• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they both already putt with Ions, not sure a different mold would really be necessary

That might be the thing though, kinda looks tall like an ion but the bottom rim looks envy like, toss on a big bead for familiar chunky Aviar feel and it might grab big air and have a solid stability.

Last edited:
That might be the thing though, kinda looks tall like an ion but the bottom rim looks envy like, toss on a big bead for familiar chunky Aviar feel and it might grab big air and have a solid stability.

Im not sure. I watched Conrad throw that thing for 15 holes convinced it was an Ion. Flies identical as far as I could tell. I never would have known had he not been talking to Jerm about it after a hole.

Im not sure. I watched Conrad throw that thing for 15 holes convinced it was an Ion. Flies identical as far as I could tell. I never would have known had he not been talking to Jerm about it after a hole.

That's the thing though, the putter lineup is pretty solid with many sharing flight attributes there's hard overlap. I feel like this is more hand feel/ ego stroking/ keeping your "winning horse" happy kind of situation more than a "we need another putter stat!"

That's the thing though, the putter lineup is pretty solid with many sharing flight attributes there's hard overlap. I feel like this is more hand feel/ ego stroking/ keeping your "winning horse" happy kind of situation more than a "we need another putter stat!"

Can't disagree with that logic.

But if they release this thing in plasma I'm gonna be p***ed......

I doubt it would ever happen, but a Plasma Energy would absolutely bomb...

JC was throwing the Nomad on the GK Skins at Dogwood. He mentioned to Jerm after hole 15 I think. Jerm asked him why it said prototype. It's that green electron putter he was throwing.
I think he played the tournament with it too

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Having watched James Conrad for years, he looks a bit lost in the sea of new plastic between MVP, Axiom, Streamline.

What do you MVP fanatics think about his disc selection at this point?

Having watched James Conrad for years, he looks a bit lost in the sea of new plastic between MVP, Axiom, Streamline.

The only thing I've really noticed is that he seems to be powering up a lot of discs instead of using a more speed appropriate mold i.e. nutting on a Volt while everybody else is throwing Destroyers, etc. You see this a lot with the high Envy usage but I expected that with how sneaky long the Envy is.

Well they will definitely want to make it work for him.. Perhaps his throwing style is too nose up, maybe we should send him a PM.

I haven't been too surprised other than maybe the distance drivers. Seemed to be trying everything there earlier on. Didn't catch what he was throwing at texas states.

Otherwise I don't think anything has been too odd. Seeing him throw a fireball all over in waco (was it waco?) was a little odd. I loved seeing him throw the Insanity in the gk Skins match.

It's gonna take some time I'd imagine to settle into things.

I feel like Conrad has typically preferred to mash on a slower more stable disc so it doesn't surprise me if he leans on the mvp fairway drivers early on. He threw the occasional destroyer or wraith but seems he relied on that purple thunderbird and those kJ teebirds more so the volt seems fitting. Wouldn't be surprised to see him throwing a Tesla either.

The Fireball doesn't surprise me, I think he used to throw a really OS Firebird a lot.

I would also add that gyro discs seem to prefer rotational force over vector force. They are a strong armers nightmare, but fly beautifully for guys with good spin even if you don't throw hard.

If I'm understanding correctly, gyro discs are more unforgiving of nose angle and speed. So when I try them next time, I need to make sure I throw nose down properly and don't "strong arm" them.

Arm speed is still relevant, just not as big of a factor as your snap. If you don't get the disc spinning properly than it will hyzer out way earlier than the numbers would indicate.

I find my gyro discs fly pretty similarly both backhand and forehand, whereas with traditional molds my disc flies way more understable on a flick shot. I can actually flick a Proxy and get it to hold pretty straight rather than turn and burn...thanks to my ugly low spin forehand form :D

Strong arming is a no-no with Gyro. You have got to have a smooth quick release with a lot of spin or you'll fade early - or do what I do - which is watch the discs fly straight and then turnover at 350'. Yuck. I've really struggled to nail down gyro drivers. I blast the mids and putters. The Neutron Atom and Matrix are the best slow speed discs I've ever carried and the Entropy covers so many shots for me. But drivers - ugh. It's an on-going struggle.

The only thing I've really noticed is that he seems to be powering up a lot of discs instead of using a more speed appropriate mold i.e. nutting on a Volt while everybody else is throwing Destroyers, etc. You see this a lot with the high Envy usage but I expected that with how sneaky long the Envy is.

That's not really out of character for him, though. He threw a lot of tbirds and Thunderbirds for distance lines.

Strong arming is a no-no with Gyro. You have got to have a smooth quick release with a lot of spin or you'll fade early - or do what I do - which is watch the discs fly straight and then turnover at 350'..

So just a guess is insanity your main gyro driver?

Those things have a crazy late turn, very cool though. I used to use a 161 Orc for that slot.

How does something like a Crave compare to a Maverick, Squall, Zombee, etc? Using a maverick for that slot right now

How does something like a Crave compare to a Maverick, Squall, Zombee, etc? Using a maverick for that slot right now

Can't really comment on those discs as i haven't thrown them, but i liken my neutron crave to a longer buzzz. Not much turn, not much fade, just a little wiggle on the flight line.

Status
Not open for further replies.