• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ok so....

I'm yapping about good karma, listed a bunch of my stuff in the FSOT VIP thread since Grips been a good dude.. I'm sitting in my Hottub and my buddy (?) Shows up, my dogs going ape ****, he doesn't like this dude and I'm thinking it's this chick who's here to visit my woman. Anyhow naked and scared barely hidden by bubbles a big dude says I want your discs, and waves $100 in my face...

So I hook him up, haha, he finished my concrete in my shop until 1 am, maybe 1:30, months ago, he left with 6 gyros and two bottles of hotsauce and a glow Margarita doubles mini, and a Sharpie, I did not get molested in any way.

Dumped my orbitals, plasma proxy, theory and 152 crave and 174 relay, 179 Vertex, I hope it works out for him. Crazy. That's a Pender Is. day.

Last edited:
So funny - all the Tesla talk. I yanked the Tesla out of the bag this week... Funny that It's the disc that convinced me to switch to MVP!

Reactor is earning it's spot. Really digging it. Getting 350' distance out of it - roughly same as my Matrix - albeit slow and straight vs. fast and all over the place laterally. Between the two, I can eat park holes alive.

Haha, I was wondering where you where.. So I stopped into your page this morning while toilet surfing and last post was 2019 haha. I have awakened Mike C!

Something sure woke me up. Played more disc golf in the past week than I have in a long time.

This was my setup for two rounds at a shorter 18 hole course

hr4e8rr.jpg

Only got a couple of throws with the Ohm and Reactor today. Gotta throw them more before I can be sure about them.

Ohm - It felt like it wanted to fade sooner than my Proxy. I compared it to a fresh Soft Neutron. Rim feels good in my hand and the plastic is softer than typical neutron, which I like. Initial impressions are it probably won't make the bag. I dropped the Envy because I didn't feel the need for a mold between the Proxy and Entropy, especially with a mid (vector) that's in between their stabilities. Based off the first few throws it seems like a broken in Envy. I appreciate how close the rim shape is to the Entropy. They'd make a good combo.

Reactor - This one I really liked. I expected a little high speed wiggle vs my seasoned eclipse Vector, like I saw in the Matrix. Didn't see any. I was throwing it FH and BH in the 200-300' range. Maybe if I push it to 350-400' it'll turn, but I'll have to find out next time I do field work. The rim is very comfortable. It's like a Matrix but with a wider lower lip. The neutron plastic is soft and gummy like my old neutron Wrath and SE Fireball, really nice grip. I was probably bummed more than anyone when the Vector gotthe axe, been throwing them since they came out. But this might actually replace mine. I'll have to throw it around on some long hyzers in a headwind to be certain. I always liked the Vector & Roc flight but not the rim shape, and most "modern profile" discs in this stabilityslot seem to be more OS / less glide, or lack the HSS. This may be the modern winged mid for me.

The Electron Proxy was listed as soft but feels like regular. Maybe it just needs broken in. It's cosmic with a slight dome. It putts well aside from being firmer than I'm used to putting.

I think tomorrow I'll play a full round with these three.

The Electron Proxy was listed as soft but feels like regular. Maybe it just needs broken in. It's cosmic with a slight dome. It putts well aside from being firmer than I'm used ...

All of the Cosmics seem a bit stiffer; Even Mint's swirled Sublime is stiffer than the regular Sublime.

Cosmic Firm is the only Electron I will buy now. Regular Firm feels like flexible medium now... I want my putters close to feeling like a slab of granite.

Last edited:
Electron has been all over the place in terms of feel and durability. Electron Cosmic Firm is really nice. Have you ever felt the original Fossil plastic from RDG? That is some pretty hard baseline plastic with a nice finish to it.

Electron has been all over the place in terms of feel and durability. Electron Cosmic Firm is really nice. Have you ever felt the original Fossil plastic from RDG? That is some pretty hard baseline plastic with a nice finish to it.

Yeah, while it feels good, Fossil is too fragile. Electron Firm is much tougher. Electron Firm and Gateway Eraser are my two favorite baseline plastics.

MVP used to have the best consistency of any mfg.; now maybe Innova is the only one that is worse. Sad as MVP has the best putter molds ever made.

Last edited:
Yeah, while it feels good, Fossil is too fragile. Electron Firm is much tougher. Electron Firm and Gateway Eraser are my two favorite baseline plastics.

MVP used to have the best consistency of any mfg.; now maybe Innova is the only one that is worse. Sad as MVP has the best putter molds ever made.

I have the opposite opinion on Fossil. I have the FR Fossil in an off white. Firmest and hardest base plastic I have ever putted with. Not sure how this would be labeled as fragile. Agree that some of the best putting molds but inconsistent base plastic. Even the firmest of Electron plastics all puddle top. If that is the feel you like. I find it inconsistent for putting.

I have the opposite opinion on Fossil. I have the FR Fossil in an off white. Firmest and hardest base plastic I have ever putted with. Not sure how this would be labeled as fragile. Agree that some of the best putting molds but inconsistent base plastic. Even the firmest of Electron plastics all puddle top. If that is the feel you like. I find it inconsistent for putting.

I have 2 fossil Gila's... they are firm but have a very high plasticity. Instead of cutting or gouging, they lost their shape quickly. The PLH looked like an accordion

I have 2 fossil Gila's... they are firm but have a very high plasticity. Instead of cutting or gouging, they lost their shape quickly. The PLH looked like an accordion

Not sure what plastic you have. It could be Fossil Fuel or another blend. Fossil is very hard and does not deform at all.

My fossil Gilas gouge pretty easily, but don't warp or anything much at all.

I remember that plastic. Way firmer than I like for a putter, but a wonderful surface feel.

nM0UVXF.jpg

We have our first date tomorrow! Thinkin Ion, Proxy, beat Axis, seasoned Axis, Reactor, beat Crave, seasoned Wrath, Fireball, seasoned Mayhem. There's room for one more but this way I can fit my phone and bluetooth speaker more easily.

One thing I didn't notice before I bought is there's no pouch on the other side, or any padding on the strap. The strap should be fine with how light the setup is but a side pouch would have been ideal for phone / keys / wallet. I'm going to attach something to it eventually.

Either way I'm happy to have a small bag. My backpack is overkill for a casual round at a short course.

I remember that plastic. Way firmer than I like for a putter, but a wonderful surface feel.

One thing I didn't notice before I bought is there's no pouch on the other side, or any padding on the strap. The strap should be fine with how light the setup is but a side pouch would have been ideal for phone / keys / wallet. I'm going to attach something to it eventually.

Either way I'm happy to have a small bag. My backpack is overkill for a casual round at a short course.

Might be easier to throw your phone in the bottle holder if it will fit and get a water bottle with a clip and use your own water or pour whatever into it. You can go to any walgreens or dollar general and find those usually. That way your phone wont be bashing against stuff hanging off the bag. Get an MVP carabiner for your keys and clip that on too.

Last edited:
Hey I just got an SE red Ohm and a PFN fission tesla 155.. Light light purple/white

Just loving the feel of the SE neutron, feels grippier, puddle top again, 174g. Putts real nice, like 167 plasma envy nice haha. Had to run out to work, just waiting for bbq chicken.. Then go try these out.

Any significance to the PFN fission Tesla? It's got a medium dome.. I know I scored some early run Photons and those were money! I heard other runs were lacking, just wondering if the Tesla experience was similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts