• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the next thing is.....Streamlines next disc. I am thinking it will be a Midrange - but honestly I think they should try a teebird clone. I think thats one area in MVP/AXIOM that is missing, a true 7/5/0/2 kinda disc. and No the Crave and Volt are not that.

Just out of curiosity, what would you give the crave for numbers? My plasma crave flies those numbers for me. I'm not the biggest arm though, so maybe that's the difference?

I think the only way to get closer to a TeeBird over the Neutron Crave is to just get a TeeBird.

There are other slots that would be better served that MVP/Axiom have issues with... like filling out high glide mids and understable fairways

I couldn't find a heavyish Octane or any Panic locally. Checking out the Nitro it just doesn't look or feel like it's going to get distance. I ended up grabbing a metalflake proton Mayhem. It was really beefy in calm conditions and has the highest PLH in my stack, but I won't know until I get some wind to test it.
Uh

Give the top some teepad "love" should help break it in a bit...

Streamline's next disc needs to be a 12 () -1 3 for Hokom… and SilverRider.;)

Yes.

5 glide rating that can handle some headwind at 450'+ when fresh would be nice, prefer to have wiggle room to break a disc in for that nice destroyer-like flex though.

till then the Kong (Zues) will do just fine.

basket was blind and i chained out with the plaz volt today rhbh flat sky shot to stall and fade out

in even better news you can see the wasp throwers thread

Picked up a used 1616 stamped Vanish, a N Thrill and a N Excite today. :thmbup:

I doubt they'll replace anything in the bag but it's always fun to try out discs I haven't yet.

Got a good round and a half in with these bad boys on an open course. Surprisingly good discs! The Excite really bombs. Very similar stability to my RGL Ballista Pro but seems a bit faster whereas the RGL BP seemed to glide better. The 400'+ arms would probably only throw it in calm or tail wind b/c I could turn it over a bit and it really likes to hold an anhyzer. The Thrill is a workable, overstable driver and reminded me a lot of my Opto Ballista Pro. A lot of dome on both of those. The Vanish is the most beat up looking and a bit more understable Wave is spot on. Between a Wave and a Virus sums it up well. Nice tailwind disc, similar to my beat in Opto Ballista except smaller rim. I'm gonna have to take the Excite out to the field with my Teleport, Octane, and Catalyst to see how it compares distance-wise.

I was going to say the same thing...well close...between a Volt/Shock its covered

Hey... Looks like you are selling some sweet stuff on EBay... Arizona, same handle, that's you right? I hope that auction picks up steam for ya!! You'd think a 10yr Ion would get more action than that....

Hey... Looks like you are selling some sweet stuff on EBay... Arizona, same handle, that's you right? I hope that auction picks up steam for ya!! You'd think a 10yr Ion would get more action than that....

Yeh. I tried here. Had to move on. I think im going to grab some cosmic envys after it sells

Yeh. I tried here. Had to move on. I think im going to grab some cosmic envys after it sells

It looks like you bought the Discraft mystery box..

Any chance you have a Owlenstein Envy thrower in your stash? The uglier the better haha...

It looks like you bought the Discraft mystery box..

Any chance you have a Owlenstein Envy thrower in your stash? The uglier the better haha...

No. Sry. But i did have a Halloween lady one that i sold just before u put up your wanted ad. I usually keep my stash pretty thin. I try and sell what i dont use before i buy more so i dont go bankrupt ;)

I did get the "misery box". First and last time lol

I picked up three of those lady's.. Two in my weight and a heavier one.. Really pleased with them I don't know if the other eclipses came out that awesome. Started with a thrower and heavy show-er.. Picked up a backup just in case but it's wall hanging for now. They are like a lightly worn proton with a touch more grip and flex.. Not what everyone else was wanting but I'm happy. I don't really like my protons anymore it's that good.

I played Trilogy Challenge two days ago and realized that I like bit deeper putting putters than E Atom. Does anyone have experience putting with E Anode and Latitude's Retro Keystone or owns both? I would to see profile pic comparison and hear how they feel in hand and how they glide on spin putts. I have played around with E Pilot and while it feels more bulky than Atom and glides really nice, I don't like the puddle top and small bead on it.

I played Trilogy Challenge two days ago and realized that I like bit deeper putting putters than E Atom. Does anyone have experience putting with E Anode and Latitude's Retro Keystone or owns both? I would to see profile pic comparison and hear how they feel in hand and how they glide on spin putts. I have played around with E Pilot and while it feels more bulky than Atom and glides really nice, I don't like the puddle top and small bead on it.

I putt with a firm e anode. I personally love it! I'd say somewhere of a middle amount of glide, it's definitely there, but it's not a disc that'll glide for days, nor is it a brick. I think it's ideal for a putter. Unfortunately the only other putters I have around are ions, a particle, and an aviar (someplace).

I own and have played with both, the Atom is slightly more stable and a better growing putter. As far as in the circle I don't mind either, but how far the blunt edge of the Keystone comes down isn't good feeling to me. It makes the otherwise shallow putter feel deeper and I grip locked it a couple of times due to this feature. Can take side by sides later if you can't find it online.

I picked up three of those lady's.. Two in my weight and a heavier one.. Really pleased with them I don't know if the other eclipses came out that awesome. Started with a thrower and heavy show-er.. Picked up a backup just in case but it's wall hanging for now. They are like a lightly worn proton with a touch more grip and flex.. Not what everyone else was wanting but I'm happy. I don't really like my protons anymore it's that good.

I only let go of the halloween one because i found this sparkle beauty. Seems a little glidier than the glow. Between this and the atom, im having overlap with my mids. They go so damn far

Attachments

• 20190630_142636.jpg
    20190630_142636.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 11

I putted with the Anode for a long time before switching to the Atom. I'm surprised that you spin putt and want to go that direction because the Anode drops faster on putts than the Atom at the same weight/plastic/firmness. I putt hybrid spin/pitch, but I definitely had to pitch the Anode a bit more because of the drop.

I only let go of the halloween one because i found this sparkle beauty. Seems a little glidier than the glow. Between this and the atom, im having overlap with my mids. They go so damn far

I'm finding that the MVP putters in general just go. I only carry two mids because I can throw my ion, anode, and particle so dang far. Too much overlap.

PS... gorgeous disc! I have a sparkle wrath (blue with orange rim) that's just as sparkling. Love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts