• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state of total Entropy is one of total heat death of the entire universe... meaning zero movement anywhere.
You can't get more predictable than that. It's a great name.

Where I've read it, it's usually referring to a decent into chaos or similar. But TBF it's not in a science context.

I have always looked for beefy envys. I carry 2 mid weight electron Envy for putting and then a broken in envy for pretty much all approach shots and short drives and my beefy freak proton envy that is for wind and reliable fade that i can crank on and its easily "1 increment" more OS than any other envy i have, so this Entropy disc is really what i have been looking for in a "beefy Envy". Considering its a little faster, that's a plus for wind, and the extra stability... no more looking for the most OS envy :)

really hoping it flys somewhere between an envy and a zone, that would seal the deal.

As for the streamline flare (now thats a cool name, imo), im pretty happy with axiom fireballs they handle any conditions and do everything i need, but the flare has a touch more glide and might fly more like a firebird without the overmold.. id like to see Dollar or Elmore test them out on MVP youtube channel.. MVP could do a better job promoting their players testing out new discs, i wonder if they get any input on what kind of new molds they work on?

Here is my review of the new ENTROPY and FLARE:

To amend my video:

The Entropy reminds me of a Harp or a Envy/Deflector hybrid, with a slow hard finish

The Flare reminds me of a Predator both in flight and feel in-hand

Last edited:
Yes! I loved the pred, glad i get to throw a streamline version.Will pick the flare up for sure.
The entropy will also probably jump straight in the bag. I have too much overlap with my envy and ion. Envy never gets used.

Last edited:
Tried a mvp Axis today. I was looking for a buzzz replacement and i found it. It immediately kicked the matrix out the bag. I dont know why i never tried it until now.
Sorry wallet. Time to grab a few

Tried a mvp Axis today. I was looking for a buzzz replacement and i found it. It immediately kicked the matrix out the bag. I dont know why i never tried it until now.

Nice what plastic and weight did you get? Or did you just try a buddies?

It was a new heavy(177g) neutron dayglo.
I have been throwing a buzzz for 8yrs or so before i switched. The first throw with it felt familiar.
It is fast/far like a buzzz. Holds a line like a buzzz and powers down similarly.

270ft-340ft range

An axis kicked out your matrix? As someone who throws both, I don't fully understand how they are similar at all.

An axis kicked out your matrix? As someone who throws both, I don't fully understand how they are similar at all.

They are not similar(never said that) but i was searching for a mid i felt comfortable with. Vector wasnt for me and the matrix was the next mid i tried. Couldnt get consistent flights for me. So tried an axis. Love it.
No more matrix.

Looks like a more overstable Envy to me which sounds great. I'm not sure MVP can make a gyro Zone. That might have to be a Streamline mold b/c I don't think the overmold plastic is slick enough for really good skips and that's a significant feature of the Zone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.