• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else throwing the Pyro? I have been testing one out and really think that it could possibly be that go to Gyro mid everyone has been waiting for. Has that great Deflector feel and HSS but more glide and less intense of a fade.

Very impressed so far.

Is anyone else throwing the Pyro? I have been testing one out and really think that it could possibly be that go to Gyro mid everyone has been waiting for. Has that great Deflector feel and HSS but more glide and less intense of a fade.

Very impressed so far.

emoney was talking about it in a different new thread

Very impressed so far.

It is a great mold. Reminds me of the Runway but with a touch more glide once beat in. The Neutron core is the most stable. I bag a SE Proton that has great glide. Going to get a Plasma core. I hear they have a touch more glide than the Proton. Great disc. Once I have a few of thee mixed with Electron Matrix at different wear, mids might be set for the year. Curious to see what comes next.

Very impressed so far.

No glide on the Prism Pyro and very little fade. Goes mostly straight and dumps out of the sky. Useless for my backhand game, but I could see forehand dominate players liking it.

MVP and mids are like oil and water for a touch backhand game.

No glide on the Prism Pyro and very little fade. Goes mostly straight and dumps out of the sky. Useless for my backhand game, but I could see forehand dominate players liking it.

Mine is a prism plasma and I though while it didn't have crazy glide, it did have some. No big time float. But it doesn't have the flight path I would associate with a brick.

So "no" glide compared to the Neutron and Prism (Proton) versions or no glide compared to what? What glide # would you give it then? How about compared to the Runway or Deflector? I have not tried a Plasma Pyro yet but intend to. I have talked to others and they have almost all said it has more glide than the other Pyros with a later fade. Out of curiosity, how far are you throwing the Pyro?

I've been throwing it on shots 275-330 or so. Hit 350 FH often.

I think you got a dud. My Prism Pyro is money. I use on BH touch shots all the time and that first Pyro ace is coming. I also find it to have a lot of glide for an overstable mid. Most of the time I'm throwing it BH with varying degrees of anhyzer and touch for shots 275'-325'. My newer one already has a gash from hitting basket.

Nicely done! Unfortunately, I hate playing in the snow, so my DG adventures will wait till the snow goes away. In Wisconsin, who knows when that'll be lol

Maybe by the fourth.....

Of July,

depending on which part of the state your in...

Yeah the Zone is a tough disc to beat.. I was hoping the entropy would fill that gap.. Probably does but it's less glidey than I remember the Zone being. Then again I used to throw 100' further, poorly but further.

Watched old Jim throwing his 150 Tesla today again, got longest drive a couple times.. He compares it to his Barry 2X Leopard also 150g. Just nailed it all day, straight flights a couple long stretched turning drives just beautiful. He's really mastered the Gyro for lack of a better word. It just pushes straight from 25 percent through 90 percent of the flight. Dudes got it tuned in.. Makes me want a fission Tesla!

is pryo better than a zone tho

The Zone is a fast putter and the Pyro is a slow fairway. They are different diameters, different nose shapes, and different wing shapes. They simply don't fly anything the same when given the same power and release angle. Which is better is going to be totally dependent on personal style and bag setup.

But it doesn't have the flight path I would associate with a brick.

Not a brick flight, no, but somewhat ballistic. Just like the word stable, I think many of us use the word glide differently. How about this, the Pyro lacks lift and has a high stall speed; It is more aerodynamic than the bricks type flight, I will agree with you there.

So "no" glide compared to the Neutron and Prism (Proton) versions or no glide compared to what? What glide # would you give it then? How about compared to the Runway or Deflector? ...
Out of curiosity, how far are you throwing the Pyro?

Mine is Neutron Prism. I am comparing it to any other mid, by any company, I have ever thrown; I have not thrown the Deflector nor the Runway. I would give it a glide of 2.

I am a woods golfer, so most of the shots I was attempting to use it for was 100 to 150 feet. I don't know how far I can throw it on a drive... I rarely ever drive with any mid.

I think you got a dud. My Prism Pyro is money.

5 of us got Neutron Prism Pyros. Not all the same weight or color, but all have the same type flight. None of us bag them.... and it is a mid, not a fairway

Last edited:
Nicely done! Unfortunately, I hate playing in the snow, so my DG adventures will wait till the snow goes away. In Wisconsin, who knows when that'll be lol

Oh don't be like that. I'm from Milwaukee and now live in St Paul MN . something about getting out in the snow and playing a round is very peaceful. And its not bad honestly. I'd suggest giving it a try. Just get the right clothes and bring a few towels. Don't let our crappy winters ruin DG:thmbup:

Been away from these companies for a bit. Can you guys tell me the if there is a consensus on a more OS Envy?

You are probably about to set off a nice debate...

No, there is not a more OS Envy; I have searched for years. The closest I have found is the jOKERI, but that's not anything new since you quit the MVP threads.

The Entropy is a nice disc, I bag one, but it has a different flight shape than an Envy or jOKERI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts