• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to have a 160 and it was super flippy. Are the heavier ones more manageable?

Yes, but still nose angle sensitive. I think maybe for someone forehand dominate a heavy plasma might work better.... I don't have enough forehand power to know for sure though. :\

The reason I say Plasma might work better for forehand is that it has more of a dumpy fade... something I have noticed in your disc selection that you like. It still has good turn without being flippy... at least for my 360' distance or so that I can throw it

Last edited:
Used to have a 160 and it was super flippy. Are the heavier ones more manageable?

Well of course, it's an extra 15g in stability.. I throw the 160's and I definitely don't throw like you.. Haha I looked up the stag 8 6 -1 2 I haven't thrown one so haha again.. Inertia is 9 5 -2 2

I just went off your can't turn the Volt or Crave enough and thought, if I was a Moose I bet an Inertia would be like a Relay for me.. Hold a line, any line. Just seemed topic appropriate and a possibility, looked like your bag was missing a control driver on the US side of the scale.

It has been a real workhorse in my bag, one of those Not sure what to throw? Maybe it's a little breezy...Not much room to work with...Too long for a Comet? Inertia Time!

If you're all FH and you hit like 500' I have no clue dude, flight numbers point to a fission Tesla I think it's 9 5 -1 2

Last edited:
The reason I say Plasma might work better for forehand is that it has more of a dumpy fade...

Interesting, I had wondered after my plasma Tesla experience what the deal would be with an Inertia.. Plasma sure makes a Wave understable and Tesla more stable.. I always wanted a plasma Tangent but meh I think this has killed my lust for it, I got a bunch of neutrons.

Well of course, it's an extra 15g in stability.. I throw the 160's and I definitely don't throw like you.. Haha I looked up the stag 8 6 -1 2 I haven't thrown one so haha again.. Inertia is 9 5 -2 2

I just went off your can't turn the Volt or Crave enough and thought, if I was a Moose I bet an Inertia would be like a Relay for me.. Hold a line, any line. Just seemed topic appropriate and a possibility, looked like your bag was missing a control driver on the US side of the scale.

It has been a real workhorse in my bag, one of those Not sure what to throw? Maybe it's a little breezy...Not much room to work with...Too long for a Comet? Inertia Time!

If you're all FH and you hit like 500' I have no clue dude, flight numbers point to a fission Tesla I think it's 9 5 -1 2

I actually throw Bh a lot and do it fairly well, but the very long FH shots are the only part of my game that is out of the ordinary. These days a 425 backhand doesn't turn any heads, though it took me years to get there.

Stag is actually almost exclusively a Bh disc for me, can be manipulated on a lot of lines and when I travel with a small bag that's nice to have. Goes far for a slower disc too, for it out to 390 yesterday.

I'll have to get another inertia, it's been a few since I threw one. Might be work a look.

Interesting, I had wondered after my plasma Tesla experience what the deal would be with an Inertia.. Plasma sure makes a Wave understable and Tesla more stable.. I always wanted a plasma Tangent but meh I think this has killed my lust for it, I got a bunch of neutrons.

Plasma affects different molds differently.

-Volt it gives more glide and less fade.
-It gave my Tesla more glide and more fade.
-The Crave, more turn more fade.
-The Plasma Switch, harsher dump(the Switch was already dumpy)
-Plasma gave the Theory more glide less turn and less fade(much improved!!!).

Most discs Plasma makes better, not tried the Tangent, so I don't know.

I've only thrown one wave. My newly added 166 plasma. I was shocked at how understable it is. My main driver up till now was a proton insanity, and I couldn't turn that thing nearly as easy as I'm turning the wave. Actually thinking I might need a more stable wave or something similar that's a touch more stable.

I want an all plasma bag haha. I LOVE that plastic. I'm close. Plasma wave, plasma crave, plasma axis, and plasma ion are my go to discs right now!

I've only thrown one wave. My newly added 166 plasma. I was shocked at how understable it is.

Plasma Wave + Neutron Wave = DDD (Distance Driver Domination!)

I mix in an Inertia N, a Fission Tesla, a N Relay all about 155-160 ish.
Eclipse and N Crave pop in n out. + a Comet (usually ESP 172-176, Spin (proton), Plasma and soft N Envy, Ohm. (165-167 putters) sometimes a soft e envy. Blah blah haha, no wait that's it.

To those who have thrown them.. Lift, Insanity, or both?

Bonus if you can compare Lift to both regular (flat) Insanity and the Prism v2 (which I suspect is very similar in profile to the Lift).

I've really been digging the Prism lately, but I have 1 ITB and 1 on the shelf, and it feels like I'm throwing an expensive OOP disc.

Plasma Wave + Neutron Wave = DDD (Distance Driver Domination!)

I mix in an Inertia N, a Fission Tesla, a N Relay all about 155-160 ish.
Eclipse and N Crave pop in n out. + a Comet (usually ESP 172-176, Spin (proton), Plasma and soft N Envy, Ohm. (165-167 putters) sometimes a soft e envy. Blah blah haha, no wait that's it.

Is the neutron wave noticably less flippy than the plasma? Keep in mind I'm still probably sub 350' on a good pull.

Is the neutron wave noticably less flippy than the plasma? Keep in mind I'm still probably sub 350' on a good pull.

For me (300-ish thrower, 157 gram weights) the difference was noticeable but not enough to keep both in the bag.

But I carry a fairly minimal bag with only 2 distance drivers.

Well sample size of 1 x 155(?) Neutron Wave, (early run).. And 4 x plasmas. (155? And 3x 162). Let's just say I'm a 300' with bad legwork and good arm and spin mechanics. That said, yes for me I can bag both happily. They are close but the neutron handles the downhill needs for stability better and tends to go real straight on a little anhyzer, it takes all the power I can give it, I need to fight a bit to keep it straight.

Plasma is a workable semi touch max distance, I can bend most shots with it including a long full flight anny. (If I have enough height).

Last edited:
So I was maxing out my octane and mayhems at about 470' and then my goddamb cranks that I just found again and brought for fun added 20' to that.. I have I my thrown the excite I the US max d 13 + speed category. What do you think would add some distance to satisfy my ocd and gmkeeo the bag all gyro? Relativity? Catalyst? Teleport? Replace the lost excite I never got to properly throw since getting over 400'?

I finally got out to throw today. It's been several months since I've been able to do so. In that time, I've bought some new discs to try out--and I'm to where I can't put them all in my bag. Seriously, I had to leave the Atom and another in the car to carry all the new stuff to try.

I reallyreally like the Ohm. Oh, lawdy, does that thing glide! I put approaches past the pin using it, simply because it kept on gliding. I didn't have to do any serious shot-shaping with it, so haven't put it through all its paces, yet it feels good and glides so well. Breeze was about 15 mph, too, so I've not thrown it in any serious wind as yet.

For a man who carried a single putter for over thirty years, I now have a surfeit of putter molds to figure out. I still putt with an Omega SS. I've an Atom, a Spin, an Ion, and an Ohm, also; the last two are new and still in trials. Yeesh.

I also have some new mids to figure out. I found a Matrix in a weight I throw, plus a new Reactor, and a Wedge (yeah, not gyro).

Oh, yeah, I also picked up a Servo to see if I could put it to use. I didn't touch it today.

I reallyreally like the Ohm. Oh, lawdy, does that thing glide! I put approaches past the pin using it, simply because it kept on gliding. I didn't have to do any serious shot-shaping with it, so haven't put it through all its paces, yet it feels good and glides so well. Breeze was about 15 mph, too, so I've not thrown it in any serious wind as yet..

Yeah, the Ohm as pretty much changed my putter setup. It is unlike any other MVP disc for glide, even the Pilot. It has such good angle control. Have you tried the Electron Entropy yet?

So nobody has a recommendation on a slightly US max d bomber? Basically need something longer than the octane/mayhem that I can pair with my Dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts