• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beg to differ on the cosmic, I haven't had a tesla but I've got a wave, relays, and had a volt. They were all beefier than their friends.

I don't know if plasma teslas are any better but they make resistors look controllable. I grabbed a couple pfn 155 plasma's and they are freaky too stable. Make a great OH disc though, if you play that way.
My older Plasma Tesla is BEEF! I'm hoping my new run Plasma is a bit tamer, it is much domier than the older one.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I beg to differ on the cosmic, I haven't had a tesla but I've got a wave, relays, and had a volt. They were all beefier than their friends.

I don't know if plasma teslas are any better but they make resistors look controllable. I grabbed a couple pfn 155 plasma's and they are freaky too stable. Make a great OH disc though, if you play that way.

They were beefier than their friends because their friends were not molded in house by MVP. MVP even admitted they messed up when they did the new Relays, which they first only produced in Cosmic in-house. They also described this issue somewhat in length in a Facebook post last year. The new Cosmic Relays are closer to numbers, as are the new regular Neutron, as MVP adjusted them to fix the overstability.

Same thing with Volts, ish, except Volts were intended to be that stable, so now all the different plastics will be that stable.

peeped at some new plaz ions and barely wore ones and they were about same as r2

beat to piss plaz ion is little flexier and soft (this one also has a completely cracked gyro) than the r2

how hard is it to find after throwin the r2

I got a silver paint pen and put a giant initial/insignia on top.. My wife said MJ was already done like that kinda by someone haha. So who knows who I'm advertising. I put a very bad captain America star and a border of silver on the bottom. Definitely put in less effort. Haha I went nuts on it, it has helped a lot, I play in lots of small shrubs/brush.

My older Plasma Tesla is BEEF! I'm hoping my new run Plasma is a bit tamer, it is much domier than the older one.

Plasma tesla is a freak, I have every flavour of tesla and it's a freak, not true to the mold at all. Just manhole stable.
They were beefier than their friends because their friends were not molded in house by MVP. MVP even admitted they messed up when they did the new Relays, which they first only produced in Cosmic in-house. They also described this issue somewhat in length in a Facebook post last year. The new Cosmic Relays are closer to numbers, as are the new regular Neutron, as MVP adjusted them to fix the overstability.

Same thing with Volts, ish, except Volts were intended to be that stable, so now all the different plastics will be that stable.

So they accidentally made a relay OS? Very cool I would have picked up more if I'd known it wasn't just the cosmic variation

So I played yellow (artificially seasoned, good for a while but I regret it..) Ohm with uplink vs inked purple 8/10 ohm and a lucid bounty (purple).

It rapidly turned into uplink vs the world!! Uplink lead the approach shots, took the wrong Elevator on 4.. Almost smashed an ace on 3 (too high) and 5 I think, judging by how far past the pin it was... and seriously what a shot!!! Straight to late anny curve it must have been right there! ... but not quite. An. Ace. It was a par actually.

6 was breezy, all twos, 7 felt long bunch threes, 8 is short uplink got low pin (wood), the rest were sprayed everywhere. (Think pachinko..) 9 is a short anhyzer maybe 180' uplink held but went too far, yellow ohm made it, the rest left for dead in the dark. Then I had to lock my chickens in and start the bbq..

I was thinking about throwing my se fr paradox (that there's half a million of !?) But the uplink persuaded me otherwise.

So I played yellow (artificially seasoned, good for a while but I regret it..) Ohm with uplink vs inked purple 8/10 ohm and a lucid bounty (purple).

It rapidly turned into uplink vs the world!! Uplink lead the approach shots, took the wrong Elevator on 4.. Almost smashed an ace on 3 (too high) and 5 I think, judging by how far past the pin it was... and seriously what a shot!!! Straight to late anny curve it must have been right there! ... but not quite. An. Ace. It was a par actually.

6 was breezy, all twos, 7 felt long bunch threes, 8 is short uplink got low pin (wood), the rest were sprayed everywhere. (Think pachinko..) 9 is a short anhyzer maybe 180' uplink held but went too far, yellow ohm made it, the rest left for dead in the dark. Then I had to lock my chickens in and start the bbq..

I was thinking about throwing my se fr paradox (that there's half a million of !?) But the uplink persuaded me otherwise.
I'm loving my Uplink so far, now I only bag the Paradox in my bigger bag as a utility disc. The Paradox works wonders when I need it, but I rarely need it and the Uplink or a beat up Electron Proxy can fill in when I'm bagging my small bag.

Ha so I was at the local shop yesterday and they simply had too much gyro.

Went in to check out inertias, wraths, and teslas but looked at fireballs, motions, viruses, impulses, vanishes, and waves also.

Big difference in motion vs fireball? What about virus and impulse, and vanish and wave?

They had a few neutron ohms also, which felt great in the hand. I dig the proxy though, slightly beefier but not much beefier?

They had a few neutron ohms also, which felt great in the hand. I dig the proxy though, slightly beefier but not much beefier?

That's interesting. Nobody has mentioned a restock on the Ohm but there seem to be a few on ebay now and I couldn't sniff one since last summer. Been a while since I threw a Proxy, but the Ohm is probably slightly slower, maybe a touch beefier. Best I can describe it is neutral, glidey and good torque resistance. Love it for dead straight standstill flicks to about 200'.

Is it weird I would put the Ohm between a Proxy and a Berg?

Similar stability to a Berg, not quite as torque resistant. Tons more glide. I barely dabbled with the Proxy but it definitely seemed faster.

Maybe that puts it between the Berg and the Proxy....

Went in to check out inertias, wraths, and teslas but looked at fireballs, motions, viruses, impulses, vanishes, and waves also.

Big difference in motion vs fireball? What about virus and impulse, and vanish and wave?

Can only speak to Vanish vs. Wave. Photon Vanish is faster, longer, and slightly more HSS than Wave. Often said that the Wave is magic for 300' throwers, and I think the Vanish is similar for 400' range. Great hyzer flip and tailwind driver. It does well uphill. The Neutron Vanish is markedly more flippy, if thats your bag. My driver lineup is 3 Photons, 2 Traces, and a Proton Vanish.

I don't have time to quote them all.. :D

The ohm was announced on the second to last restock I believe. With the fireballs maybe? Unless they were the one before.

Nothing weird about the ohm, seriously just try it. You said "it felt good in the hand" then some crap about how the proxy is beefier. The ohm is their best underrated putter mold. It's what the proxy should have been, nice square corners on the inside and it is a mother fin fiend! Bombs straight or holds a bit of anny straight, pulls big turns both ways. It is the one disc threat.

...unless you have a stack of beat envy's. :D

Wave vs Vanish is the only one I can speak to. The vanish is more understable I would say but it depends on your plastic and weight choices. I've only thrown a neutron se vanish and it was a long roadrunner. It held more turns all the way, good straight bomber though with the right hyzer.

The wave's I have had were always beefier, they kind of do the same thing though. I'd say a plasma wave has more turn, neutron vanish in the middle, neutron wave for less anny turn. When you have a wave you can turn though, it turns more and wider.

It comes down to plastic/weight choices and what the breakover is for your power level/technique.

Craves got popular when they used to fly with the same stability as the Wrath, but when MVP moved them in-house they "corrected" them to be -1/1, which is a shame. They're now a completely different mold. I do bag a new run though, because it's replaced my Relay for my straight/turnover disc. I use the Wrath instead of the PP Crave, as all of my PP Craves have lost their fade for the most part. I have one PP Plasma that's still pretty stable, but still not quite as stable as my new Wrath.

I was able to get a mid 160s proton crave that flies like a teebird. My guess it's an older mold. All the other craves I've had were a disappointment. Wish they'd get on with releasing new fairways... Or give us a Proton Servo.

Can only speak to Vanish vs. Wave. Photon Vanish is faster, longer, and slightly more HSS than Wave. Often said that the Wave is magic for 300' throwers, and I think the Vanish is similar for 400' range. Great hyzer flip and tailwind driver. It does well uphill. The Neutron Vanish is markedly more flippy, if thats your bag. My driver lineup is 3 Photons, 2 Traces, and a Proton Vanish.

Not to be intentionally contrarian, but I've thrown a lot of Waves and Vanishes and disagree fully with this comparison. Vanishes are less stable than Waves in every facet: more turn, less fade, and less ability to fight even a mild head/crosswind. Maybe if you found a complete freak Vanish it would fly more OS than a Wave. Or if your Wave was a 150 class. But even then I'd expect the Wave to have more fade at the end.

A solid four driver lineup would look something like this:
Slightly OS driver (Photon/Wraith type disc) / beat-in version of slightly OS driver / Wave / Vanish

I was able to get a mid 160s proton crave that flies like a teebird. My guess it's an older mold. All the other craves I've had were a disappointment. Wish they'd get on with releasing new fairways... Or give us a Proton Servo.

Ironically, when I first tried the Crave, I was throwing mostly Discraft at the time and threw the Stalker as my main fairway. I didn't really like the bead and was trying out this new overmold stuff, and heard the Crave was similar to a Stalker. I wanted the -1/1 flight that my Stalker gave me, and the Crave definitely wasn't it, it was more like a TeeBird with just a bit of the fade beat off. So I was disappointed in the Crave initially because it wasn't what i was expecting and it took some time for it to really click with me and become my favorite fairway driver.

Now that they've basically made it more like a Stalker, and I've been pretty upset with them ruining what it was, I'm realizing, there was a reason I liked the Stalker and had it bagged. And since the Wrath has been restocked and flies a lot like a fresh PP Crave, with just a little more speed and wind fighting-ness, I'm experimenting with using the new run of Craves like I was my Stalkers and using the new Wrath like I was my PP Craves for the longer shots, and using the Hex for the shorter PP Crave shots. So far I'm really happy with the results, which has surprised me, because the PP Crave was definitely top 3 of my favorite molds ever.

Not to be intentionally contrarian, but I've thrown a lot of Waves and Vanishes and disagree fully with this comparison. Vanishes are less stable than Waves in every facet: more turn, less fade, and less ability to fight even a mild head/crosswind. Maybe if you found a complete freak Vanish it would fly more OS than a Wave. Or if your Wave was a 150 class. But even then I'd expect the Wave to have more fade at the end.

Slightly OS driver (Photon/Wraith type disc) / beat-in version of slightly OS driver / Wave / Vanish

I have 2 N Vanishes. One is pretty stable, even with a chunk out of the rim. It's an older run, probably FR. The other is an SE that is super flippy. like -3/1 ish. I have thrown a Proton though that was more stable than either of them. It was a little less stable than my lightweight Defy. I think the Vanish runs have just been really inconsistent, so it depends on the Vanish you have.

This. And even if not, there's no way the Vanish is either faster or longer than a Wave.

This. And even if not, there's no way the Vanish is either faster or longer than a Wave.

Then I have the only good Vanishes ever produced, obviously. A poster above made notes about his variety of Vanishes as well. Clearly, based on some strongly worded replies, there are both US Vanishes (neutron), and overstable Waves. I assure you I can throw a Vanish further than the Waves I have thrown. YMMV.

Then I have the only good Vanishes ever produced, obviously. A poster above made notes about his variety of Vanishes as well. Clearly, based on some strongly worded replies, there are both US Vanishes (neutron), and overstable Waves. I assure you I can throw a Vanish further than the Waves I have thrown. YMMV.

Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts