• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I just snagged a Medium Eclipse over on DD for like $11! What a steal. I am still waiting for the Plasma and Electron as well. Anode is by far my favorite putter ever.

I've moved on from my anodes, I have 3 if anyone is interested.

I found I like flatter beefy disc better for putting... I.e. Atom and Rhyno

Just got an Eclipse Anode. Was at PIAS for cheap and in a nice color. Looking forward to seeing how it flies.

It looks out of place with the Touches and Wizards in my putter pile.

I have a second run Ion with the molding set low erasing most of the bead. It has the sand blasted feel underneath. How similar would an Anode be if I needed to replace it

IMO they are pretty similar. BroD might argue differently and the texture does give a little uniqueness but anode is the choice if you want a production run similar. Anode is a beadless ion

i wanna get a atom and get rid of my a nodes, they r so old fashioned now like caset tapes LOL !
hmmm...

index.php

With all of the "Insanity" going on in the other thread, I forgot to mention the Anode. Unfortunately, I didn't toss it too much, but it feels as wonderful as the Plasma Ion. The color of that disc is bellísimo. It's a sparkle deep blue, that colorshifts with greenish gold. I know that other manufacturers have similar plastic, but Plasma may be on par with the best there is. Looks so nice I barely want to throw it.

For the couple of throws I did get in, it fits like an old glove. Comfortable as the Ion, with a similar flight as well. It had been a long time since I threw an Anode, and I forgot how I enjoyed it's easy, straight goodness. The plastic alone on this version makes it worth a try, and I think it might have other players falling in love all over again.

Sounds awesome, can't wait to try this out. Love the Anode

I went golfing yesterday and forgot to grab my anode out of my practice basket. I had an Envy in the bag and it did ok, but I missed the Anode.

Took the plasma anode out for a run today along with a eclipse and neutron. The plasma have a higher PLH and shoulder but oddly fly the same. I expected it to have some more LSS when eyeing them up initially and was really surprised to see the difference but mashing them into some winds today all of the anodes flew very similar.

This small session with the disc really reminded me how fun it is to drive with. SO straight it brought me back to the pure/pa4 putter days. The anode was one of the first MVP discs which really sold me on the company and now I remember why. It is so easy to shape different lines with this disc while not being too overstable or understable. truly a perfect stable putter and the plasma is a great addition to any anode lovers bag. I am even considering putting one in and using it like a slower tangent. The plastic looks so nice its hard not to want to bag one!

They're making this in Plasma? OK... I'm placing an order. The Anode is a great disc, and that plastic is crazy looking.

I dont bag my Anode bcz I'm trying to keep a Trilogy only bag. That is the only reason. One of the best discs for single disc rounds. One of my favorite putters to put with, and other than a Harp (which is borderline Mid), my favorite putter to drive with.

I noticed the higher PLH as well, and wonder how it will affect the flight. Grip and feel in hand is amazing but I want to test it this weekend to see how it holds up. I'm also sceptical of using it in place of my soft protons.

My plasma Anode seems noticeably more stable than my prior Anodes out of the box on tee shots.

Its not. I compared it with a beat up and lighter soft proton as well as fresh and new neutron. I never have found anodes to be ANYTHING but stable and truly one of the straightest discs on the market across low and high power as well as given minor form flaws and nose/release angles.

If anything a TOUCH of extra LSS but these anodes still do not fade out.

FWIW I expected it to be slightly OS compared to the stock ones I already had but first few throws into a headwind showed that wasn't the case at all. I wouldn't want someone to pick up a plasma anode and expect even the ion stability. Its a anode that looks nice and doesn't have a puddle top, yet. . . lol

I've a couple on the way regardless. New and pretty plastic is enough reason for a couple new anodes.

They won't replace my best in neutron for putting duties, but I look forward to trying them for approaches and off the tee.

Last edited:

Latest posts