• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know, I'll try one out! I'm going to offer up a bunch of putters to the marketplace here for trades, but will sell some too so I can be pickier about what I get.

Good to know, I'll try one out! I'm going to offer up a bunch of putters to the marketplace here for trades, but will sell some too so I can be pickier about what I get.

I don't suppose you have any Ohms?

Got a glow Praxis on the way since I'm tired of waiting for MVP to restock something besides Envys. On topic, it's Eclipse 2.0 plastic I think.

I don't suppose you have any Ohms?

Got a glow Praxis on the way since I'm tired of waiting for MVP to restock something besides Envys. On topic, it's Eclipse 2.0 plastic I think.

I got a glow pilot, it's missing that ohm goodness... let me know how the praxis works out. The pilots decent but I just don't feel like I get an extended line.

If you end up real hard up I've got a super inked (someone else) purple one I snagged for yard rounds.

My Resistor from early last year is the same beef as the brand new run. Never thrown an early run but, mine are beefy

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Busy week, so not as much time yet as I might like, but I dig it. Good straight flight for a bit, feels more free that way than the Fireball. Definitely the most pronounced skip out of any of my 6.5 speeds. Don't have an older run to compare but I liked it well enough that I ordered another this evening.

I think the forecast is for 24 tomorrow morning as a new course opens in Cartersville and then positively gorgeous and 54 by mid-afternoon Sunday. Will have to use the latter as motivation for the former.

Busy week, so not as much time yet as I might like, but I dig it. Good straight flight for a bit, feels more free that way than the Fireball. Definitely the most pronounced skip out of any of my 6.5 speeds. Don't have an older run to compare but I liked it well enough that I ordered another this evening.

I think the forecast is for 24 tomorrow morning as a new course opens in Cartersville and then positively gorgeous and 54 by mid-afternoon Sunday. Will have to use the latter as motivation for the former.

I'll be videoing the round for Sam, maybe I'll get you on some shots!

I have no point of reference for new vs. old Resistors, but wish the newer Neutrons were a point more HSS. I'm throwing a lab 2nd flat top CN Tesla in that slot, which is just fine. Also, not-so-humble brag.... got a 369' ace with a Servo yesterday. Had intended to put a Relay through its paces as an Undertaker replacement, but it was so cold I'll just say the results were inconclusive. Had a few great shots with it, and a few total yanks. More research required is all.

pick up a F wave and a new N resister (my son stole my resister last year :)). went to the field for the first time in 4 months following injury illness and weather. The rust is think but got some good pulls in. The F wave was a little more HHS stable then my PL wave which i liked. The resister was the utility disc i remember. over all happy to throw again.

Bloopers and outtakes. I have a CN Reactor for you to check out.

And, as it turns out, I yanked the tee shot hard right on the video hole. Opportunity for an excellent upshot though. First tournament. Hit the first available on the first tee. Twice. Carded an 8.

On the upside, I rebounded and grabbed the box on the next hole and held it for four, I think?

Hokom Crave was money on Turnovers.

The new Resistor only made a couple appearances, but it absolutely shined on a narrow window (maybe 2ft?) forehand. Better result than I could've intended.

Great card, easy guys, and a good morning despite the temps.

And, as it turns out, I yanked the tee shot hard right on the video hole. Opportunity for an excellent upshot though. First tournament. Hit the first available on the first tee. Twice. Carded an 8.

On the upside, I rebounded and grabbed the box on the next hole and held it for four, I think?

Hokom Crave was money on Turnovers.

The new Resistor only made a couple appearances, but it absolutely shined on a narrow window (maybe 2ft?) forehand. Better result than I could've intended.

Great card, easy guys, and a good morning despite the temps.

Really nice to meet you IRL! Hope to try the Reactor you let me try this week and maybe we can meet up soon to play a round.

Really nice to meet you IRL! Hope to try the Reactor you let me try this week and maybe we can meet up soon to play a round.

Right on. I think Gatewood will end up being really solid.

If it's like little league and you *have* to get everyone in the reel, that late tee shot on one with Sam commenting was a much more respectable effort. I think three on the card dumped hard right into the valley. Adam, I think, was up the fairway a bit, and I had a pretty solid pull with a Cosmic Wave.

Proud of that one and the tee shot on six with the diagonal fallen tree: Hokom Crave tucked just left and then held the anhyzer all the way. Of course, there's more than a handful that I'd love to have back: looked pretty silly at moments attempting things entirely outside my arsenal.

Hopefully you got to play the course at some point this weekend. Would love to get your impressions along with anything that worked especially well for you.

I know we are due for another drop/order sometime this month. It is my impression that this includes both the Defy and the Wrath. Is anyone on the dealer list able to confirm this? I feel like it was posted, but didn't see it in my quick perusal.

my local PIAS posts on facebook every time they restock. I am on high alert for the next MVP drop. I am hoping to snag a couple back-ups and a new plasma envy.

I know we are due for another drop/order sometime this month. It is my impression that this includes both the Defy and the Wrath. Is anyone on the dealer list able to confirm this? I feel like it was posted, but didn't see it in my quick perusal.

Wrath was supposed to be in Feb, but I think the Defy was March. I just looked at the order form that I downloaded and don't see the Wrath as restocked, so now I'm wondering if I misread it.

Have they said when the stock Neutron Uplinks will be released?

I would like to give it a try but don't want to pay the prices I am seeing right now.

What's everyone's fairway/control driver set up? I'm having a hard time justifying Volt and Wrath, but they're so close in distance that it doesn't make the most sense to keep both speed classes...

What's everyone's fairway/control driver set up? I'm having a hard time justifying Volt and Wrath, but they're so close in distance that it doesn't make the most sense to keep both speed classes...

Depending on the definition of fairway, I carry two Eagle X and two craves for the speed 7ish slot. For the speed 9 I carry thunderbirds and insanities. I do carry a volt because it is so similar to Teebird flights when thrown at 80% for me and the thunderbird is noticeably longer. But if I juice it to get it out to thunderbird range it has a nice little turn and finished almost straight ahead. So there is a gap between my thundys and Insanity where the volt can fit nicely. But if you had a wrath or Tesla? That's personal preference tbh. I think James C was carrying the volt and teslas last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.