• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't let this get to the second page. Found a light (for Streamline) Plasma Trace and traded in a couple for it. Haven't thrown yet, but looking forward this weekend. My 11s are lining up Fission Wave/Plasma Trace/Cosmic Wave/Neutron Defy and I think I'm just about in a happy place.

Can't let this get to the second page. Found a light (for Streamline) Plasma Trace and traded in a couple for it. Haven't thrown yet, but looking forward this weekend. My 11s are lining up Fission Wave/Plasma Trace/Cosmic Wave/Neutron Defy and I think I'm just about in a happy place.

I love the trace. It's the only 11 speed I throw--my strategy is to have something that bridges the gap from my 8/9 speed stuff to the 12 speed stuff and offer a little more control. I have a max cosmic neutron trace and a 170ish plasma. The cosmic is straight to fade every time and the plasma has a little turn but still recovers nice at the end.

I agree with just about everyone else when they say the biggest gap in the MVP lineup (gyro, specifically) is between the wave and photon. The trace sits right there but is solo mold.

Well if you were a noodle the answer is still Tesla.. Anyhow

More Friday night ramblings... would a 158 fizz reactor beat down a 176 seasoned hex? Could one reclaim their laser beam youth with something like that on the 160-200' runs? Should I just pull my tangents out of storage and really see where my arm is at? Should I just give up, wear sweatpants and commit to a paradox?

I've built a heck of a cart... watching for the drop from a seller that weighs each disc here.. I google the terras 3 times a day and I kinda want one... as light as I can find, (it is the first bright Beacon of the restock) but I'm horny on fission teslas. Still got my og pp 155 and 163. Tag team like Van Damme and Schwarzenegger , could use a little Sly but I'm horny on a little lightweight Bloodsport action.

Been test driving a 153 and 164 (?) Cardboard/ fibreglass fission. Stiff, mildly demanding, consistent, stable and respectable. The top just dropped on the 164 so it's falling in line. Reasonable slidey glide and fade, not stretched yet but the more I beat it, the flatter and better it gets. Good shoulder.

I'm thinking go as light as I can (145?) and a 155, I think there was a guy here who has a pp plasma so I can cover my heavy slot with a trade. :D but a 170 fission wouldn't go to waste :D my favourite plastic going.

Seriously thinking about a 183 uplink, really digging the heavy understable feel, getting good mileage on my 178's (tagged 176).. One month is magic, 3 is pushing it. Really wishing for a touch more stability, or to keep the back end fade while beating the front end down. It's still awesome, still holding a rolling stability, the difference between my fresh one an my worn one is interesting. I always think I poo'd it but then I'm 25' away... they've been a great ride. Everything I thought a crystal Z meteor would have been, back when they only made esp. Anyhow I think I will gram up rather than down.

Last edited:
Well if you were a noodle the answer is still Tesla.. Anyhow

More Friday night ramblings... would a 158 fizz reactor beat down a 176 seasoned hex? Could one reclaim their laser beam youth with something like that on the 160-200' runs? Should I just pull my tangents out of storage and really see where my arm is at? Should I just give up, wear sweatpants and commit to a paradox?

I've built a heck of a cart... watching for the drop from a seller that weighs each disc here.. I google the terras 3 times a day and I kinda want one... as light as I can find, (it is the first bright Beacon of the restock) but I'm horny on fission teslas. Still got my og pp 155 and 163. Tag team like Van Damme and Schwarzenegger , could use a little Sly but I'm horny on a little lightweight Bloodsport action.

I have a 160 fizz reactor and it doesn't take long to get a bit of the fade/excess stability knocked out of it. I ripped one today and it had a very gentle ride to the right. I have a decent arm, have thrown over 450' recently. I am currently not carrying the hex because of this reactor but I still think the hex is a unique enough disc. I could see myself putting it in the bag anyways as I specifically bought the 160 fizz reactor for my noodle forehand.

Terra's are just sweet and are causing me to redo my fairway lineup. I've dropped the wrath temporarily and run a terra/bendy James/fizz volt for most fairway shots. I still carry the insanity for the beautiful s fights and under stable flight paths. I also still have the craves for laser straight stuff. I really just love how much I can lean on the terra and even the volt to an extent and know I'm not going to lose them with an unexpected turn and burn.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if I have need for a speed 9 OS disc but without a good forehand I'm not sure I do.

Well are the Terra's are scaled at 172+ so I will pass on those for now.. Still procrastinating on the cart.. There wasn't any teslas in fission under 158 (tagged 156)... so I think we are going with a pile of tesla's
158 fission, 164 fission
167g neutron
158g plasma

And lock down the weirdly heavy 183g uplink se.. Sounds like the new fission tesla's are coming out with a high plh so might get all the beef I want out of those. I really want to load my cart with fission haha but I also wanted to try the new plasma run and a heavy neutron. So buy smart now, hoard later

picture.php

So, a couple new ones to try for this next week, Neutron Soft Envy and a Plasma Catalyst. I've typically capped out at an 11, but curiosity got the better of me: with a few field throws detouring an errand run yesterday, it does seem to function like a slightly quicker Wave, which is comfortably familiar. The one FH attempt was dead straight with no turn or fade. Doubt I can replicate that on the regular, but it'd be tasty if I could.

Watching a bit of the R3 coverage from the Country Club (Jones was essentially unwatchable for me; feel free to fire away) and JC's leaning on the Fireball a fair bit. Interesting to see that shift to counteract the conditions where the Photon feels like it's become the standard tee selection, almost regardless of circumstance.

For those of you that have thrown the Flare a lot, is there any difference between plastics and/or weight? I have a 175g cosmic neutron in the bag and would like something that stretches a bit further alongside it. I bag a Firebird in that spot now.

For those of you that have thrown the Flare a lot, is there any difference between plastics and/or weight? I have a 175g cosmic neutron in the bag and would like something that stretches a bit further alongside it. I bag a Firebird in that spot now.

I believe the answer you are seeking is a Fireball if you want to stay in the MVP family. I find they kind fall in between a Felon and Firebird. Definitely easier to push for a little distance than a Flare.

I believe the answer you are seeking is a Fireball if you want to stay in the MVP family. I find they kind fall in between a Felon and Firebird. Definitely easier to push for a little distance than a Flare.

Are they as flat as all (?) other MVP drivers? I don't feel a need to stay in the MVP family and I do like my Firebird for this shot, but it's very beaten in and all the other flat Firebirds I have is fresh and too OS for this slot. I'd prefer something that fits this right lut of the box, I don't like relying on beaten in discs as I play a lot around water. My Felons are definitely too straight.

Are they as flat as all (?) other MVP drivers? I don't feel a need to stay in the MVP family and I do like my Firebird for this shot, but it's very beaten in and all the other flat Firebirds I have is fresh and too OS for this slot. I'd prefer something that fits this right lut of the box, I don't like relying on beaten in discs as I play a lot around water. My Felons are definitely too straight.

Firebirds are a pretty flat, like most other MVP stuff. The fireball is the most workable OS speed 9 driver in the MVP family (Motion, Fireball, Flare) but it still doesn't feel quite as glidey as a firebird or raptor, but not by much. I have a predator and they seem a bit more similar to that.

Sounds interesting, I'll check them out!

for what it's worth it is interesting that the volt and terra are classified by MVP as speed 8 discs. The volt and thunderbird are almost identical discs by the numbers on the PDGA website. The terra is a a taller disc coming in at 1.8cm vs. 1.6cm for the thunderbird and volt so perhaps it is definitely a speed 8 disc. But that taller discs seemingly gives it more glide.

The fireball, in comparison, is 1.4cm high so definitely a faster discs but also is seemingly more OS. I am not sure (From my experience) if that is because it's not quite as glidey or not. I have a poor forehand game so I rely on backhands. So i have really enjoyed discs like the pyro/eclipse reactor/terra which are glidey but have this real nice panning fade as opposed to just dumping out.

And because I don't have a forehand game and live in an area that is relatively calm conditions more often than not, I am not sure I have much need for a fireball in my bag. When I have carried one it has barely been used. But the terra on the other hand is very workable, dependable, and every bit as OS as i need a fairway to be.

Got a small sample of fission teslas, 2x white one orange. The whites are softer and the dimple on the bottom is an "inny"

I've been loving my Craves and was considering getting an Eagle to slot between my PP Plasma and my OLFs to have something slower with more fade than a Crave but still with some HST/wiggle. I'm really attracted to how thin and pancake flat my Craves are though so I was thinking maybe I need to get a Servo? Are the new runs beefy enough to fill this role? I don't really want a mini Firebird, like how the old Resistors sound like they flew, but just something with that speed 6.5 rim that I can work flex lines with where my PP Crave wants to hold over.

I've been loving my Craves and was considering getting an Eagle to slot between my PP Plasma and my OLFs to have something slower with more fade than a Crave but still with some HST/wiggle. I'm really attracted to how thin and pancake flat my Craves are though so I was thinking maybe I need to get a Servo? Are the new runs beefy enough to fill this role? I don't really want a mini Firebird, like how the old Resistors sound like they flew, but just something with that speed 6.5 rim that I can work flex lines with where my PP Crave wants to hold over.

Tough call. I think the current run Resistor is probably the closest match. The difference between a current Servo and current Crave is subtle here. Current Servo might be indistinguishable from your early Craves.

Tough call. I think the current run Resistor is probably the closest match. The difference between a current Servo and current Crave is subtle here. Current Servo might be indistinguishable from your early Craves.

So if I was able to find old run Servos/Clashes, that would probably be the ticket, but otherwise new Resistors? I'll have to ask around locally and see what I can find.

Watt is up? Anyone here anything about release date on that? I know I'm way too hopeful.. :D

I am curious about this and yet at the same time I want to just stick my head in the sand. I have really connected with the Pure as my putter and I don't want to go through another putter change. So I am going to need some self-control here is what i am trying to say :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.