• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, question for the MVP guys. I am looking for a more straight stable and slightly OS counterpart to my gilas. I was looking at the matrix (electron) and reactor (neutron). I am coming away from throwing an element, and have been tempted to pick up the Vroc, or Göte again, but those are a tad slower than I want when compared to the element. The axiom molds looked more interesting to me, but I've made a vow to stop throwing OOP plastic. So how do the matrix and reactor compare?

Reactor is slightly more stable than Matrix. I bag them both and throw both with a FH and BH. If thrown hard, my neutron Matrix turns a bit while the Reactor holds rather straight. Otherwise they are very similar. Its like having a same mold in two different stabilities.
I have not tried the electron Matrix, so I can't comment on that.

Reactor is slightly more stable than Matrix. I bag them both and throw both with a FH and BH. If thrown hard, my neutron Matrix turns a bit while the Reactor holds rather straight. Otherwise they are very similar. Its like having a same mold in two different stabilities.
I have not tried the electron Matrix, so I can't comment on that.

Just out of curiosity, how far do you throw your matrix? Thrown flat, my proton matrix doesn't turn at all. I've always wondered if I'm not throwing it far enough, or if it's a touch more stable than a lot of them.

Just out of curiosity, how far do you throw your matrix? Thrown flat, my proton matrix doesn't turn at all. I've always wondered if I'm not throwing it far enough, or if it's a touch more stable than a lot of them.

I feel like that's the magic of gyro, at least for kids and putters: they have a full flight but the turn and fade is just straight. So when thrown with 250 or 320ft of power, you're getting a straighter flight with the Matrix than say a Buzzz or another stable mid. Think of how the Proxy doesn't turn too much when thrown hard- it just goes straight.

I feel like that's the magic of gyro, at least for kids and putters: they have a full flight but the turn and fade is just straight. So when thrown with 250 or 320ft of power, you're getting a straighter flight with the Matrix than say a Buzzz or another stable mid. Think of how the Proxy doesn't turn too much when thrown hard- it just goes straight.

That's what I see. My matrix doesn't turn. It just fades less the farther I throw it. At my max with it (about 280') it's just straight with a tiny fade.

Am I the only one who thinks a 140-150 class fission putter would be fun? Nobody would probably buy them.....but I'd totally bag a 150 fission ion. Lightweight discs are a blast! I think fission putters and mids would be great!

Am I the only one who thinks a 140-150 class fission putter would be fun? Nobody would probably buy them.....but I'd totally bag a 150 fission ion. Lightweight discs are a blast! I think fission putters and mids would be great!

i think it would be fun if mvp ever fleshed out their lineup. they have molds and they have plastic variations.. COMBINE THEM.

fission putters

electron drivers

eclipse everything

SOFT NEUTRON

the bros are too worried about consistency. i understand its their company but i personally love that i have a first run shock with turn, and a regular shock with massive overstability. oh wait they discontinued the shock completely didnt they.. my whole bag is MVP and there are only a few discs that arent OOP...

i think it would be fun if mvp ever fleshed out their lineup. they have molds and they have plastic variations.. COMBINE THEM.

fission putters

electron drivers

eclipse everything

SOFT NEUTRON

the bros are too worried about consistency. i understand its their company but i personally love that i have a first run shock with turn, and a regular shock with massive overstability. oh wait they discontinued the shock completely didnt they.. my whole bag is MVP and there are only a few discs that arent OOP...

I'm in the same boat! All gyro bag. A huge part of my bag is OOP. I'd kill for an electron crave, soft N and more plasma mids, and more.

Maybe they will get there someday

Last edited:

fission putters

electron drivers

eclipse everything

SOFT NEUTRON

Fission Putters -- might be fun but not sure there is a real need especially with Ions/Anodes in the 150s.

Electron Drivers -- there already is the Electron Volt that is pretty versatile. Yeah, maybe a couple more but the Electron Volt hasn't been a great seller for them. They do beat in really fast.

Eclipse -- these just don't seem to sell. The price point is also a few dollars more and I think that many small pro-shops just don't carry it so inventory sits. Yeah, Eclipse is a bit more stable than most of the other plastics so it would be nice but I just don't see it.

Soft Neutron -- I agree. I wish there were more in this plastic but to be quite honest, most new Neutron is closer to soft than OG Neutron that was hard as bricks. Plasma is also closer to Soft Neutron, depending on color.

What they need to get out are more mids, especially US mids. Since last year's announcement all we have had is the Reactor, which is good, but way too much overlap with the Matrix. A Theory/Vertex replacement needs to be out soon.

I'd say that mine begins turning on about 65-70m FH or on 80-85m BH throws. It's well worked in disc. It sure wasn't that flippy when new.
The Reactor is still quite new'ish, so this is partly the reason why my Matrix is flippy compared to my reactor.
Neither of them is a good wind fighter. On a windy day, I throw a fission or neutron Volt instead for those straight mid lines. My Pyro is still too stable for those.

Fission Putters -- might be fun but not sure there is a real need especially with Ions/Anodes in the 150s.

Electron Drivers -- there already is the Electron Volt that is pretty versatile. Yeah, maybe a couple more but the Electron Volt hasn't been a great seller for them. They do beat in really fast.

Eclipse -- these just don't seem to sell. The price point is also a few dollars more and I think that many small pro-shops just don't carry it so inventory sits. Yeah, Eclipse is a bit more stable than most of the other plastics so it would be nice but I just don't see it.

Soft Neutron -- I agree. I wish there were more in this plastic but to be quite honest, most new Neutron is closer to soft than OG Neutron that was hard as bricks. Plasma is also closer to Soft Neutron, depending on color.

What they need to get out are more mids, especially US mids. Since last year's announcement all we have had is the Reactor, which is good, but way too much overlap with the Matrix. A Theory/Vertex replacement needs to be out soon.

You are right in your assessment! I also didn't realize ions/Anodes came that light. I bag both of those molds too. That would satisfy my urges just fine haha. I would love a truly US mid. I used to bag an Alias, which was dropped for my plaz axis. I keep hoping to break that axis into something a little easier to flip, but it's taking too dang long. Considering trying it with an E matrix. But for now, I'm getting by fine.

I'd say that mine begins turning on about 65-70m FH or on 80-85m BH throws. It's well worked in disc. It sure wasn't that flippy when new.
The Reactor is still quite new'ish, so this is partly the reason why my Matrix is flippy compared to my reactor.
Neither of them is a good wind fighter. On a windy day, I throw a fission or neutron Volt instead for those straight mid lines. My Pyro is still too stable for those.

I hate the dam metric system lol

We are throwing them pretty much the same distance. 230- 265' is about my comfort range with it. Mines been bagged awhile, but hasn't taken too much abuse. It is also proton, so the abuse likely wouldn't matter anyways haha.

You are right in your assessment! I also didn't realize ions/Anodes came that light. I bag both of those molds too. That would satisfy my urges just fine haha. I would love a truly US mid. I used to bag an Alias, which was dropped for my plaz axis. I keep hoping to break that axis into something a little easier to flip, but it's taking too dang long. Considering trying it with an E matrix. But for now, I'm getting by fine.

I use my 150s Plasma Anodes to warm up or play catch. Great glide on them. Axis is good, but also going OP and it can be sneaky long. The FR Axis was my first ever MVP disc and while it holds a good anny line it still has some fade all these years later, especially if the nose is up even the tiniest bit. Electron Matrix has filled by US gap along with a Theory (which I have never really fallen in love with because of the wing profile). They need to have a Reactor/Matrix like disc but US with little to no LSS -- 4/5/-2 or -3/0 -- but that resists turn and burn.

I use my 150s Plasma Anodes to warm up or play catch. Great glide on them. Axis is good, but also going OP and it can be sneaky long. The FR Axis was my first ever MVP disc and while it holds a good anny line it still has some fade all these years later, especially if the nose is up even the tiniest bit. Electron Matrix has filled by US gap along with a Theory (which I have never really fallen in love with because of the wing profile). They need to have a Reactor/Matrix like disc but US with little to no LSS -- 4/5/-2 or -3/0 -- but that resists turn and burn.

Plasma Anodes are oop now though, right? I know the plasma ions are (RIP). If my plasma axis ever gets lost, I'm going to go the E matrix route and hope for the best. A matrix-esque 4/5/-2.5/0 disc would immediately find a home in my bag. Even a good 0/0 could work.

Plasma Anodes are oop now though, right? I know the plasma ions are (RIP). If my plasma axis ever gets lost, I'm going to go the E matrix route and hope for the best. A matrix-esque 4/5/-2.5/0 disc would immediately find a home in my bag. Even a good 0/0 could work.

Yep they are, sadly. But there are Electrons in Ions that are 150-class. Not sure about Anodes in Electron that low.

I'm all for this. I've asked them several times for this.
Specifically, I'd love to see the servo, resistor, and crave in electron plastic. Love those speed 6 molds <3

Fission Speed 13 drivers!!! I been patiently waiting to see this. They could be the farthest flying drivers in disc golf.

Fission Mayhem or Octane

Status
Not open for further replies.