty darn straight and you might want to check out an ION for a little more added stability to your putters if you want something with fade. Neutron anodes IMO are good for driving and upshots but I prefer proton for putts with only difference in those being some are soft runs which have a lot more gummy feel and flexibility to them. MVP has only premium plastic though so they take a little time to break-in and get tackier.. can be slick when brand new.

Well I do like soft putters. But we'll see when I get to the store. I'm only getting one. I think >.> I'll get whichever one is prettiest :p

I don't think I'll mind if it's slick, the Summit was being a little too sticky.

I think I'd like the Anode over the Ion, I like my putter/approacher/driver to be straight-understable. Although I don't think the Anode is understable.

Then you want a Soft Proton Eclipse Anode. Pretty, grippy, gummy, straight goodness.

The anode is super straight and it's my go-to 200' and under anhyzer disc so it can hold those understable lines too. It basically does what you tell it with maybe a slight bit of fade added into those lines when it's brand new.

Well I do like soft putters. But we'll see when I get to the store. I'm only getting one. I think >.> I'll get whichever one is prettiest :p

I don't think I'll mind if it's slick, the Summit was being a little too sticky.

I think I'd like the Anode over the Ion, I like my putter/approacher/driver to be straight-understable. Although I don't think the Anode is understable.

I'd order from Communitydiscs.com. His Anodes are cheap and so is shipping ($1). I just ordered 2 soft blanks from him!

As for my anodes, played a round yesterday and I should've just taken my 2 Anodes. 1 medium for drives/mid and 1 soft for putts. My drivers were anemic, but when I threw those guys, it was like I knew what I was doing! :p

After some field work and some disappointing rounds with the ion, the anode has officially taken it out of the bag. The anode seems to hold up better in the wind and the bead on the ion messes with me sometimes. The anode is a bomber off the tee and I love that I can rip into it and it goes dead nits straight with a tiny fade. Using m anodes to putt in the Warner weather too loving it! Put in 3 putts today over 60 feet. Sorry I flirted with the judge for a bit but the anode is back and now my only putter mold aside from the zone.