• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 or 3 month beaten in pyro shares a lot of overlap with my fresh glow reactor. My 1 year old beaten in proto reactor shares a lot of overlap with a fresh hex, the beaten in reactor may even be slightly more understable.

My guess is that the pyro beats in a little bit in the beginning then holds that stability for a while. I am a little disappointed because the stability of a fresh proton pyro is perfect for me. Im going to try using my new deflector to see if it beats in slightly to fly like a fresh pyro.

I don't think anyone is going to agree with me, but the pyro feels like it has slightly more glide than the reactor. The pyro always seems to go slightly farther than I expect. I can put a lot of power into it and it flies really straight, then has that nice fade at the end. The reactor feels like it is slightly faster than the pyro but has a little less glide. For me the slightly beat in pyro flies like a 5|5|0|2.5 and the glow reactor flies like a 5.5|4|0|2

I don't think anyone is going to agree with me, but the pyro feels like it has slightly more glide than the reactor. The pyro always seems to go slightly farther than I expect. I can put a lot of power into it and it flies really straight, then has that nice fade at the end. The reactor feels like it is slightly faster than the pyro but has a little less glide. For me the slightly beat in pyro flies like a 5|5|0|2.5 and the glow reactor flies like a 5.5|4|0|2

Ooh I am so glad you brought that up. I already feel insane for saying my pyro and reactor feel very similar. For what it's worth my prism pyro is relatively new but not brand new. But yeah the pyro is sneaky glidey, i don't agree at all with the 4 glide compared to other 5 glide discs. I could honestly interchange them at the moment but i really like the softer grip of the reactor in the colder months.

I throw the eclipse reactor, prism pyro, and proton deflector…and usually flip flop between pyro and deflector given the course since I've got limited space in my c series grip.

Eclipse reactor I still think of as a straight mid. Yes it fades a bit harder than a neutron reactor, but will still show that little bit of high speed turn on a hard rip or into some headwind.

Pyro I'd say is actually an overstable mid…and I was surprised at how far it'll travel before it fades. Deflector is just pure beef.

I was part of a "used disc swap" run by TrashPanda and got a MVP Servo. I don't throw MVP....well, I didn't. The Servo is awesome and will most likely complement my Innova Teebird. I like the flat top as it makes it great for my forehand (the Teebird is good for my backhand....but hasn't been so good forehand).

Ooh I am so glad you brought that up. I already feel insane for saying my pyro and reactor feel very similar. For what it's worth my prism pyro is relatively new but not brand new. But yeah the pyro is sneaky glidey, i don't agree at all with the 4 glide compared to other 5 glide discs. I could honestly interchange them at the moment but i really like the softer grip of the reactor in the colder months.

FWIW, I should've clarified that I'm coming from the Neutron Reactor camp and not the Eclipse. I understand those are a little more stable and closer to the Pyro in their behavior. But I do love the way a lot of folks can find the Goldilocks disc between MVP's three lines: there's enough variety in stability between the discs and plastics that - provided it fits your hand well, which is where I got hooked - you're almost bound to find something that'll work.

I'm in the same boat with my Proton Insanity being super-flippy while everyone's gushing over the beefy Halloween Eclipses.

I have an A2 and that thing is pure unadulterated beef and the pyro, at least for me, is not even close to that. I believe the flight ratings are true on mine, 5 4 0 2 but the reactor for me is probably 5 5 0 1.5. Again, it's an eclipse reactor so perhaps it holds a bit more HSS than a neutron, but the pyro I have is no where near A2 levels of over stability. Heck, I dropped the entropy because I was looking for something more OS which is how I found the A2.

You sound just like me, even down to trying the Entropy :)

My A2 is fantastic. Nice gummy 400g plastic and just feels great It is beef, I agree.

I estimate my fades are 2.5 for the Pyro and 1.5 for the Reactor. I think I'll leave the Pyro aside for a while and see if I miss it. I don't need an A2/Reactor/Pyro/Resistor all in my bag at the same time.

So the pyro is advertised as 5 4 0 2 and the reactor is 5 5 -0.5 1.5.

Personally with my eclipse reactor I don't see the -0.5 in turn unless I really go ham on that disc. I did some field work yesterday and threw the pyro and reactor back to back several times and they almost always had the same flights. I'd like to try a neutron reactor to see if I could get that -0.5 turn but for me I chose to drop the pyro…the reactor/hex/uplink/paradox were all designed together

I have a Neutron Reactor and the Eclipse 2.0.. the Neutron absolutely has that turn in it.. and fades less than the glow. Love mine.

So... since they put out the special blue glow Inertia.... might we get some regular Neutron Inertia in 2022? I need a couple... for reals...

So... since they put out the special blue glow Inertia.... might we get some regular Neutron Inertia in 2022? I need a couple... for reals...

Amen to that, the 155 fr inertia was a bag anchor for me for years until they invented the Relay. Damn good disc!

Oooh I'm excited to get home tonight it sounds like my original gyro palooza box finally showed up ! Going to be opening something good in about 20 minutes I'll be back haha

I would love a mid right inbetween a deflector and pyro. I just threw my two deflectors in the field today. Hopefully what I want is a beat deflector.

Same experience here. I know the Defy was supposed to fly like a beat-in Photon, but that wasn't my experience at all. For me, a Photon and Defy fly about the same distance before the fade kicks in, and then the Defy fades violently left while the Photon penetrates forward in the fade a little better. Very similar discs, although he difference in fade does give me a few extra feet with a Photon.
They changed the description on the site to say it's more OS than the Photon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Goddamn, got my second gyro box, it's almost identical to the first one!! Got a teleport instead of a tantrum, glow insanity, reactor, volt, nomad 167...

Bugga!

Did get a glow mini instead of a macro tesla though.. :D

I was part of a "used disc swap" run by TrashPanda and got a MVP Servo. I don't throw MVP....well, I didn't. The Servo is awesome and will most likely complement my Innova Teebird. I like the flat top as it makes it great for my forehand (the Teebird is good for my backhand....but hasn't been so good forehand).

What kind of plastic is yours in? The Teebird comparison has me curious.

I have a neutron servo that I picked up last summer, and saw a lot of use until late this summer. I had picked up a Crave at the same time (aso neutron) and my servo always seemed more understable even though it still had the stronger fade. I especially liked it for low height distance and for driving at downward angles down a slope. Has always felt great in the hand, and replaced my Inspire, although the inspire is a bit more overstable I find maybe due to Proton plastic?

I haven't been using it much lately due to the somewhat windy rounds. It likes to turn in the headwind and it's not overstable enough to put up much a fight. It is on the lighter side so I should likely just look into a heavier one.

My mystery box came in. The 5 randos are:
  • Cosmic Neutron Volt
  • Eclipse Insanity
  • Neutron Runway - Wasn't expecting Streamline in something with "Gyro"palooza in the name... I wasn't too happy with a Justice I bought so maybe I'll take to this instead?
  • Neutron Relativity - Oh boy...
  • Electron Soft Anode

Will toss them in the small bag this weekend and play a couple rounds with them.

[*]Neutron Runway - Wasn't expecting Streamline in something with "Gyro"palooza in the name... I wasn't too happy with a Justice I bought so maybe I'll take to this instead?
Will toss them in the small bag this weekend and play a couple rounds with them.

I absolutely love my Runway. It's definitely a beefcake. Gets decent distance though. I find it really nice feeling both FH and BH. It was exactly the OS bookend to my matrix and axis (axis now replaced by Hex) that I was looking for.

My gyro box's 5 extra discs were a plasma volt, electron nomad, neutron reactor, ecliplse insanity, and neutron octane but feels like a softer neutron then my stock neutron octane. I traded my uplink for an eclipse envy. I was decently happy with my box.

No mini in mine. :\

My first had no mini, my second had a glow mini. If you can go into a store and physically touch the boxes this is how you can find out which boxes have a mini :thmbup:

Pick up the box and press from both ends of the box (not against the flight plates, but against the rims of the disc). Press hard enough that the discs are secure and then shake the box a bit. If everything is quiet and still there is no mini, but if you hear a bit of a rattle there is a mini in the box.

My gyro box's 5 extra discs were a plasma volt, electron nomad, neutron reactor, ecliplse insanity, and neutron octane but feels like a softer neutron then my stock neutron octane. I traded my uplink for an eclipse envy. I was decently happy with my box.

This was almost exactly the box I was wanting. I was hoping for the plasma volt, neutron reactor, and either the eclipse insanity or eclipse volt that i have seen so many people get.

I got two boxes and my ten randos were:

N Excite, N Octane, N Volt, Signal (not sure if it was neutron or proton but seemed like a mix), Fission Defy (x2), CN Reactor, Electron Nomad (x2), P Atom.

What kind of plastic is yours in? The Teebird comparison has me curious.

I have a neutron servo that I picked up last summer, and saw a lot of use until late this summer. I had picked up a Crave at the same time (aso neutron) and my servo always seemed more understable even though it still had the stronger fade. I especially liked it for low height distance and for driving at downward angles down a slope. Has always felt great in the hand, and replaced my Inspire, although the inspire is a bit more overstable I find maybe due to Proton plastic?

I haven't been using it much lately due to the somewhat windy rounds. It likes to turn in the headwind and it's not overstable enough to put up much a fight. It is on the lighter side so I should likely just look into a heavier one.

My mystery box came in. The 5 randos are:
  • Cosmic Neutron Volt
  • Eclipse Insanity
  • Neutron Runway - Wasn't expecting Streamline in something with "Gyro"palooza in the name... I wasn't too happy with a Justice I bought so maybe I'll take to this instead?
  • Neutron Relativity - Oh boy...
  • Electron Soft Anode

My Servo is Plasma plastic and my Teebirds are DX. Since both are broken in, I find the flights similar (at least with my noodle arm and throwing ability). But the Teebird works better for me with a backhand and the Servo for a forehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.