• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stabby stabby... what I meant is "tons of stability".

Hey Mediocredude the Volt is probably a real sweet fit for you at your power level.

I love how it feels in the hand. The crave is a nice disc also and it bombs and has a tight line, but fresh volts just stand up for me and go dead straight for a long time before the predictable fade. The crave vs volt debate has me wondering which to use but if I could do away with the 9 speeds entirely and go volt -> photon I think I'd be better off especially since I've got the inertias and fireballs in there to bridge the gap. I think with a crave I'd need something else in there to shape shots with like a clash which I really like but is now OoP :/ The relay may find a way into the bag regardless.. its a big part of my game lol

direct correlation between people that dont like them and not being able to activate the gyro

Ok so the people give up and don't try to clean their form to make the disc work?

being a primary forehander would you expect me to be able to do that? I hope to be able to go play with it tomorrow. It feels great and I like the flatness of it. Hopefully it works well for me. I'm thinking it will, my buddy has certain discs he can't seem to get to work which always seem to be my favorites. Hopefully this is one of those.

yeah, unless you have a decent amount of snap to your throw they don't perform well. Actually MVP discs are what taught me to utilize snap since they respond so well to different amounts of it.

SO I just got my second ace with a beat plasma volt the other day :) Made me rethink my bag a bit. It's flippy now, like relay flippy. I lost my relay and my crave so Im thinking maybe a fresh plasma volt could replace both slots and maybe even do away with the need for a tesla or wrath with photons in the bag. For reference itd be cycles of:

Atom
Entropy
Matrix
Volt
Inertia
Fireball
Photon
Octane

Any thoughts?

This is very similar to what I'm using. A Photon on the overstable side can totally cover Wrath/Tesla shot...In fact flying a little lower/faster with more bite they seem to both compliment my Volts(where Wrath/Tesla overlap more) and fly better into a stiff headwind than my Octanes. I do like the Relay in there though. Compared to a beat Volt it will still get a slower flip that holds later into the flight. It also sees a lot of use in my FH approach game.

Yeah I think a relay in the mix would pretty much cover everything, I use mine for FH turnover shots in the woods a lot. Could put a virus in as a roller I guess too but really I think it's a pretty adequate bag setup as is with not too many molds to worry about.

Yeah I think a relay in the mix would pretty much cover everything, I use mine for FH turnover shots in the woods a lot. Could put a virus in as a roller I guess too but really I think it's a pretty adequate bag setup as is with not too many molds to worry about.

Get 1 or 2 or 3. The Relay is a under appreciated disc. It really can do lots of things well but with speed 6 power. Most don't like it because they muscle it. It needs a bit of finesse, I do agree, but when you click with it, it really is a great disc. I use it both backhand and forehand. Now if MVP will only make a 6/5/0/1. A slightly more stable Relay and that speed 6 lineup will be deadly.

I don't have a beat Volt or Photon, so I supplement with an Impulse and a Wave until then. TBH the Impulse and Wave are pretty much flippy versions of those discs.

Get 1 or 2 or 3. The Relay is a under appreciated disc. It really can do lots of things well but with speed 6 power. Most don't like it because they muscle it. It needs a bit of finesse, I do agree, but when you click with it, it really is a great disc. I use it both backhand and forehand. Now if MVP will only make a 6/5/0/1. A slightly more stable Relay and that speed 6 lineup will be deadly.

I plan to, I'm going on my 3rd relay now so I want backups lol thats why Im trying to minimize molds, I keep losing them in the first round of tournament and it messes with my game not having a backup lol

I don't have a beat Volt or Photon, so I supplement with an Impulse and a Wave until then. TBH the Impulse and Wave are pretty much flippy versions of those discs.

I threw a wave once that I found at Hillcrest Farms this summer. Seemed kinda like a faster inertia to me. If I need something in the photon class that's understable I'll throw my vanish in the bag. I really like that mold, it holds a huge hyzer but always comes back flat and the thing goes almost as far as my excite which usually gets 20 or 30 ft on my octane. Havent tried an impulse, closest thing I have is a virus and I actually really like that mold as well for long turnovers that have to hold the turn all the way or rollers. So many good molds.

I just out my bag into a bag calculator someone posted on a FB group and I think I'm in the right track. I'll post a pic if I can figure out how from my phone lol

4pvDcEPnfzopwDqM9

chained out with my star volt today on a blind dogleg right 300ft hole

!!! That happened to me today too! Same type of hole too just with an inertia. Weird. I happened to catch mine on video too :)

Man, I'm sure you'll nail it next time though! But still, hearing chains and finding the disc outside of them... Ain't that a bitch..?

Last edited:
!!! That happened to me today too! Same type of hole too just with an inertia. Weird. I happened to catch mine on video too :)

Man, I'm sure you'll nail it next time though! But still, hearing chains and finding the disc outside of them... Ain't that a bitch..?

ahhh "chained out so close"

lolol painful

exactly how i felt

I love how it feels in the hand. The crave is a nice disc also and it bombs and has a tight line, but fresh volts just stand up for me and go dead straight for a long time before the predictable fade. The crave vs volt debate has me wondering which to use but if I could do away with the 9 speeds entirely and go volt -> photon I think I'd be better off especially since I've got the inertias and fireballs in there to bridge the gap. I think with a crave I'd need something else in there to shape shots with like a clash which I really like but is now OoP :/ The relay may find a way into the bag regardless.. its a big part of my game lol

I've been debating whether to go crave>Tesla/Wrath>Octane or the volt/photon combo also. I'm in a similar situation for my "workhorse" discs. As of now, it's crave>wrath>octane for me. The relay is definitely worth a look. Great disc for the woods and easy control shots. Sneaky distance for a small rim IMO

I thought MVP moved molding operations in house....not to Innova!

they figured that they pissed off enough fans by taking the plaz ion away so they would double down and move their molding operations to the best and consistent in the biz

thats why you can find flippy and os volts now on the market

I've been debating whether to go crave>Tesla/Wrath>Octane or the volt/photon combo also. I'm in a similar situation for my "workhorse" discs. As of now, it's crave>wrath>octane for me. The relay is definitely worth a look. Great disc for the woods and easy control shots. Sneaky distance for a small rim IMO

Heres how Ive got my bag set up atm, I think its pretty solid.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JjuwAe6ANXJqPbWs9

And relays go 350+ effortlessly lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY9GZpiqyGs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts