• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only they had thought about it ahead of time and used these events as a promotional event for their new modern mids...:|

October release notes are up. We are getting Eclipse Craves... Woot!
Sweet Halloween stamp by Zam as the Special edition, 3 skeletons.
https://axiomdiscs.com/discs/crave

Something about a Pyro and the only run of production Plasma Shocks as well.

Eclipse Crave? I'm almost ready to forgive them for discontinuing their best mids :D

Yeah I could get behind some eclipse Craves, glow disc season is upon us again. Kinda thought an eclipse relay would be first.. But that's something I could work with.

Are you looking at someone's number sold per month? They are popular here on the forum... and I am starting to convert people over to it locally. Awesome disc

Check out infinites MVP best sellers list. Relay is roughly in the middle of the pack for their last year of sales.

https://infinitediscs.com/blog/mvp-best-sellers-august-2019-edition/

Lots of discs that could use an extra plastic option above the relay. Granted, a lot of those discs are newer and this is only one shops numbers. Just something to look at. I wouldn't be mad at more relay options tho

Relays probably don't get lost often and they get better the more they season, so it's not like people need to buy them multiple times a year.

I lost my first Circuit Relay... drove off with it on top of the car....

I gave my first relay to a buddy after I had been seasoning it for roughly 8 months. I let him borrow it and he was throwing it so good. I kind of regret it now though. :doh: Need to get another one. Is there any difference between the new and old stamp relays?

I gave my first relay to a buddy after I had been seasoning it for roughly 8 months. I let him borrow it and he was throwing it so good. I kind of regret it now though. :doh: Need to get another one. Is there any difference between the new and old stamp relays?

I am not for sure. I liked my Circuit Relay so much I sorted though a proshops rare section and found 2 more. Worth ever penny of the premium I paid on it.

My buddy liked mine so he found a pfn stamp but I have not thrown a flight number version.

Haha I niced your last post because I thought it was sarcasm...

I definitely feel like the Relay hasn't gotten mass fanfare but there's a very loyal following of core throwers more than distance gorillas.

Only has a few spanned over the last couple years, the old one FR or close is pure MVP magic, durable and beautifully seasoned at 165, in Neutron :) I picked up a few new backups with ratings, very mild variation but more with slight (very slight) dome variances etc still pretty consistent give or take 6 months wear. I'd say a touch lower than my original.

Have a weird soft outer rim 172 it is the straightest out of the box. Takes more oomph to make it not straight.

I finally got a Pyro. The Deflector has been a rock-solid addition to my bag this season, often locking down birdies on tough tweener holes as well as getting me out of trouble. Since the Pyro debuted I've witnessed a migration from the Deflector that has made me a little reticent about trying it. After a couple of rounds I'm surprised by just how different the two discs are. The Deflector is MUCH more overstable. My Pyro can't pull off the overstable utility shots because it likes to hold straight too long. The fade is there, but it's later and more forward. I'm looking forward to more throws to find out exactly what the Pyro is now that I know it's not just a different flavor of Deflector.

The Pyro, at least with the clear rim, is not very OS . It has pretty horrible glide though, making it seem more OS than it really is. I can't find a place for it in my bag.

The Pyro, at least with the clear rim, is not very OS . It has pretty horrible glide though, making it seem more OS than it really is. I can't find a place for it in my bag.

I'm not sure of your frame of reference with the horrible glide comment. Compared with all mids? With other overstable mids? Compared with other fast, large diameter, L-shape overstable mids I think the Pyro glides pretty well. They are all pretty heavy, but even at 178g I can throw a low and turned over shot with the Pyro and it gets good lift when transitioning back to hyzer. This is as much glide as I would want from that slot. I've yet to watch a flight I liked and be surprised by how short it was (my normal flag for discs that don't glide as well as I'd like).

I'm not sure of your frame of reference with the horrible glide comment. Compared with all mids? With other overstable mids? Compared with other fast, large diameter, L-shape overstable mids I think the Pyro glides pretty well. They are all pretty heavy, but even at 178g I can throw a low and turned over shot with the Pyro and it gets good lift when transitioning back to hyzer. This is as much glide as I would want from that slot. I've yet to watch a flight I liked and be surprised by how short it was (my normal flag for discs that don't glide as well as I'd like).

I am comparing it to a fresh Drone or a fresh Gila. Both are more OS and have more glide.

Status
Not open for further replies.