• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] watt

I've been digging the Watt, it's seems like a hybrid of many good qualities stolen from their other molds. It's a line holding machine, reasonable glide but not too much. Great placement disc and short tunnel runner. It seems to have better glide at low speeds than many of their other putters but more of a medium glide at distance.
So far, I just started bagging my Watt to use on approach shots that are just a little too long for my putting putters (Soft Magnets or similar). I fan grip only, because I suck throwing putters with my power grip, so for me, age 54, playing 3-4 months, that means SM out to about 90-100 feet, then Watt seems to get maybe another 25 feet, give or take. I still suck with mid ranges, and I have Makko3, Roc3, Truth, Fuse, Buzzz, and more. Watt, as a putting putter, is not quite straight enough for me, though I seem to be doing better with it as it wears in some. Maybe it will get more useful to me in the future.

So far, I just started bagging my Watt to use on approach shots that are just a little too long for my putting putters (Soft Magnets or similar). I fan grip only, because I suck throwing putters with my power grip, so for me, age 54, playing 3-4 months, that means SM out to about 90-100 feet, then Watt seems to get maybe another 25 feet, give or take. I still suck with mid ranges, and I have Makko3, Roc3, Truth, Fuse, Buzzz, and more. Watt, as a putting putter, is not quite straight enough for me, though I seem to be doing better with it as it wears in some. Maybe it will get more useful to me in the future.
That's weird that it's longer than a soft magnet, I used to throw those in the way back years. 46 over here but I identify as a 55yr old man... 😄 The magnet should hyzerflip for some solid distance, especially on upshot, it's slower than the Watt but much glidier.

The Watt will pitch faster on a lower line, very Buzzz like, no extra glide or distance for me. Good middle of the road, average thrower, self correcting placement disc.. exceedingly average to the point of consistently awesome... but no extra distance over here...it holds an angle better than I expect, fights light wind reasonably and likes pushing straight with a little forgiveness.

Testing will continue....

Last edited:
That's weird that it's longer than a soft magnet, I used to throw those in the way back years. 46 over here but I identify as a 55yr old man... 😄 The magnet should hyzerflip for some solid distance, especially on upshot, it's slower than the Watt but much glidier.

The Watt will pitch faster on a lower line, very Buzzz like, no extra glide or distance for me. Good middle of the road, average thrower, self correcting placement disc.. exceedingly average to the point of consistently awesome... but no extra distance over here...it holds an angle better than I expect, but likes pushing straight with a little forgiveness.
So far I am only throwing putters flat, fan grip, like a long spin putt. No hyzer. My Soft Magnets are okay for distance this way, and so far I only used Watt for this purpose for one round, but I definitely got more distance than with my SMs. I played two discs, and if my first SM maxed throw came up short, I threw Watt second and added distance - enough so I plan to bag it for that purpose until/unless I find something better for it. Watt definitely got me more glide than my SMs. Power grip - so far I suck with putters and mids - I only use it for fairway and distance drivers.

The Watt will pitch faster on a lower line, very Buzzz like, no extra glide or distance for me. Good middle of the road, average thrower, self correcting placement disc.. exceedingly average to the point of consistently awesome... but no extra distance over here...it holds an angle better than I expect, fights light wind reasonably and likes pushing straight with a little forgiveness.

Testing will continue....
Agree, now that you point it out, my son and nephew both throw Buzzz, and my Watt, hard throw fan grip, did have a similar look - that long, low, straight glide. I guess it is my baby Buzzz!

Agree, now that you point it out, my son and nephew both throw Buzzz, and my Watt, hard throw fan grip, did have a similar look - that long, low, straight glide. I guess it is my baby Buzzz!
Well now that you mention it....
After I suggested it.....

and I think about it.....

😄 I'm using it almost exactly like I used to use my buzzz, many extra feet ago. Haha. The hole I ctp'd I always recommend something like a buzzz. Something with a little turn, little fade and rounded wing. Something that doesn't grab extra air, or cut it.. just passes through it.

Is the Fierce a good putting putter? Especially for someone that likes a straight putter, and wants to improve percentages at 30-60 feet?
Absolutely! The biggest problem I've had with them, is if you're a spin putter, misses can be BIG misses. They have so much glide, that an airball can easily be longer than the putt you missed, if you don't get real good at dialing back the power.

Absolutely! The biggest problem I've had with them, is if you're a spin putter, misses can be BIG misses. They have so much glide, that an airball can easily be longer than the putt you missed, if you don't get real good at dialing back the power.
Thanks. I want one! I think for an aggressive spin putter, which seems to be my category, there will always be a battle trying to find that line, hard enough to not miss short, but not so hard it sails way past on misses. Especially with a higher speed/glide putter like the Fierce. That said, if I don't like it for my regular putter, it should at least compete with my Watt for that spot in my bag that is for shots too long for my regular putter, but I can reach it with a fan grip on a high speed and/or glide putter. Plus, sounds like a fun disc to try out!

Update: Watt with fan grip is my approach disc. Straight, up to 125' easy, maybe 150' now and then. Bagged a Dart my last round, only threw it one time, but it seems to get me similar fan grip approach distance as my Watt. At first I hated the Dart, but I recently switched to a more traditional spin putt, and either that change, or getting a little broke in, but the Dart seems straight and good for my longer spin putts. Going to bag it for a while and see what it does. My Soft Magnets have been dethroned as my putting putters - bagging two Fierces and two Jawbreaker Banger-GTs that are battling for the job for now.

i wanted to like it but its seems like a berg flight wise. and i bag a berg. i was hoping for the glide of the glitch(or at least 3/4 of the glide) with weight and the watt isnt it

i wanted to like it but its seems like a berg flight wise. and i bag a berg. i was hoping for the glide of the glitch(or at least 3/4 of the glide) with weight and the watt isnt it
I haven't thrown a Berg, but aren't they like almost no glide? Berg goes exactly where you throw it and stops? Watt is a glide of 5. Thrown flat, with a fan grip, it easily goes further than most putters. My putting putters, currently Fierce or Jawbreaker Banger-GT, thrown with fan grip, probably max out at about 100', but also don't do as well as my Watt (and Dart) beyond 50'. My Watt, also thrown with fan grip, can get me up to 125-150', and outside 50', it just gets me distance with less effort than most putters, and less effort allows me to be more accurate.

I did a field session last week with the Watt, Total Eclipse Proxy, Neutron Proxy, R2 Atom, R2 Glitch, Neutron Soft Glitch, Neutron Ohm, and Cosmic Neutron Pilot. The Glitch is by far the deepest, followed by the Pilot and the Ohm. The Atom, and Proxy all feel very similar in rim depth and hand feel in general. The Watt feels like a beadless Ohm. Not as deep as the Glitch.

Flight-wise, I don't have the best backhand, but I was throwing them around 220 on average. Obviously, the Glitch is the least stable of the bunch when you give it a bit of juice. Next came the Neutron Proxy and the Ohm. I'll have to play with this a bit as the Ohm being a bit understable surprised me. The R2 Atom and Total Eclipse Proxy were similar, and the straightest flying for me that day. The Watt was next, just a bit more stable than the Atom and Eclipse Proxy. The Pilot was the most stable. The Pilot might be an anomaly. It's a bit slick for me and a bit deep for my small hands, so I suspect this was more a case of early releases than actual overstability.
I have small hands as well. I'm contemplating a watt as I want a putter with more low speed glide than my proxy and envy (that always drop to soon). I don't like deep rims. I get terrible release from the deeper rimmed glitch when throwing power grip. Is the Watt about the same rim depth as an envy/proxy? Is it noticeably glidier than them for putting?

I have small hands as well. I'm contemplating a watt as I want a putter with more low speed glide than my proxy and envy (that always drop to soon). I don't like deep rims. I get terrible release from the deeper rimmed glitch when throwing power grip. Is the Watt about the same rim depth as an envy/proxy? Is it noticeably glidier than them for putting?
It feels a little shallower than then proxy or envy but I believe the specs are pretty much the same.

I didn't notice extra glide but chrisinfl seemed to. I found it nice for approach because it held a little straighter but I thought it dropped faster, which left me better comeback putts. Longer steep downhill it holds real straight for me without flipping or fading too far. Inside the circle it seemed similar to an proxy. Has a nice feel for FH.

I have heard and agree with Watt as being like a heavy weight Glitch. I sat it next to my Proxy, and it is not taller, but it has a very straight rim, and to me it feels deeper from the inside because of the rim design. I throw my Watt with a fan grip, not a power grip, and it is very straight, gentle fade at end, and I currently get it up to about 150'. Great approach disc for me - sits down nice almost every landing - but I like my Jawbreaker Banger-GTs better for putting.

To me, I don't have to throw the Watt hard to get it where I want it - it likes to go accurately, and I know how hard to throw it to land it close to my target. Not having to throw it hard, especially at about 80-110', it allows me to be very accurate. That fast drop Envy mentioned - I agree, but it allows me to land it close to where I want it - no big blow by shots leaving a long come back putt. 110-150', fan grip, I have to throw it with more effort, so I still like it, but not quite as money.

I took the Watt out to play today, to see if I still like it as a replacement for my Z Swirl Fierce that's getting a bit too flippy. I'm continually impressed with how long it flies! It's pretty much identical to a middle-of-its-lifespan seasoned Z Swirl Fierce in terms of stability and distance. Since the Fierce is not only hard to get (2022 Ledgestone edition), and they always carry the "This disc has Paige Pierce's name on them" price hike, I think the Watt is likely to stay in my bag for some time, as a straight-to-flippy approach and throwing putter.

I took the Watt out to play today, to see if I still like it as a replacement for my Z Swirl Fierce that's getting a bit too flippy. I'm continually impressed with how long it flies! It's pretty much identical to a middle-of-its-lifespan seasoned Z Swirl Fierce in terms of stability and distance. Since the Fierce is not only hard to get (2022 Ledgestone edition), and they always carry the "This disc has Paige Pierce's name on them" price hike, I think the Watt is likely to stay in my bag for some time, as a straight-to-flippy approach and throwing putter.
As I improve my form and distance, my other putters are gaining on my Watt, but for an approach shot that I really want to leave close, under 150', straight shot with a gentle fade at the end, the Watt is still my go to money shot. It has earned it's spot in my bag over and over again for those approach shots.

I measured mine. The Watt definitely feels more shallow than the Glitch. The difference between the Envy/Watt/Proxy aren't quite as noticeable.

Atom R2 - 14 mm
Proxy Neutron / Total Eclipse - 14.25 mm
Envy Eclipse - 14.5 mm
Watt Neutron - 15 mm
Glitch R2 / Neutron - 15.5 mm

I think the glide really depends on the individual. I'm not a great backhand player. I typically only use my Glitch inside of 150', my other putters out to about 200'. I find the Glitch definitely has the most glide. The Watt seems really close to the Proxy and the A2 to me. Maybe a bit more glide, but inside of 200', it's not that noticeable for my form.

Yeah I can't quite come to grips on how much glide the Watt has or doesn't. The more I throw it side by side with my most stable glitch (143g) the more I finally see the comparison. I can thread some real straight lines with a more conventional throw than the glitch. I'm getting more slow anhyzer turns out of it, more straight set downs... but with any throw near straight it sure goes straight. Uphill, downhill it doesn't seem to matter

eddz1u.jpg

Threw my pair of watts today. 9 hole course played with both watts, so 18 holes. Mix of fh and bh shots from 200-320'.

Coming off a work injury 2 weeks ago so my impressions may change over time. Not used to the mold yet either of course.

I didn't like them quite as much as my Proxy off the tee. Thrown with a little hyzer they faded a little more than expected. Thrown flat they turned a little more than expected. I'm sure with time I could learn the disc better and gain more control over its flight, but that was my initial impression. I did have a few nice rips with each throwing style in the open field. A few 200-230' flick lasers, and some nice gentle 300-340' backhand hyzers that never flipped all the way up to flat.

They weren't going as far as I'm used to my Proxy flying. I figured the glide would make up for the slower wing but it did not.

The glide was good but nothing amazing vs the Proxy. They both have nice glide for me. Off the tee I don't think they glide much better than a Proxy, but at shorter ranges there seemed to be a bigger difference.

At approach range they show better glide on than the Proxy. I enjoyed approaching with them both fh and bh and found them very intuitive to throw from that range. They felt a little more predictable too, not showing that bit of turn I saw off the tee.

They feel small in my grip vs the envy and proxy. Not sure if its the diameter or rim depth, but not as big a fan of how they sit in my backhand grip compared to those other two putters.

Feels great in my fh grip though.

Didn't expect them to dethrone my proxy or make my bad so not really surprised. Gonna keep working with them though, one quick session coming off a throwing arm injury definitely isn't enough to go by. It's a nice disc, it just throws a little different than what I'm used to.

Think I should shoot a test video with them? Maybe throw 18 holes with them at a shorter course. Maybe bring a Proxy and / or Ohm for comparison?

Last edited: