• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I was wondering who snagged that Relay.. Luckily I got 3 at 165 already :D..

While we are at it.... My blue plasma Monogamy haha Monocacy wave should have come with a disclaimer too, I had to fish that out of deep bush past the basket a couple times. I might have to go back to my old one that doesn't fly so far... :D or just use the green ones I got from him, I think he only half mojo'd the greens.

While we are at it.... My blue plasma Monogamy haha Monocacy wave should have come with a disclaimer too, I had to fish that out of deep bush past the basket a couple times. I might have to go back to my old one that doesn't fly so far... :D or just use the green ones I got from him, I think he only half mojo'd the greens.

Heh. Must be my special knack for hitting trees juuuuuust right. :D

***checks out Monocacys marketplace thread****

....he's got insanities.....
.....and wraths.......
.....and a crave

and I bag/love them all.....

And probably should have more backups....

Guaranteed to fly 20'+ further than any of your other discs!!!!

My only regret was how many would fit in the box.
(Ymmv)

Not sure.. But I checked the pre-order for #3 of artists self portrait Mike Inscho sheet thingy.. No date given for delivery but they are printing it on fission Waves so... soon?

I thought the date was 14 August.
Really looking forward to the Waves... Waves and Trace have been my distance drivers lately.

Been messing with an Octane too but any 23mm+ rimmed disc is finnickier than I want. I just don't have the control to maximize their capabilities.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to the Waves... Waves and Trace have been my distance drivers lately.

Been messing with an Octane too but any 23mm+ rimmed disc is finnickier than I want. I just don't have the control to maximize their capabilities.

If you can find a sub-165g Octane you might have better luck. I bag a 164g now and have a couple as back up but much easier to get to speed. I prefer them in Neutron. I find Proton in these thick rims really hard and glassy. I have a 165g Proton Octane as well that is staring to get beat in nicely as well.

I bag a 164g now and have a couple as back up but much easier to get to speed...
I don't have a problem getting it up to speed. My issue is more with the nose angles. I'm so used to the forgiving speed 6/7 class discs that I'm spoiled and lazy.
FWIW, mine is 167g Neutron.

now the wave is out in fission would love to see an octane or nitro in fission as well.

I'm likewise excited. Just started throwing a wave this year as my first "big boy" driver. Ive been setting distance bests* with it almost every throw. I'm excited to hopefully get a few more plastic options, hopefully bringing along a few stability options. My plasma wave crushes, but it could use some siblings with either a touch more, or a touch less, stability.

*Disclaimer* fairly noodle armed. Personal best drive came this past weekend. 340' on a golf line.

*Disclaimer* fairly noodle armed. Personal best drive came this past weekend. 340' on a golf line.

340 on a golf line is not too shabby at all! Many people Who claim to throw 350'+ are surprised when they get to a 350' hole and come up 100' short ;) So legit 340' at the course is great!

I have measured throws over 500' but I am NOT a 500' thrower. I'm conservative in my estimates so I will consider myself a 400' thrower. The Wave has gotten me 450 on wide open holes but it needs lots of room to get that distance. When I throw them, I'm expecting 400' and usually get a little more. Sometimes a lot more when I accidentally do a few things right.

overall, I have 10 or more waves. I really don't have that many considering that number is divided into several plastics. The Protons seem to be the most overstable for me but lose a tiny bit of glide. I have 2 plasmas and one is super understable. The other has more stability but is more under stable than my Neutrons. Neutron seems to be my happy middle ground for speed, glide, stability, and distance. I'm really looking forward to these cosmics Because I hope they bring a little extra beef.

340 on a golf line is not too shabby at all! Many people Who claim to throw 350'+ are surprised when they get to a 350' hole and come up 100' short ;) So legit 340' at the course is great!

I'm really looking forward to these cosmics Because I hope they bring a little extra beef.

Well thanks for that boost haha. I had to measure it to make sure, and, per Udisc, it was 340'. I was pretty stoked. I was struggling to hit a consistent 300' at seasons start.

And that's my hope with the Cosmics too. My plasma wave is a bit on the touchy side, and I have had a few throws that flipped more than I wished they would. I don't need a meat hook (if I did, I'd throw a beefier mold) but something I can lean on, not always perfectly clean, and have it at least fight out some would be great. Once my plasma flips, it isn't coming back.

I have one Cosmic Plasma Wave and it is slightly more overstable than my most overstable Plasma.
Hopefully that trend continues with the Cosmic Neutron! We only have 2 weeks until it is released so we'll find out soon enough :)
I'm supposed to play a round at a ball golf course on the release day... one of my card mates is a MVP dealer and he's supposed to bring the Fissions and Cosmic Neutron (assuming they show up in time). Fingers crossed!

I have one Cosmic Plasma Wave and it is slightly more overstable than my most overstable Plasma.
Hopefully that trend continues with the Cosmic Neutron! We only have 2 weeks until it is released so we'll find out soon enough :)
I'm supposed to play a round at a ball golf course on the release day... one of my card mates is a MVP dealer and he's supposed to bring the Fissions and Cosmic Neutron (assuming they show up in time). Fingers crossed!

Lucky you! We (maybe just I?) Eagerly await your findings!

Nope I'm real curious too.. If fission holds true to what I think it will do it should be all the turn and a touch more fade than a plasma.. And 10g weight jumps should be a great way to single mold for various needs. I'm pretty happy with a neutron (stable) and plasma (fliptastic control).

If there was one on my weird want list that I probably can't throw it would be a fission Mayhem.

Hs6nLJP.jpg

Also fell prey to plastic sickness.. More MarmO envy's.. I was late to the party but the guy was cool and parted with a double stamp, which apparently are more valuable?! :D oh well they're throwers haha. 163 purple and 165 double stamp reddish.. I was going to throw the double.. First.. Now I don't know. Haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.